We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.
At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
Map Rotation is back!
After much planning and testing we are excited to announce that Map Rotation is finally back! Get ready to play some brand new maps, as well as some of your old favorites like Collis and AnniZ!
I’d like to start by saying thank you to everyone that submitted new maps, helped test them in the sandbox and provided feedback on the forums. You are the reason this has been possible.
What we have done in preparation
As part of our preparations we reviewed all map submissions, both past and present. Maps that showed potential were added to the Sandbox and a great number of them are now either set-up or in the process of being set up.
In addition, three favorites have had a “do-over” in the form of both quality-of-life and aesthetic changes, they are; Re-Cherokee, Re-Canyon and Re-Villages. These re-worked versions will replace their original counterparts for the first month of rotation to gauge community feedback. It will be up to you to decide whether they should replace the originals.
*(Credit to our talented mini builder Yadkari for Re-Canyon and Re-Villages)
The new Map Rotation schedule
As part of the new Map Rotation schedule the total number of maps in rotation will be reduced from 20 to 15 (this number may vary due to seasonal maps), fewer maps means an increased chance your favorite map will coming up in a voting.
Maps are divided into categories (or tiers). A map’s popularity will determine which tier it is placed in, which in turn determines when and how often it is rotated. Map Rotation will take place on a monthly basis. The in-game voting system will be used to rate map popularity so be sure to cast your vote!
The tier system
- Tier 1 - Coastal (the original and all-time favorite Anni map) – always in rotation (unless replaced by its seasonal variants: Ghostal & Hohohostal)
- Tier 2 - The six most popular and most frequently played maps – initially determined by us, but will in future be determined by the community via the in-game rating system and forum feedback. Divided into two groups of 3 that alternate every month
- Tier 3 - All other playable maps that don't belong to another Tier – will be decided each month by a randomizer (tier 3 maps from the previous rotation will be excluded)
- Tier 4 - All new maps that have gone through initial play-testing in the Sandbox – 1 new map to be introduced every month (pending availability)
- Tier 5 - Seasonal Maps – such as Spookdrasil and Wintertide
- Tier 6 - Maps that need fixing – either because they are extremely unpopular or have game play issues
We need your ongoing help! This is what you can do:
- Make a map and submit it on the forums! You can submit as many maps as you like, but remember quality over quantity. See link for requirements.
- Use the in-game voting system. When your team dies you will be given an option in chat to rate the map from 1-5 (5 being the best rating), simply click on a number and your rating will be registered. If you don’t want to wait you can also vote at any time by using the /ratemap [1-5] command. You only need to vote once for any given map, the system will remember your rating. If you should change your mind, you can vote again and your rating will be updated.
- Attend Sandbox Map-Tests
- Leave constructive feedback
The map line-up for the first rotation will be as follows. To kick things off we are including two new maps instead of one! Pokatoto & Stonehaven. For this month only the rotation will include the new rebuild series (Re-Cherokee, Re-Canyon & Re-Villages) which will be replacing their Tier 2 counterparts. It is up to you to decide if they should permanently replace the original maps, so be sure to let us know what you think!
- Hohohoastal (Tier 5)
- Wintertide (Tier 5)
- Recanyon (Tier 2)
- Recherokee (Tier 2)
- Revillages (Tier 2)
- Pokotato (Tier 4)
- Stonehaven (Tier 4)
- Yggdrasil (Tier 3)
- Solumque (Tier 3)
- Castles (Tier 3)
- Thallos (Tier 3)
- Temples (Tier 3)
- Kingdom (Tier 3)
- AnniZ (Tier 3)
- Alpine (Tier 3)
- Highnorth (Tier 3)
- Cavern (Tier 3)
We hope that this new schedule will change up game-play and bring some much needed variety to Annihilation. At this stage nothing is set in stone and both timeline and specifics are subject to change. We hope you are as excited about this as we are, and we look forward to your feedback!
Thank you for your help and support to make Annihilation the best it can be.
Greetings! If you don't know me, my name is Mistri and I'll be your host for this month's edition of Dentril's New Moon.
Gaeilge, Português do Brasil, Français and Slovensky translations of the rules were added to the rules page.
We released a major combat update which can be found here.
Work on PTR has continued and many bugs have been fixed. Work on Origins Part 2 has continued. As a reminder, the full PTR update changelog can be found here. We also have a thread for you to report bugs and suggest features, which can be found here.
The 2018 Fall season is in session, so rack up that ELO quickly before it's over! The current standings are:
- 1st - zaco123 (1126)
- 2nd - Jiren_ (1099)
- 3rd - mattu34 (1082)
MTA Leaderboards for November 2018
- 1st - Famicoro KDR: 70:1 (70.0)
- 2nd - nabe4975 KDR: 17:1 (17.0)
- 3rd - clover0321 KDR: 16:0 (16.0)
- 1st - RGC Arrests: 56.0
- 2nd - TitusX_MC Arrests: 37.0
- 3rd - Mar1ne Arrests: 13.0
- 1st - _C0met Experience gained: 30679.0
- 2nd - _LoveNeko_ Experience gained: 28748.0
- 3rd - ri0_FireType Experience gained: 25878.0
- 1st - IllumiXatu Minigames won: 14.0
- 2nd - zelda_fan Minigames won: 11.0
- 3rd - Androxus19 Minigames won: 10.0
- Mistri and dLeMoNb were promoted to Full Admin
- A total of 107,701,369 XP was earned by players this month
- There were 2,834 players banned in the last month
- This month, we reached a peak playercount of 425 on November 25
What is it?
Our developers have been working for months on end to completely redesign the core vanilla system of 1.9 PvP from the ground up to mimic the exact feel of 1.7 PvP with improved hit detection. Having personally tried it out myself, I'll have to say it feels amazing to have the good old 1.7 PvP feeling in 1.9, and I can't wait for all of you to try it out.
We've fixed various problems such as hits not being registered and not being able to combo people during fights. Some changes include:
- You now take more knockback and can easily be combo'd to the air.
- Picking up items on the ground no longer cancels your item consumption (drinking or eating).
- Your hits will register after you quickly switch items in your hotbar slots.
We're happy to announce that this will be rolling live just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States:
Is this final?
We are rolling this to the live servers, however we will continue adjusting and fine-tuning the values to mimic 1.7 PvP as best as we can. This means that what you see on Anni will be close to final, but there may be slight adjustments to the feel of the PvP. Once it's released, we'd be happy to hear what you think about it, so please let us know on this thread!
We hope to see you all at the release, and we hope you're as excited for this as we are. Thanks for flying Shotbow.