1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Super Wasted Thread (All My Thoughts)

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by albedor, Jan 16, 2014.

Discussion - Super Wasted Thread (All My Thoughts)
?

Please refer to answers for question.

Mech: Friendly fire power reduction 12 vote(s) 63.2%
Mech: No friendly fire power reduction 3 vote(s) 15.8%
Vehichles: Able to jump 13 vote(s) 68.4%
Vehichles: Not able to jump 6 vote(s) 31.6%
Hunger: Better food 15 vote(s) 78.9%
Hunger: Same food 3 vote(s) 15.8%
Time Limit: Both 10 vote(s) 52.6%
Time Limit: None 3 vote(s) 15.8%
Time Limit: Drop Zones 3 vote(s) 15.8%
Time Limit: Final Objective 6 vote(s) 31.6%
Jet Pack: Removal 8 vote(s) 42.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. albedor Regular Member

XP:
    52,307xp
    This thread is all my previous threads put together, plus some new ones. I am doing this because i am reducing space for more people to put their discussions. Mine were clogging the system. So here are ALL my thoughts about wasted.

Mechs: Is friendly fire too deadly?
    The mechs in wasted are cool and all, but when it comes to fighting alongside team mates, they suck. If even a single bullet hits one of your team mates, its game over for you and your mech. All of your stuff disapears and so does your mech. I think that a mech's friendly fire power should only bring you down to 3-5 hearts max. This would decrease the chance of dying because of team mates.

Vehichles: Should a vehichle with jumping abilities be added?
    Here is one of my pet peeves: when you get to a mountain, and you have to get on top, and you have a vehicle with tons of buildings in it, you can't. The vehichles have never been able to jump (except for horses, in the era "Dead Wasted"), but there should be at least one vehichle (or all of them) that should be able to jump like horses. This would make travel a lot easier, and getting over mountains easier as well. But the vehichles should only be able to jump 2 blocks high. That way, they can't jump over into someones base.

Hunger: Better food?
    I can't remember how many times i would run out of bread because the new 1.7.4 saturation sucked. It makes it near impossible to travel far distances without having to eat every 15 seconds. I had to eat 3 pieces of bread in 3 minutes just to keep full. I think that either A.) Bread should be replaced by cooked pork chops, or B.) A potion effect should be added that keeps your hunger saturation 2 times as full.

Time Limits On Drop Zone And Final Objective: Too long?
    When the final objective comes around, it usually gives a time limit of 45 minutes. But, if no one captures it in those 45 minutes (which usually happens), the time limit RESETS back to 1 HOUR. This makes it near impossible for the final objective to end. I think that the final objective takes 25 minutes, and if no one captures it, it resets to 20 muntes, and if no one captures it THEN, the game ends and resets. Same with drop zones. Someone is just about to capture it, but then a jet packer comes and kills him. Then he camps the drop zone for the whole time for free kills, and the objective never clears. I think drop zones should have a objective time limit for 25 minutes. If it isn't secured by then, the objective ends.

Jetpacks: To OP?
    Oh boy jetpacks. They are fun to use and deadly to fight. But i say, "Aren't they to op?". I think the answer is yes. In the old wasted (before dead wasted), it was all about making bases, and capturing other bases. Not trying to get 5 jetpacks and full kevlar armour. Jet packs are the only remaining thing that makes wasted so hard to compete with. Now, if you make a base, a jet packer flies over it and shoots you from above. If you have a mech, they just 2 shot it with a rocket launcher. I think jet packs should either be A.) Removed (maybe along with mechs) or B.) Be severly nerfed (such as you not being able to shoot while flying, or that you can only have 1 jetpack in your inventory at a time). These items are the only thing preventing the good old wasted days.

Thats it for this thread. I might post another giant thread later after I evaluate the game alot more. I will also post a list of helpful tips to help you pull through the game. Thanks for reading. Please leave some votes, a comment or 2 and tell me what you think. Bye :D.

2. albedor Regular Member

XP:
    52,307xp
    Whoops sorry :lmao:. Forgot to put the choices "Jetpack: Debuff" & "Jetpack: No changes". Please tell me what you would of voted for in the comments below. Please only vote once in each catergory (Mechs, Vehichles, Hunger, Time Limit, and Jetpacks). Thanks :D
  3. Boburt314 Regular Member

XP:
    25,732xp
    If you want to get over rough terrain, get a jetpack or buy Spec Ops.
  4. albedor Regular Member

XP:
    52,307xp
    Yes, but using spec ops for that purpose only would be kind of a waste, don't you think?
  5. Boburt314 Regular Member

XP:
    25,732xp
    The point of Spec Ops is transportation. You can also infiltrate "secure" areas and get up to snipers and stuff. Great class :wink:
  6. MangoSmoothies Emerald

XP:
    489,769xp
    You listened to me! :D Nice suggestions.
    It's a lot easier for peeps to see everything you think would be a nice addition.
  7. Razorblaze747 Regular Member

