At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
We are looking for people to help with the future development of MTA to keep the gamemode thriving into the future!
You will need the following knowledge:
- Confident programming in the Java programming language (Essential)
- Familiarity with the bukkit/spigot API (Preferred)
- Knowledge of using 'git' for collaborating on code projects (Preferred)
- Understanding of essential object oriented programming concepts and have the ability to demonstrate appropriate use of them (Essential)
- Knowledge of concurrency, especially within Java - Threads, 'synchronized' keyword, 'volatile' keyword, (Preferred)
- Basic appreciation for how java manages computer memory - so that code can be written that doesn't contain memory leaks (Preferred)
- Familiarity with the Mine Theft Auto game (Preferred)
- Good team working skills
This will depend largely on the quality of your application, but your role will be to help work on new code for the game and to keep the existing code updated and working where/when it is required. You will have a fair bit of creative freedom in this role. You will be assisted by storm345 (Me) and, depending on your ability, changes may initially each be reviewed by storm345 (me) before being pushed to production servers through pull-requests.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
All applicants will need to submit their application via a direct message to storm345 (me) on the forums (this website). Don't be discouraged if there are one or two skills listed above you do not have as things can be explained to you as required. Applications should contain the following:
- An overview of who you are and your programming ability and experience
- An overview of the related skills you have or do not have, especially those listed above
- A link to source code that you have written to be reviewed by storm345 to assess your programming ability and it's suitability for working on MTA
As some of you may know, SMASH has been around for more than 5 years and since then we've had a reasonable supply of player-made maps. However, with exciting plans ahead for the future of SMASH we've found ourselves in need of a number of maps to add to the game with the next update to replace the old ones. These could be completely new maps or perhaps revised or improved versions of the old maps. Take into account that changing a few blocks won't qualify as revision.
In addition to player-made maps, we'll eventually look at having our resident buildteam create some additional maps.
The objective is simple, make a map as pretty and cool as you can. When building your map, please follow the SMASH map building guidelines:
- Average of 50x50 dimensions - Feel free to play around with the size depending on the amount of players you want your map to house, but don't overdo it;
- Make sure there is a lobby box - Or I will make a very ugly one;
- Mark item- and playerspawns - Please mark playerspawns with iron blocks and itemspawns with gold blocks. Take into account that the amount of iron blocks you place down determine the amount of slots your map will have;
- Note whether you want to be listed as creator of the map;
- Don't use excessive amounts of lava or water - SMASH is a fast paced game and FPS lag can be very interfering with the gameplay of people with toaster PC's.
- Post your build submission in the appropriate board;
- Mention that the map is for the contest in your thread;
- Only 1 submission per player;
- Should a map be built by multiple people, either 1 of them gets the full reward or the reward gets divived between the participants.
I figured this absolutely would not work unless there is a fair reward for your efforts. Therefore there are rewards for the 3 maps that come out on top. The winning maps will be decided by a community vote. The rewards entail:
- 1st Place: 50000 Shotbow XP
- 2nd Place: 35000 Shotbow XP
- 3rd Place: 20000 Shotbow XP
If your submission doesn't make it into the top 3, you will not receive a prize. However your map will be considered for addition to the game.
Submissions can be sent in until September 20th
Good luck to all!
Welcome to this month's edition of Dentril's New Moon. I'm your host, Mistri, and I'm so glad to have you!
You may or may not have noticed that we don't have a letter from the co-lead or a development corner this month — this is because Navarr is on temporary leave due to personal issues. We wish him the best and hope he's back soon!
The Shotbow Summer Festival took place last weekend, featuring a new lobby, an XP code, and a returning map "Feastal"!
In addition, the development team has been working hard to mitigate the lag that some users may have been experiencing during games.
Work has continued on Origins Part 2, as well as some development that improves gameplay experience.
The 2018 Summer season is in session, so rack up that ELO quickly before it's over! The current standings are:
- 1st - Acstes (1176)
- 2nd - acoo398 (1144)
- 3rd - Sonicboom_ (1139)
- Red_Epicness joined the team as a Junior Developer
- Mistri joined the Annihilation Mini Admin Team
- ACrispyTortilla joined the MineZ Mini Admin Team
- PokeTheEye joined the Art Team
- A total of 61,658,933 XP was earned by players this month
- There were 2,923 players banned in the last month
- This month we achieved a peak playercount of 476 on August 2
What can I do?
Play on Shotbow, invite your friends, and invite their friends! Make friends and invite them to Shotbow! Spread the word about our amazing games, and in return we'll work as hard as we can to make your experience the best it can possibly be.
With that, I bid you farewell. I'm your host, Mistri. Please let us know what you think about the New Moon in the comments. Thanks for flying Shotbow!