Hey Shotbow! Welcome to the May 2021 edition of Dentril's New Moon, our monthly newsletter here at Shotbow. I'm your host, Mistri, and I'll be guiding you through this month's updates. Let's get started!
This month, Annihilation released an awesome Easter update, Lean Hassium.
Also, we have posted multiple Community Clan Wars on our YouTube channel. You can check out the matches at the following links: #43, #44, #45.
MineZ released some awesome new content updates this month: Spring Cleaning and The Challenger Update. In addition, the newest member of the Film Crew, SealClubber, released videos detailing changes in these updates: 3.9.1 / 3.9.2, 3.11.0.
Slaughter released a massive update: Slaughter 1.2. It contains a ton of new content changes, including new mobs, new items, bugfixes, and tons more. Check out the full changelog here.
The SMASH ranked season is on hold for the next few weeks while we work on some changes for an upcoming update. Expect to see it back soon!
Network in General
- Smartzz joined the MineZ Mini Admin team
- A total of 99,904,651 XP was earned by players this month
- There were 717 players banned in the last month
- This month we achieved a peak playercount of 364 on April 1
We are releasing another round of updates to further enhance your MineZ experience. We're pleased to present you with quite a sizable amount of content through our Spring Cleaning efforts. Read on to get the full scoop!
A new challenger appears...
You all know of the Giant Zombie by now. They are one of the few boss monsters you can find roaming the dried up lakes in the north. When roaming these lands, you may hear rumbles and a distant roar now...
There is a brand new Giant you can find exclusively at Giant's Camp on public servers! This foe is not for the faint of heart. We recommend bringing a few friends to take on this baleful beast. If you do manage to slay it you will be graced with some new and unique loot, which no doubt will shake up the meta.
If you hear this beast roar in the distance, you should get over to Giant's Camp and take it on!
With this update, we are bringing you three overhauls to existing legendary weapons, as well as some quality of life improvements to a few others. We plan to continue working on a few more of these special items throughout the remainder of April, so look forward to that!
Venom Bow suffered the same uninspired and realistically, quite poor legendary design of old. Previously, you would shoot someone and have a chance to inflict them with a short dose of poison. Not very interesting...
Now, the legendary weapon does the following:
- Shooting players will now stack marks, which is essentially a scaling number for each shot you successfully land on your target.
- Within 10 seconds of your last shot, you can left click Venom Bow to detonate your applied marks, dealing half a heart of damage each. You can stack up to 8 marks on a single target, adding up to a whopping 4 hearts of damage!
- Deals Power 1 damage at base.
Another legendary weapon that was underwhelming was Night's Shadow. To theme with the night, we're adding a relatively under utilized effect into MineZ, and one that you have full control over!
- Right click to gain Wither Strike, which will then allow you to inflict Wither I on your target for a few seconds. Deceive your opponents with darkened hearts, and combo them back to spawn!
Not to worry all of you Flail (ab)users! We didn't change any of the mechanics surrounding this weapon, but simply injected further clarity into it to hopefully better inform your next decisions in the middle of battle.
- When PVP Tagged and holding the flail, you will emit particles. These particles will grow more intense the lower your health is.
- As a refresher, Flail deals increasing damage the lower your health is. These particles exist to both tell you (and your opponent) how deadly the weapon is at the moment!
There were several other minor Legendary changes that are not included on this thread, but please take a look at the extensive MineZ Changelog for all of the specific details!
This update is targeted at those who have experienced the shortcomings of the looting in MineZ first-hand. This update does not fix the problem, but rather serves as the building block for further changes to gearing up in MineZ.
Some locations have seen significant changes to the loot tables, as well as some overall fixes to potion chests! I also hear there's something new to be found in civilian and potion chests...
If you've ever had the experience of walking into the Zerbia Depths loot room, you may have found yourself underwhelmed with some of the loot in their hoard.
Whispers in the ocean winds has alluded to these undead pirates having salvaged new treasures...If you dare enter into their domain and fight, parkour, and challenge yourself, you just might find brand new goodies for your trouble!
A few updates ago, we made quite a few changes to PVP, and some of them were a bit too drastic. We've lowered base sword damage, and we are exploring further changes over the next few weeks.
Instance Overhaul Update
Officially released on April 14th, the Instance Overhaul is upon us! Now whenever you enter a dungeon, you will be sent to a different MineZ server where you can take on the dungeon. We've been hard at work optimizing this system since release.
However, this update takes full advantage of instance update because of the following minor adjustment...
Main World View Distance
MineZ for the longest time has worked off of a 4 chunk view distance. It was hard to appreciate the landscape and chase opponents in PVP. While this isn't a large increase, we're going to be monitoring performance to see if we can go even higher or not.
With that being said, we have increased the view distance from 4 to 6 chunks! This is quite a large change, and you have to just log into MineZ and experience the difference!
More on the horizon...
There is quite a lot of content packed into this update. We've got a little bit more planned to release this month and then work will begin on the next few big projects.
We know there are a few other projects that we've teased before, and our hope is to slowly deliver them over the summer.
This summer is shaping up to be quite exciting for MineZ content, so stay tuned!
Thanks for flying Shotbow!
~ The MineZ Team ~
Your favorite Slaughter developer is back with another major update!
- New Main Lobby by Tannatron.
- New Door Animation.
- Sidebar shows more information.
- Tab menu displays game name.
- Redesigned the Game Browser.
- Added Easy and Hard difficulty modes.
- Added new map: Isolation.
- Reworked XP reward system.
- Complete Enemy Overhaul:
- Mobs can now target you across the map.
- New spawn animation.
- New death animation.
- Now drop gold on the ground.
- Chickens die in a single hit.
- Cows move extremely slowly, hit much harder, and are immune to knockback
- Spiders now jump around like mad and can no longer climb walls (for real this time!).
- Added Foxes as a counterpart to Wolves.
- Skeletons no longer strafe excessively.
- Creeper Chickens are back!
- Endermen no longer teleport, but instead teleport you.
- Added Poisonous Spiders.
- Added Husks.
- Added Drowned.
- Added Wither Skeletons.
- Added Strays.
- Added Crazed Creepers.
- Added Infected Hosts.
- Complete Item Overhaul:
- Renamed most items.
- Removed Strength Draughts
- Removed Healing Splash
- Added Large Hammer
- Added Good Point
- Added Sweet Nectar
- Added Restorative Draughts
- Added Plasmic Shield
- Added Diamond Armor
- Added Forsaken Edge
- Added Soul of Slaughter
- Reworked Notched Bow
- Reworked Skull Crusher
Let me know what you think, and if you have any bugs to report or ideas to suggest, feel free to let me know in the Slaughter channel on Discord and I'll be sure to take a look!
Thanks for flying Shotbow!
Page 2 of 180