1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Video Canyon Defense - (How to Defend on Canyons - The Movie).

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, Jan 6, 2014.

Video - Canyon Defense - (How to Defend on Canyons - The Movie). | Page 2
  1. Yes_Edd Silver

XP:
    15,656xp
    Hmm.. Runescape 2007 music?

2. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Nope! Check the descrpition of the video over on Youtube for that :)

(Plus I could not use RS07 music without Jagex's permission with I somehow doubt they would grant...).
  3. codemax5 Regular Member

XP:
    4,614xp
    LOL GIEZ

1:30 "ur a hacker" - from a blue diamond who got shot off void

LOL LOL ROFL at the rage

FYI UR SOO PROOO SWEG
    Murgatron likes this.
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

No quite. He is an old clan member who I know very well. He was talking about someone else :wink:
    codemax5 likes this.
  5. ezoomer Regular Member

XP:
    8,613xp
    Awsome
    Murgatron likes this.
  6. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Thank you! I have a new video coming up shortly :D
  7. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
  8. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
  9. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    canyons thing i made :3
  10. Aeriform Regular Member

XP:
    14,105xp
    Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on the epic defence and defending. It was very well built.

Of course, as a nexus attacker I can pick out the faults for you (which there aren't many), just for improvement.

Did you guys have a well equipped, alert nexus guard with strength potions spam-clicking on the stairs? Or even a guard?

It's extraordinarily easy to get past any defence no matter what you do to it with Acro + Invis. That invisible guy in the water made his mistake by pressing space. Anyways, just get a god pick, an invisibility potions and Acro, and when you get to the base jump around the wall by going into the void and double jumping there. Then, enter the nexus and mine away to your heart's content. If there's a guard there, you could always bring some iron/diamond and a strength potion, and take him out then mine the nexus. Really the only way to counter this is through the kind of hard-to-find guard shown above.

I hope this was constrictive criticism for you, awesome job!
    Murgatron likes this.
  11. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Thank you! No wall will ever keep out all the attackers, as you mentioned acrobats are a triccky to counter with a wall (I know all the flaws of my designs but to counter all of them would take alot of time o_O). I was playing solo that game so I was unable to organise anyone to be guarding the nexus :( Otherwise we often have a spy on duty.
  12. Aeriform Regular Member

XP:
    14,105xp
    I feel like we're exact opposites, because I actually made a nexus raiding guide that was extremely comprehensive and very popular, but then I stopped updating it, even though it was huge. One day, my friend, one day I will update it again.
    Murgatron likes this.
  13. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Yin and Yang :wink: I do like nexus raiding as well though :stuck_out_tongue:
  14. TreyTehRedstoner Platinum

XP:
    38,203xp
    A way to counter the Acro-jumping-from-the-void thing would be to bring out the ends of the walls a few blocks, then on the edge of the world, make a wall there so they can't just jump around it. Also, maybe putting wooden half-slabs around the edge of the water on the outside would help, to keep those pesky diamonds from crawling back up to annoy you, and keep you from wasting arrows. Anyways, very nice defense, epic video! Can't wait for more. :3
    Murgatron likes this.
  15. OmicronXenophon Regular Member

XP:
    57,486xp
    Luv it but 1 kill ;/
  16. TreyTehRedstoner Platinum

XP:
    38,203xp
    It's not really about the kills, only about defending. That and it's pretty hard to kill people with only a punch 1 Bow. :/
    Murgatron likes this.
  17. OmicronXenophon Regular Member

XP:
    57,486xp
    Oh i didnt noticed it was punch one
  18. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Whatdayamean?! I GOT 2!!! :stuck_out_tongue: Plus a bunch of assists :lmao:

As said though, the point of defense was not to kill but to delay the attackers while the re spawning leather army took them out :D
  19. OmicronXenophon Regular Member

XP:
    57,486xp
    I dont understand what you did with making the water go down did you dig 1 block down on the whole hill beacause the melons where floating? When i did that the melons where not floating.
  20. kilqax Regular Member

XP:
    12,618xp
    Did you see that poor derp at 3:25? Murg misses him and then the guy shoots murg and hits, but after just jumps down and dies...
    Murgatron likes this.