At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.
If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.
Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?
- Three new classes
- A solution to the furnace issue. We hope to have something for the furnace issue with this update, but it depends on finding something that feels right, doesn't open up new avenues of griefing, and maintains the vanilla feel of Annihilation
- Remove armor restrictions from the code. This will make it so you don't have to do the current workarounds to wear armor with some of the classes.
- Dynamic player count with each map. The servers will know how many slots to bring up for each map. For example, Coastal is better with 120 players while Skylands makes more sense with 150.
- Random maps for each server. The server would select a map at random on boot up rather than have the current system where servers host the same map.
- Fixed stats not tracking properly due to a database timeout (for real this time)
- Award bonus Shotbow XP for defending your nexus (killing an enemy near the nexus).
- Award bonus Shotbow XP for killing an enemy after your nexus is destroyed (motivates players to stay in game)
- Fixed being able to drop items while in spawn (thanks to Gamingnow)
- Fixed the brewing shop outside that can be destroyed on Coastal (moved it below the outside weapon shop).
- Allow chest near nexus to be used on Coastal
- Fixed nexus damage from going negative (nexus is removed from list)
- Fixed Thor recharge being reset on swing of any weapon.
- Turned off PvP in the Coastal/Skylands spawn areas to prevent stat padding after your nexus is destroyed.
- Now track the number of times you defend your nexus as a stat.
- Added map Skylands (limited release, needs some tweaks)
- Added map Valleys (limited release, needs some tweaks)
- Added a new custom anticheat plugin. Lazertester has coded a new custom anticheat to catch some of the hacks that NoCheat does not. This was a quiet release a couple days ago, and as of this post has banned 89 hackers. It is very effective and we hope it weeds out some of the people hacking. We do plan to put the newest version of NoCheat on the server soon and spend some time fine tuning it as well. We take hacking very seriously.
- Fixed the random crashes that occurred. Outside a small mishap yesterday (I accidentally some settings), there had been no Annihilation server crashes for over a week. Hoorah!
Update #2 (7/9/2013):
- Moved to 1.6.2
- Added multi-world support in preparation for additional maps. The system allows us to dynamically change which servers are pulling which maps, which should allow for much faster map rotation in the future.
- During phase 4 the nexus takes double damage; During phase 5 the nexus takes triple damage. Please give feedback on this. We wanted to shorten games but still allow tense stalemates between two teams. This seemed like the best solution versus a timed ending or other mechanic that forced an ending.
- Invisibility now wears off when a player attacks a nexus or is attacked by an enemy player. This should allow players to continue to use invisibility to enter a nexus room but can no longer frustrate enemies by hiding in corners and being annoyingly invisible.
- Removed the bedrock wall around the map. It is now void. This fixed the issue of players using the wall to avoid all of the beautiful terrain that xxsaundersxx built. However, it still allows some edge of terrain tactics to trick your opponent into a their death by void (see what I did there?).
- Added more servers. Damn, you guys like this mode don't you?
- Removed the armor restrictions on classes. We reworked all classes to have a small ability and felt we wanted to balance around all classes being equal in base mining/pvp, but have special abilities that offer teamwork, new strategies, and awesomeness. We aren't going to pretend everything is perfectly balanced at this point and will be doing balance patches regularly based on player feedback.
Feedback thread here: http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/39106/
Update #1 (7/8/2013):
- Added Class: Scorpio
- Added Class: Succubus
- Added Class: Thor
- Added the ability to change classes mid-game
- Added premium colors so those who support us are recognized
- Fixed some lag issues.
- Added basic mining/chopping supplies to all classes. This was done so that all players can be effective in all phases of the game and can instead choose a class based on their play style.
- Added Shotbow XP so you can start earning sweet, sweet XP.
Each ore block needs its own designated mine and gravel needs to be placed somewhere so bows and arrows can be made.
Each team needs to be separated by something and there needs to be a center where the diamonds are to be spawned in.
There also needs to be two locations where the boss mobs spawn.
Lastly you will need to have a place to have the two shops, weapon and brewing shops.
When submitting your maps, take screenshots of the map and also a schematic file as a download so I can past it on to a world.
I look forward in seeing what you guys can make When is ready, post it in this section: http://shotbow.net/forum/forums/buildsubmission/