1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Processor for gaming PC (Need opinions)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ImEvan_, Mar 18, 2014.

Processor for gaming PC (Need opinions)
  1. ImEvan_ Gold

XP:
    11,076xp
    I built my own PC in the summer and bought an AMD FX-6100 ( 6-cores, 3.30GHz).
    It's worked great and all but I want an upgrade. I'm thinking about getting an AMD FX-9370 or AMD FX-8360. But I'm also debating whether to get the Intel i5 4670k? I just want a processor which would be best for minecraft. Any ideas or input? I have 500$ to spend

2. Doetinchem Regular Member

XP:
    11,153xp
    For particular Minecraft there is not need a massive CPU. But if u like to upgrade u should take a i5 4670k or i7 4770k. They are really powerfull. They are unlocked thats what the K stands for. So the speed of your processor depends on the motherboard. $500 for a processor is pretty much. I think its not the CPU that u need to upgrade. What kind of graphic card do u have and how much RAM.
  3. ImEvan_ Gold

XP:
    11,076xp
    My GPU is an Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost (2GB)
    And I have 8GB of Kingston HyperX blue ram
  4. ImEvan_ Gold

XP:
    11,076xp
    And minecraft is more CPU intensive than GPU, it runs off of 1 core of the processor, the AMD has a faster clock speed but the intel is more powerful
  5. Doetinchem Regular Member

XP:
    11,153xp
    Thats not that bad! But u dont need anything to run Minecraft smoother / better. If u want a upgrade just go for one of the Intel processors is send you. They are from the Haswell generation. You AMD is a 6 core. Those Intels are Quad (4) cores. Still these days games supports only 4 cores at a time. Processors with 6 / 8 / 12 / 16 are the best when it comes on video rendering. Intel is really powerful with those quads. For gaming go for one of the Intel.