1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Annihilation Has Changed...

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by charman305, May 28, 2014.

Discussion - Annihilation Has Changed...
  1. _Charman Obsidian

XP:
    45,396xp
    I remember when I joined this server, it seemed to me like nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary, just a mini games server. One like I had played on before, like The Hive, ones that I've seen a million times. This server which I didn't play on often was no different.

But then came Annihilation. This was a game I could play for 2 days straight without getting bored, a game that I loved so much it got me to love this server, and to eventually buy Obsidian. I enjoyed it so much that I thought it couldn't last forever. And I was right.

The day came when i saw my first "Nerf [something]" thread. That day changed everything. It began what I like to call the Nerf Age, when everything was nerfed.

First, it was small. The posts weren't noticed by the staff, and most of the replies were just stuff like, "No." But more and more began to pop up. And eventually, 3 classes were nerfed, Scorpio, Scout, and Transporter.

And this began a big string of nerfs that was one of the major components in why Annihilation has changed into a game that I can't play for more than 20-30 minutes ever anymore, a game that I am on the verge of quitting.

After more nerfs were issued, it died down for a little while, but not forever. Next came the strength 2 nerf petitions and threads. Next thing you know, the threads are EVERYWHERE. It went on for months, MONTHS! And I agreed with the cause to nerf it, it looked amazing on paper! Taking away the OPness of strength? Why not?

But then the nerf happened. And this was the second fatal blow that was dealt to Annihilation. Why? Look at it. The game is so boring now. I loved to defend. But during phases 1-4, what's the point? And after that, no one wants to strength rush anyway, because of how great the defenses are. I see 1-2 str2 rushes per game now, in total. And they fail. It makes the game so boring for me.

But the third, the third was just as bad as the others. The new classes. They all seem good, great, actually, but if you think about it, are they? Are all of them that great? Let's begin with swapper. Sure, it's a great tool for defending, but hasn't strength been nerfed enough? The Phase 4 nerf was brutal enough, but now it's impossible to strength rush, impossible. It makes the game so boring.

And handyman? Ninjatinklepower, I like the idea, but the way it was implemented was a little bit annoying. Civilian has no use now, why even have it anymore? And people can get such high nexus damage, it's quite unfair.

I've seen classes on the forums I want to be added, but they haven't been. I respect the work of the devs fully, but I want better classes. Without them, it makes the game boring and more complicated, especially with these classes.

I hope this didn't come off as too much of a rant, I just want a change. A change back to the old Annihilation I used to love, the game I could never stop playing. I want that. I don't expect many to agree with me, I mean, look at all the players on! But I think that this needed to be said, for the well-being of me and the community. I thank you for your time.

-Charman

2. MangoSmoothies Emerald

XP:
    489,769xp
    From all the games in shotbow, the noobs and complainers model the game into the way it is...
    Str was actually not that bad, only splash str was... and you could just disable str drinking unless within 100 blocks of a base.
    epicw123finder likes this.
  3. KevinEduardo2002 Gold

XP:
    20,932xp
    Truth...my friend ;|
    charman305 likes this.
  4. Robobot1747 Regular Member

XP:
    27,084xp
    The irony is that they posted on the sticky "these classes will not be nerfed, stop asking" and then they nerfed them. Just proves, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
  5. _Charman Obsidian

XP:
    45,396xp
    Agreed. With enough people, the ragers and noobs can run the community.
    ExpertDash, vibrava4444 and kjean07 like this.
  6. NinjaTinklePower Regular Member

XP:
    4,862xp
    If you check my original thread, I never said anything about the health going up and above 75, laser wanted it that way. It didn't go as planned but I still am grateful for it anyway.
  7. Manguala Platinum

XP:
    23,636xp
    3 seconds extra to deal with handymanned hp isn't OP.
  8. Assef Platinum

XP:
    440,969xp
    I think what you REALLY miss is not the community or game itself, but the days when you were still new to the game. Back then, there was so much to explore and learn - but now, there's nothing new for you.

Trust me, it's the same reason that I quit. Annihilation just doesn't have that old magic that it had in late 2013. Back then we were all pretty experienced players, but there was still so much more to do, so much to work for, so many goals. But now, we've tried everything, experienced everything, and learned everything - There's nothing left to do.

The same situation relates to normal minecraft. Most of the old players feel nostalgic about old versions, but in reality, they loved the time of exploration. Figuring out new crafting recipes, building new structures, or killing new enemies. I never play singleplayer, well, because there is nothing exiting about it anymore... And that's the same for annihilation.

To make this all simpler, we have basically worn out anni. We've beaten it and beaten it, and now it's finally dead for us. There is nothing left to get out of it. Nothing to work for, no other goals.

I think a lot of old players who quit know what I'm talking about.
    Madsci, itsRipper, 1chickenr and 19 others like this.
  9. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    This is what happens when you put HighlifeTTU and Lazertester in charge of Annihilation for a day........this is why we need Saunders :lmao:
  10. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    I think it got out of the limits when they decided to nerf Berserker, BERSERKER. None ever complained about Berserker, you started with 7 hearts, it was balanced to get up to 15, skilled players could do the job! But now, its still good, yet it became easier for noobs to leather rush. I have seen plenty of people expecting to see the classes make a big difference just by leather rushing, instead of getting gear to fight other geared players and see their advantage be a big help.

If you want to make the game slow and boring, nerf it all. If you want to make it fast and fun, buff it all.
  11. Robobot1747 Regular Member

XP:
    27,084xp
    That's very deep... I quit because of all the idiots.
  12. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp

Want me to do the same thing i did about the whole Wasted thing?
    Auranova11 likes this.
  13. BaseBob2627 Platinum

XP:
    6,261xp
    Strength nerf = YES THANK GOD
    But the way they nerf ... NO..
    Str 1 shouldnt have been delayed, neither strength two.. But delaying the time on the splash on str 2.. I dont even know what Im trying to say
    But they nerfed the wrong thing about strength. Now games just last longer, instead of giving you a better chance to defend, clans get a longer time to get OP
    epicw123finder, alduma and Conner526 like this.
  14. BaseBob2627 Platinum

XP:
    6,261xp
    What? Complain about how developers arent doing anything to the gamemode? Good idea (sarcasm)

How about no.
  15. clownman21 Gold

XP:
    11,721xp
    Or? you maybe have lost that urge to play! The reason I play is to get that next class! Maybe you just full out bought every class in a second. The Xp is what drives me and the fact that every game is different. Another thing is defense is So boring which is what needs to be fixed. I defend hoping that my team will get me xp by taking out a nexus but instead they farm at mid which does not benefit me in any way but as soon I leave the nexus we drop to like 8 nexus and I get yelled at. This "Team" thing going on does not benefit the real MVP's. (Will insert meme)
  16. deathbucket Silver

XP:
    33,039xp
    Couldn't agree more.
    charman305 likes this.
  17. MangoSmoothies Emerald

XP:
    489,769xp
    ikr less fucking classes, more content.
    SoulOfCookies and charman305 like this.
  18. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Says the man who has 16 classes :confused:
  19. _Charman Obsidian

XP:
    45,396xp
    Again, as I said, good idea, but the way it was implemented didn't work.
  20. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Again, like I said this is why we don't put Highlife and Lazer in charge of Annihilation for a day :3
    epicw123finder likes this.