1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion We want Coastal, why can't we have it?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Corresponder, Aug 22, 2014.

Discussion - We want Coastal, why can't we have it?
  1. Corresponder Regular Member

XP:
    37,722xp
    I'll keep this short and sweet: I believe there has to be a better way for users to play the map they want. I'm not one of the goons that refuses to play any map other than Coastal, but I've been keeping an eye on the 'Voting' maps for nearly two hours, and have yet to see what I'm looking for. This is irritating, and should be easily fixable.

Thanks for being available.

-Corresponder

2. Cr0wn_L Platinum

XP:
    9,042xp
    No Coastal for 2 hours?

This is like the worst case for coastal lovers.
    Coastal is the most played map already and it rarely happens that it dont get voted for such a long time.

At least try to think about what other people who like maps like Amazon think.
    They have to wait even more on a regular basis and not just if they went unlucky.

uh änd sori foa mi inglisch
  3. Corresponder Regular Member

XP:
    37,722xp
    I agree. People who like other maps have it way worse, and that is exactly why a solution needs to be reached. Maybe every map could have a guaranteed lobby that restarted after each game, once a certain number of in-lobby players triggered a countdown.
  4. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    I want Castles, why can't I have it?

I'll keep this short and sweet: I believe there has to be a better way for users to play the map they want. I'm not one of the goons that refuses to play any map other than Castles, but I've been keeping an eye on the 'Voting' maps for nearly two hours, and have yet to see what I'm looking for. This is irritating, and should be easily fixable.

Thanks for being available.

-Keyboard
  5. fat_necks Platinum

XP:
    12,007xp
    I want valleys, Why cant I have it?
  6. Corresponder Regular Member

XP:
    37,722xp
    Okay, ha-ha. I could've picked a better title. But seriously. Everyone is sick of waiting hours for the map they want.
  7. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Well yeah, but short of dedicated servers for each map, I don't see anything working.
  8. MikeHat Platinum

XP:
    65,923xp
    can techno lock this because he locks everything
  9. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Nuu...what about my Castles? =(
  10. aliensushi Platinum

XP:
    280,025xp
    I want Fields, Why can't I have it? :zbanghead:
    Reillyrox13 likes this.
  11. iCybex Silver

XP:
    12,958xp
    I want Castaway and Temples, why can't I have it?
  12. Captain_Oof Regular Member

XP:
    13,638xp
    "We want Coastal, Why can't we have it?"
    Who is the "we" you are talking about in the title? By your logic, if I want Andorra or Cronos, I can have it. If this voting issue (your map not showing up in the voting selection) is a problem, you have not offered any solution to fix it. Right now, each map has an equal chance of appearing in the voting selection and I doubt that will change in the future.
    If Coastal would appear more often, players would complain that there is not enough of the other maps being done. Only a very small percentage of Annihilation players play exclusively on Coastal and the whole community should not need to change because of that. Other maps exist and they are entertaining to play on. You eventually need to try other maps because you would be spending more time waiting for a suitable match instead of actually playing if you only do Coastal.
    aliensushi likes this.
  13. Perrehjay Regular Member

XP:
    3,658xp
    im sure coastal used to be like the only map, then a few more were added, then the voting sustem occured. Surely if it was good enough to be the only map then and still the favourite map now, there should be a certainty that it will be available more often than not.
    Corresponder likes this.
  14. Nose4Toes Platinum

XP:
    113,812xp
    It was the first map... Amazon is better than coastal, kingdom is better then coastal, MANY maps are way better than coastal. People only like coastal because they are familiar with it. If Collis was the first anni map it would be the favourite.
  15. darkperl Platinum

XP:
    194,119xp
    I also love the map Castles! That was the classic map for OP transporter rushes, on top of the wool. I dont want this map to get removed, but almost every time its an option on "Voting" games, Coastal is an option, and it slaughters the rest :'( But i also dont want coastal to go
  16. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    There isn't a coastal for 2 hours. oh no. Other maps are only seen a couple times a day. :lmao:
    iCybex likes this.
  17. snipe7r Regular Member

XP:
    13,322xp
    Dude, it's already voted almost every time it's available. What more do you want? For coastal to always be an option?
  18. NovaFanOvar9000 Regular Member

XP:
    15,453xp
    Either people are actually getting tired of Coastal, or I just took the wrong pills this morning... Very, very illegal pills...
    iCybex likes this.
  19. IAmTheSoup Regular Member

XP:
    12,132xp
    Well guess what? Valleys was my favorite map. It got (temporarily, as far as I know) removed a while ago. Am I complaining like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum? No. I'm patiently waiting for it to return so I can abuse the shit out of that nexus mining spot where no one seems to look yet it's so obvious.
  20. Corresponder Regular Member

XP:
    37,722xp
    Half the people on this thread are completely missing my point, and choosing to make fun of my (admittedly shitty) post title. Childish.