1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Discussion of the latest tournament...

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by TheApprentus, Jun 27, 2014.

No Prefix - Discussion of the latest tournament...
  1. Elusivity Platinum

XP:
    129,748xp
    So as many of you know, the latest summer Anni tournament was a disaster. As much as Rony may have tried to make it the best it could be, it was a failure. So, what are your thoughts on the server? Discuss...

2. BitterSweetDeath Regular Member

XP:
    29,166xp
    I think the tournament should be hosted by the shotbow network, not a guy who has no control over the servers, teams, hackers, players.... :/ Then stuff like that happens.
  3. R33PS Silver

XP:
    19,031xp
    #BLAMERONY #PUTASPORKINHISBUTTHOLE #RIPANNI
    Zentz01 and Conner526 like this.
  4. swiftcashew Platinum

XP:
    25,680xp
    Rony promised 2 hour games max. Yet, when the game approached that 2 hour mark, barely anything was done. Water was removed, which didn't do much. Then, he just shut down the whole server entirely and cancelled the tournament instead of speeding up the game somehow. Perhaps they should've just moved on entirely to a different match.

Also, there was a 1 1/2 hour delay because they were still setting up the tournament, even this far after the tournament was announced.

The tournament was also held on Coastal 2.0. Coastal games are known for being the longest Annihilation games. It's not very smart to put 4 clans on a Coastal map.

Clans prepared a whole lot for this tournament, and some went through a lot to clear their schedules and attend this tournament. But it was all for nothing.

I understand that Rony is just a regular player, but he shouldn't have promised to do something that was impossible for him to do.
    a2A209_, Zentz01 and CreeperKiller_07 like this.
  5. kevinohbreh Platinum

XP:
    42,270xp
    10/10 tournament am rite

but seriously, it was only Rony that set up the tournament, if you were in the T.S. while he gave his condolences, you heard him say "saunders didn't even know the tournament was today"

In all honesty, you can't have a regular anni player shoulder all this stress without admin permissions/little to no knowledge of coding
    PedroPwnage likes this.
  6. ThePayman Platinum

XP:
    21,633xp
    I think everyone can see what failed. The expected time for each game was too short, one hour for each game is not enough if you have an huge map and you remove the classes that allow you to actually attack ( assassin ).
    OK, the game was getting pretty long, but WHY do you remove the water? Cant you actually think of how some defenses can be unbalanced without water and other can actually still be pretty good? Team phoenix got rushed in the end and the lack of water really hurt them, but they were actually able to defend.
    Also I would like to add the poor handling of the players, the admins should have contained a bit the trash talk from players and not accept accusations of hacks that had the objective of breaking the morality of the adversaries.
    To finish I would just like to point out the foolish decision of closing the server, you could have at least allowed the players to finish the game even if it wasn't counting anymore, this would have made this situation a lot smoother and wouldn't have caused such a big panic.
  7. dajuicey724 Regular Member

XP:
    97,027xp
    I wish there was an "Official Tournament" that is supported by the Shotbow Staff members.
    CreeperKiller_07 likes this.
  8. swiftcashew Platinum

XP:
    25,680xp

The tournament could've definitely been saved if Rony did something about the stalemate instead of just closing the server.
    aliensushi likes this.
  9. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
  10. rN27rYnphjAtwmfB Obsidian

XP:
    46,415xp
    That. That's what someone told me too. Saunders didn't even know the tourney was TODAY. Seriously. Then it seems they closed the server because saunders had to go. That, adding to the 1h delay before starting because it hasn't been tested PROPERLY before! Yes, testing it 2 days before is good, not preparing it 2 hours before isn't good. Sandbox should have been up and whitelisted hours before to check if everything was right, not 10 minutes before the match.

Rony isn't the one to blame and I feel bad for him getting all that hate. Saunders is the one you should blame...

Last official tournament ended up the same way... 3 hours late, 2 weeks with matches then nothing. We didn't hear a SINGLE word from any staff member about it since then :neutral_face:
  11. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp

Well said Acid, well said!
    AcidTooch likes this.
  12. puppiesrock06 Silver

XP:
    33,572xp
    Holy shit guys. The tournament was NOT Rony's fault whatsoever. He made this tournament for US. He was willing to spend his own money on US. He took time out of his life to create this tournament for US. He did all of this for US. And now that it didn't go your way, or you didn't get to play, you put it all on the tournament maker. The only tournament maker. Rony had no control over the Sandbox. He had no control over the delays at the beginning of the game (testing). The EU clans made the game way longer than it should have been. All they did is sit in their Nexus and build for 2 hours. The only clan that did something was Phoenix. They rushed. After 1 hour. He can't control the game but he can make it move faster. The whole situation about the water being removed, it sped up the game so much. People weren't being bowed down in the water and being pushed back. Rony did better than all of you put together could ever do.

Give him a little respect.
  13. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Honestly, I really do think that it should be hosted by the Shotbow Network. That being said, Rony did all he could to make it successful, which in the end, sadly, wasn't much. It isn't fair to make a player organize all of that by himself. I think we should all be saying a thank you to Rony for creating the Annihilation Tournaments and for all the work he's done on them, but we should also leave it in the hands of Shotbow from now on.
    a2A209_ and RonyRulesAll like this.
  14. FattyGotsGuns Platinum

XP:
    519,636xp
    Things didn't happen the way they were supposed to, big deal, life isn't all rainbows and butterflies. Things go wrong regardless of how much time and preparation are involved before hand. There could have been better decisions made by Rony, but a shitstorm was dumped on him by Saunders leaving in the middle of the match, along with the entire community bashing him and blaming him for the problems. How many of you finger pointers can honestly say you could have done a better job? How many of you stood up and tried to put together an anni tournament? How many of you were going to spend your own money to give the winners a prize because Shotbow didn't want any part of this? Cut the guy some slack, he did what he could with what was available to him. He made this tournament possible, which is more than any of us can say.
    RonyRulesAll likes this.
  15. ThePayman Platinum

XP:
    21,633xp

I dont see why you are complaining about EU clans and then say phoenix were the only ones doing anything.. Phoenix is a EU clan x.x
    But I disagree with the water thingy.. They should have expected long games and not change the game just because they want it to be faster :v
  16. ETforever Gold

XP:
    20,503xp
    100% freaking agreed. After Rony spends this much time of his life you guys all hate on him, he is not an admin, and could not control many things happening as an admin have, I felt that Rony should ask the admins to test some things and talk about some things b4 the tourney was even made in the forums. To avoid having delays and long ass games like this
    RonyRulesAll likes this.
  17. Eternally Gold

XP:
    1,172,873xp
    I would say more on saunder's fault honestly... Rony really tried.
    a2A209_, ETforever and RonyRulesAll like this.
  18. IvyyWolff Platinum

XP:
    7,411xp
    It sucks, but I don't think we should sit here and play the blame game. yes, the tourney didn't go well. I think it was a mixture of poor planning and general game choices, but when everyone wants to win, you're going to have games like this.
    I think something other then a single bracket elimination should happen. maybe just be a little more select in the amount of teams that play. I'd rather have 8 teams with good quality matches then this.
    Vovri likes this.
  19. kevinohbreh Platinum

XP:
    42,270xp
    If games were extended it would ruin the schedule for other matches.
  20. ThePayman Platinum

XP:
    21,633xp
    Like I said before, they should have expected longer games when they made the schedule :nope: