- Added the navigator class. The navigator has a compass on its hotbar, helping with navigation to objectives. He can also request a scan of the nearby area for enemy threats, useful for holding objectives.
- Added the medic class. The medic can revive fallen teammates.
- Players are now incapacitated before dying, in which state a medic on their team can revive them. A player can wait in spawn for a bit to see if they get revived or spawn right away if they don't want to wait.
A few bug fixes:
- Dealing damage to a friendly vehicle now properly causes friendly fire reflection damage.
- Jet Pack and Kevlar prices were increased by 2x. This is due to the addition of cross persistence. These items may even become more expensive as I evaluate how many are out there. They are not meant to be owned by everyone at all times, they are supposed to be fairly rare.
- Jet Pack had fuel decreased from 200 to 125. This change was due to the smaller map size. It was originally set at 200 to give players the ability to travel distances, but that is not as important with this smaller map. The reduction should mean players will want to only use their Jet Pack when in combat.
- Fixed an infinite money glitch reported by SocomX1 (thank you sir).
Today I did the first piece of the EU infrastructure upgrade. Here is what has happened so far:
- Doubled the capacity of the EU proxies. This is probably the most important part of the upgrade, as it should mean the lag issues at peak time will go away.
- Added four new Wasted servers.
- Redid the EU lobby (thanks to Coleey for all his help today with this) to add the additional Wasted servers and prepare for Gun Game / Shotbow Games servers.
- Added the first set of Shotbow Games servers to the EU lobby. For now, EU will have eight Shotbow Games servers, but that number may grow or shrink based on actual usage.
- Updated the current Wasted #1 and Wasted #2 servers. I was using an older, more expensive server to get you guys a couple servers while I waited on my EU host. So these should run much faster after I do the upgrade.
- Will be adding a set of Gun Game servers. I will start with a few and see how popular they are during peak time.
- Will finally add an EU DBV server. Maybe two. Time will tell (no pun intended).
- Upgrade the current MineZ servers to better hardware. This should help overall performance on the MineZ side, although the MineZ servers seem to be running fine right now.
- Upgrade the EU database. This is the final step and will require network down time. I don't plan to do this until next week during off peak time to minimize impact.
Page 114 of 125