At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
I felt it was time to start doing some feedback threads. Given that Wasted is a sandbox game and there are do many different ways to play, I thought it was important to get an official feedback thread going every couple of weeks to discuss the recent changes, how people are playing the game, pain points, and any bug we may have missed or introduced with changes.
Since this is the first post, feel free to give your thoughts on Wasted as a whole. However, in future posts it will be nice to have commentary shaped around recent changes as to help shape our development focus.
Some things we've done this last week:
- The servers are now fairly stable. There is a bit more work to be done, but from what I can tell all servers stay at a consistent tick rate at all times. More proxies are needed at peak time, but I will be adding these very soon. A reminder, if you are experiencing lag in a Wasted server please make note of which server it was and post it to this forum. I can investigate that particular server and ensure it is improved.
- Team killing changes were made to add a reduction in the person taking damage and the ability for the person taking damage to take revenge without penalty. It is also planned that our current ban system will be expanded to a global ban on all wasted servers, so that trolls cannot just hop from server to server. I personally would like to see harsher punishments, but those punishments being dictated by a player typing /punish. Basically, you would see an increasing ban based on the number of punishes you've accrued over the past 14 days. If you reach a certain point, you are removed for a week or forced independent until a certain point.
- Added Level III Kevlar. A new item to give some extra life to a player who has survived a bit. Based on feedback on this item I will decide whether to leave it in the shop. If it is too powerful, I won't even think about Level IV Kevlar. Please provide feedback.
- Fixed the mech-respawning-in-spawn bug. Expect to see the mech return in objectives soon now that it is fixed.
- Are you enjoying Wasted? Do you enjoy it more or less after the latest updates?
- What is currently your favorite thing to do?
- What about the game are you unhappy with? What would you change if you were in my shoes?
- What major bugs have you found that have not been fixed as of the date of this post?
By modifying them very subtly, I have added a way to parkour up to the top of the big trees on the map. If you manage to reach the higher bushes you'll find a chest containing Healing Potions. Don't expect to find a crazy number of potions, or to find the chest on every tree - is just something to make some of the bigger ones more interesting.
I personally tested all of them myself and I can assure that there is at least one legit way to the top. You can use the grapple if you want, as well, but is not mandatory in order to reach the tops.
Be warned, you will get team killed and team kill a lot when you first play. However, you will notice that everyone quickly learns how to identify teammates inside of the game. This should help players learn how to use the various weapons, and also learn how to identify teammates inside of regular Wasted. This will be an excellent training mode for new players.
Other features include a new spectating mode, where you spectate the player that killed you on death for the five seconds before you re-spawn back into the map.
Right now it is in Alpha and is only open to our platinum members, however we will be opening up a lot more servers and rolling in more than one map after we get all the bugs ironed out and push it to beta (all users).
This mode is a lot of fun, and is great when you want some frantic, fast paced action and are not in the mood for the slightly slower sandbox play of Wasted.