XP:
    21,939xp
    Mechs
    Should only reduce to 2 hearts but if u git the teammate with a RL u immediately die and so does the teammate. This gives a balance in battles against a team with a mech. They have risks while you Have to fight a mech.
    Vehicles
    Only motorcycles and all terrain should be able to jump but like you said only 2 blocks high so no jump through the base stuff.
    Food
    I agree either stack bread up to 5 and make it easier to find. Or put cooked steak or pork in its place i have the same problem with travelin and raiding bases i never am able to stay complete hunger during a base raid which makes me vulnerable.
    Limt for objectives
    Dz's 25 min. Stay time and how about when the dz is over and chest fall the person who held the dz should get some type of protection so campers cant come and loot you when the thing is over.
    Final objective stay for 30 min. And if no one gets it it starts over fer 30 min. And still they dont get it. It will just restart.
    Jet packs
    I liek them but being able to not shoot while in one would make it hard for me to raid bases. But ill give it up if they do it i agree for making that nerf and making it to only hold 1 jetpack at a time. Or maybe where it can only be refueld say 10-15 times.
  8. albedor Regular Member

XP:
    52,307xp
    Yah boburt i guess thats true. But what if you need to carry tons of buildings to a drop zone or somewhere? You can only carry 1 at a time, while a vehchle would make it easier. Yes kjean07 :D. I thought your advice was a very good idea. So now im only doing 1 giant threads, not multiple small ones. And razor, your advice is also good. I still think that mech friendly fire power should only make you go down to 5 hearts
  9. Lord_Haakon Platinum

XP:
    132,483xp
    They need to un-Nerf and buff bread... I have a feeling lazer stole some MineZ code for bread stacking when he was reprogramming Wasted :3 but due to hunger nerfs it should definitely go back up to 4, if not 5.

And just remove jetpacks! They ruin gameplay for everyone who doesn't have one!
  10. albedor Regular Member

XP:
    52,307xp
    Lord_Haakon I agree. Jetpacks are annoying and food is too
  11. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Lol no one understands the final objective glitch. If it goes back to 50:00 minutes then the first person to pick it up will end the game. It is just what happens when the timer gets to 0. but if the diamond despawns from someone not holding it for long enough... well then... you get the idea.
  12. Razorblaze747 Regular Member

XP:
    21,939xp
    Food is annoying but jpers and jp are not i use then but only for base raids and transportation never camping or kill streaks.
    P.S. im not a good flyer ive died by falling ran into a building the falling and once shooting a rocket in mid air which caused me to fall so i think there kinda suicidal for me but u ahbe to be good to operate one
  13. Razorblaze747 Regular Member

XP:
    21,939xp
    But if you were a noob fighting with a team who had no.mech and yal are fighting a mech with a team you would want teamkilling to count for your advantage.
    But if you were not a noob and you had the team with a mech to would want it only to ruduce at 5 hearts for your advantage.
    Theres no win win so jut get the middle rocket insta death and machine gun to 2-3 hearts.
  14. albedor Regular Member

XP:
    52,307xp
    Still, if the other team has a mech and you don't, its your own fault for not getting one. Maybe instead friendly fire brings a mech down too 300 health?
  15. albedor Regular Member

XP:
    52,307xp
    Oh diezel i didnt know that. i thought it took another 50 minutes
  16. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    lol yea at first i thought that but then some guy grabbed and it just reset.
  17. kyogyu Regular Member

XP:
    9,676xp
    Excuse me? Are you calling Isramine a "Guy"?
    WHY LEEDLETHEO WHY
  18. Nether_x3 Regular Member

XP:
    6,730xp
    Good points you put there.
    Gotta say though, I am honestly perfectly fine with the current fuds(even though the fact that I only have 3 per stack confuses me....) , that may be though because I literally only use the Mosin which doesn't require much Ammo, leaving me extra space for food stuffs. Also, you can break watermelon blocks for fuds ;o
    About the Jetpack removal, I totally agree. It is a pain in the arse when 6 Jetpackers and their alts stuffed with JPs join one server, team up and just hold down large areas like the complete coast line between City 17 and Mona. It is absolutely pointless and in my opinion way too easy to obtain, as Jetpacks only cost $3000, which, for a skilled player on a full server shouldn't take that long to obtain.
    They were meant to be a replacement for helicopters from the Wasteland mod I think. though, Helicopters offer multiple seats and not just one person, but the whole team benefit from it. So maybe put in a Heli-crash objective where a mechanic can repair a crashed heli with 6 seats(2 gunners, duh) that would give the team that currently has it a huge advantage. You feel me?
  19. CitizenErased_ Regular Member

XP:
    31,677xp
    What if... LAZER MADE A SEPARATE SEVER THAT HAS NO JPS AND MECHS! It would like a public test pilot. If it succeeds then keep it and maybe add more servers. If not then well... fuck you all. :)
    ultislasher1 and xBlack_Knightx like this.
  20. Blackkles Platinum

XP:
    42,310xp
    That's what I'm talkin' about:) Just a Server to play without ANY jpers. The jpers can go fight themselves on a special server if they want to.