Happy Holidays! Celebrate with 30% off Gold and Platinum in our store! Use coupon code HOLIDAYS at checkout. Coupon valid for the first 25 uses.
At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
- Player with Donor Ranks, racking up XP thanks to its multiplier, giving it to all his/her alts.
- Same as above but in the other sense, high number of players focusing all their XP on a single account. Imagine this with clans/large groups!
- Banned players storing their XP safely somewhere else, or players who cheat and are not yet caught doing the same.
- Black market. People would start trading XP for items and viceversa, creating a black market where we would have zero control over. Moreover, people can pay for XP and thus this could lead to "diamond sword for 5$ of XP". Not exactly something good, huh?
- Scamming. Who would send the XP first? Of course this could be resolved with some hard coding, I know. But something fair to point out.
- Security issues: someone break in your Shotbow account, worse he can do now is changing your signature.
- Tons of work for us to keep track of the transactions and eventual complains of "help I have been robbed!". Currently even Admins cannot mess with EXP and is safer for everyone.
In other words, the XP system is born with the intention of rewarding the player for his/her playing, specifically; or his/her support to the server, you got the point. If we would allow trading that principle would be voided and would advantage quantity over quality instead of the opposite we have right now.
Just like you cannot transfer premium membership between different accounts, you won't be able to transfer XP among accounts. The number of exploits, problems and complains that would rise up by opening trading far outweighs any possible benefits.
So said the Majicou... And Lazer, here and here especially. Now you can stop asking for it!
It is quite easy to properly link images in a post. This guide will provide a step by step walkthrough on how to do this correctly.
Let's say that I want to link this picture:
Step 1: Image Hosting Websites
Go to a third-party image hosting site such as Imgur.
Pictures CANNOT be linked properly by copying files and pasting them straight into a post. The images will not be visible when you complete the post.
Step 2: Choosing Your Image(s) to Upload
In the top righthand corner of the Imgur page, there is a shaded box with the words Upload Images.
Underneath are the options Computer and Web.
Click on Computer.
From there, a pop-up screen will open that looks like this:
There are few options here that I would like to explain:
Step 3: The Correct Code
Now that we have uploaded our image, we will be taken to this screen:
On the right, there is a list of different codes. All of these are useful for different things, but only one is relevant for our purposes of posting on the Shotbow forums. The code we need is the BBCode.
Step 4: Linking the Picture
This final step is short and easy.
Copy and paste the BBCode into the post where the desired.
Until the thread is posted, we will not see our actual image. Rest assured that it will appear once the thread or post is created.
This is the final product of our endeavors:
Step 1 -
Go to Imgur.
Step 2 -
Choose images to upload.
Click Start Upload.
Step 3 -
Find the BBCode in the list of codes to the right of the image.
Step 4 -
Copy the BBCode.
Paste it where you want the picture to appear in your post.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below. I will do my best to answer them!