1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Disable NoCheat for Premium Games

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Zentz01, Sep 16, 2014.

Suggestion - Disable NoCheat for Premium Games
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZentzVB Platinum

XP:
    22,641xp
    Hopefully nobody cheats in the PREMIUM matches. Why not disable NCP? During the first PG ever I suggested it and Highlife said it was a good idea. Thanks for reading!

2. Jacobpara Platinum

XP:
    14,871xp
  3. MikeHat Platinum

XP:
    65,923xp
    im sorry but I don't want people flying around
  4. Jacobpara Platinum

XP:
    14,871xp
    WHAT ARE U TALKING BOUT
  5. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    Lemme think....NOPE

Sorry for being rash but this is quite a bad idea other than the fact that it would weed out the hacking premiums, which I am totally for but we all need to prevent said peoples from hacking in the first place. You are on the right track but need some guidance.
  6. EmeraldSoda Silver

XP:
    20,631xp
    Not all prems dont hack....
  7. TheBrainTrain Silver

XP:
    14,338xp
    I'm premium (at least I was), and I hack all the time! I love this idea!
    eXAt88, kjean07, llamacek and 4 others like this.
  8. JumJumJR Emerald

XP:
    26,401xp
    This will not happen. Hacked clients won't be allowed on the network in any way, shape, or form.
  9. LootRunner Platinum

XP:
    172,313xp
    >Implying premiums don't hack

Ever heard of players like RobinTheKayOh, COD_Nick?

We can't go off trust for things like this.
    Reillyrox13 and kjean07 like this.
  10. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    I would completely agree with making the anticheat more lenient to unusual movement and velocity (to prevent acrobat/scout/iceman BS glitches) but not completely disabling it. It still does a good job at detecting the majority of forcefield hacks.

I will bet money that premiums hack less than non-premiums. You've named two examples, whereas well over a hundred hackers are usually caught and banned each week.
  11. Shady_Oak Regular Member

XP:
    37,428xp
    can't tell if trolling or...
  12. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    If we have to make the NoCheat in the premium match lax, then we have to do it for the regular matches too. Premium ranks shouldn't have to be able to restrict anything in terms of the NoCheat. It doesn't say that but it should be common sense.

Premiums hack too. There is nothing that separates that virtual barrier of name colour and intent to hack, no matter how you pull the card that paying the server somehow points to that they owe their souls to Shotbow. But given that you don't seem to be convinced by the fact that they exist from two outstanding figures of that stipend of premium hackers, I don't expect you to even look into this outside of the premium thing in this debate.

The NoCheat's gotta be the same at all. Downlevel it or increase it, if you do it's gotta apply to the regular matches too.
    Reillyrox13 likes this.
  13. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    I maintain my position until Shotbow releases statistics that prove me wrong.

Also, we could still completely remove the anti-cheat for one game in a blue moon if there is an admin watching each game. Not suggesting that though. I just think that it should me more lax.
  14. MrYellowElmo Platinum

XP:
    10,929xp
    Gosh, I knew it. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

You don't believe in the idea because you think it's true, but more because you like the idea that premiums don't hack. That's all I'll say for you.
  15. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    I actually never said that premiums don't hack, I just said that I have derived by logic and experience that premiums hack less frequently.
  16. Edieknox Gold

XP:
    36,594xp
    DemonicKai likes this.
  17. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    With all due respect to this statement, if automatic anti-cheat is the only way to enforce the rule against hacked clients, what is the anni admin team for?
  18. Edieknox Gold

XP:
    36,594xp
    There are players that bypass the NoCheat, those are the players that we watch. We also fix map bugs, chat related problems, etc.
    Reillyrox13 likes this.
  19. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    Precisely, which is why I refute the statement that removing NoCheat is the same thing as allowing hacked clients. I am not refuting anything else.
  20. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    I once toyed with this idea, but there's a problem:

Laggers. Laggy people get rubberbanded. You know what would happen if they didn't? They would glitch out and act as though they were flying around and stuff. That would ruin the game even if everyone played completely legit. As annoying as being rubberbanded is, it's really just as much a NoLag as a NoCheat.
    CreeperKiller_07 and Reillyrox13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.