1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion MineZ 2: Journals/Notes.

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by TheFlurp, Sep 2, 2014.

Suggestion - MineZ 2: Journals/Notes.
  1. TheFlurp Platinum

XP:
    38,332xp
    I thought that it could be interesting to be able to find notes and/or journals (pre-written) by other other survivors in the MineZ world.
    They would have a small chance of spawning in certain chests, and would appear in the chest as a written book
    These books could say many different things in it that just add to making the world feel more dynamic.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For example:

-Day 53 I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will come to help. I'm certainly starting to doubt it, but I mustn't lose hope. I'm already beginning to ration my food...

-If you are reading this, DON'T go to [insert town here]. The whole place has been taken by those... things! Be warned!

-Susanne, I don't know if you will get this message, but we aren't in the [insert location here] anymore. You need to travel west. We can rendezvous by the rocks. Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And of course there could be some sort of reward for finding these notes. Maybe something like XP if you can find enough.

2. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    Wow! I actually like this idea.. That'd be cool actually, and maybe there could be some in byesford labs as like a scientist's note? These are cool, maybe if you find all of them around the map, (HUNT FO DA BOOKZ) then you put them in a crafting table or something and get a special prize!
    vibrava4444 and OneZedArmy like this.
  3. TheFlurp Platinum

XP:
    38,332xp
    Just thought of something else but I don't feel like editing:

There could be notes or messages that lead to loot stashes, which would be exclusive to whoever found the book/map leading to them. And this could add more use for the shovel. You find a map/book in a chest, which tells you where to "dig" in the ground for your prize.
    vibrava4444 and SandblastPvP like this.
  4. ItsIlluminati Emerald

XP:
    601,394xp
    Holy yes
  5. Wezabi Gold

XP:
    40,357xp

I'm assuming that the journals/notes would have random generation when it comes to where they lead. I think it'd be really good and add some new adventure options.
  6. SCRATCHH Regular Member

XP:
    19,467xp
    this is a must have it would add so much more realism 10/10ths
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  7. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    There are already things like this on signs, such as in Agni Ignis! I'd love to see more lore in MineZ 2 though!
  8. 20thCenturyBoy Retired Staff

XP:
    184,049xp
    I'm a big fan diaries, notes or even tomes.
    Would be great being able to collect some kind of MineZ 2 history :)
    SandblastPvP and TheFlurp like this.
  9. TheFlurp Platinum

XP:
    38,332xp
    History shown through the eyes of civilians, which is usually cooler because you can get so many different perspectives.
    SandblastPvP and 20thCenturyBoy like this.
  10. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
    Maybe instead of a random chest drop, they are like the Lore blocks, when you right click them, they say it.

EDIT: They change position in the world every reboot
  11. TheFlurp Platinum

XP:
    38,332xp
    I disagree with this, because this makes finding a journal less rare. If they are always pinned to a certain location, what's the fun in finding them?
  12. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
  13. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Another message:

This thing nearly got us. God... It looked like some crazy cannibal soldier... I think he said his own name... Paini-
    SandblastPvP likes this.
  14. PixelTheDragon Regular Member

XP:
    25,727xp
    Great idea! This makes it worthwhile to loot all the chest, and it may be very interesting ((or funny depending on the author)) of what these notes could have. I imagine in the laboratory are in MineZ finding a note from a scientist saying "I am so fired" or "The Zombie Pigman Project has been a huge success! Half man, half pig, half, zombie!"
    TheFlurp likes this.
  15. TheFlurp Platinum

XP:
    38,332xp
    I can imagine if this were to happen there would be some pretty dark ones too. Such as...

"Dear Diary,
    I miss my friends. I want to see them again, but I can't anymore. I had to kill them, or they would have killed me. Now my only company is the dog. I hope to god they can't be infected too."
  16. N1NJA Silver

XP:
    74,572xp
    Maybe talk about officers too?

"HQ just sent a distress call from the captain tower north west of Bell Farm. I am the last one surviving of the rescue team. That tower was empty when we entered it. Then we heard an inhumane screech and 2 of our 4 officers were dead, twitching. Then that thing attacked us with extreme speed. My partner held him off while I looted the captain's chest. It had all our info and his own enchanted sword. I took the sword out to save my partner only to meet 4 people, turned, rotten, and had white eyes. I notices that 3 were my comrades. "Joe.... JOE! Listen! You are NOT one of them! You-" I was hit so hard that I fell from the tower and landed backfirst. All the wind was knocked out of me and I was getting dizzy. I stood up quickly and shot away from the tower into the pines. I heard them behind me. Growling like dogs. I dived into a small cabin in Mount Fedrick and shut it with a cobble slab. The zombies stretched their arms inside. Trying to reach me. It was only a matter of time until they broke the slab. If any person finds this message. Take it with all the files to the Spire HQ. These files need to be delivered to Byesford for analasis. This is my goodbye. It was an honor to serve my country. I will forever be an Inodian.
    TheFlurp likes this.
  17. Bluigi2 Regular Member

XP:
    101,633xp
    I've been wanting this for a while, especially because of all the holes left in the MineZ backstory. There's so much to work with, like the drought that made the canyons, and obviously the gods. It would aloow the history of the world to develop as people explore and visit new places. It could even lead to two -almost- different timelines, if someone only found western notes, while someone else found eastern ones.
  18. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    Books are amazing, they allow for so much more content than signs. A table of a few thousand diary entries could be created (Perhaps take some suggestions from the community here!) to spawn a random message. Specific locations (For example, places like Castle Byesford on the current map) would have their own randomization tables with content specific to said location.
    123games1 and TheFlurp like this.
  19. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
    Theflurp I changed it to make it better
  20. Quote Platinum

XP:
    28,772xp
    Holy hell this'd be great.
    SandblastPvP likes this.