Summer is here! Load up on premium or XP with a limited offer of 20% off. Just use coupon code SUMMER at checkout.
You can also use coupon code PLATINUM for an additional $10 off our unlimited platinum package. This stacks with coupon code SUMMER!
Visit our premium page as both of these coupons are available for a very limited time.
Today has been a long time coming. We have been on a feature freeze on all of our current games while we worked on the transition to 1.9/1.10. The delay in getting this out to you was partially from the sheer complexity of the update (remember, Shotbow is nearly 100% custom code), but also due to just not having enough development resources to truly support the network.
Over the course of the last couple of months, we have brought in a number of new junior developers, many of which are here to primarily support our existing modes. This sharp increase in resources will not only allow us to more aggressively fix bugs, but also start to pour out community requested features as well as release some of our new games. It is certainly an exciting time for Shotbow, and today marks the first major step in a new direction.
We will be releasing a 1.9/1.10 beta instance to the public today. If you join Shotbow using a 1.7/1.8 client, you will be routed to our existing game modes and can continue to play as normal. If you connect using a 1.9/1.10 instance, you will be routed to our beta lobby with the ability to test our freshly upgraded game modes.
We know a number of you had concerns about the combat in 1.9/1.10, and we have relied on feedback from our staff and community to fine tune combat to be as close to 1.7/1.8 as possible. So far the internal testing on combat feels good to us, but we will certainly look forward to any feedback you have as well. This does not mean we won't eventually embrace many of the new mechanics from 1.9/1.10, but we feel testing these new mechanics in a granular fashion is superior to throwing them in all at once.
As part of this update, we will also be running a contest. For every verified new bug reported to us, you'll get entered into a contest to win special prizes such as XP, premium, and some unique cosmetics / pets. Detailed posts that give feedback on combat and other balance issues that we feel are constructive and provide great feedback will also earn you an entry into the contest. There will be no limit to the number of entries you can receive, so long as you are posting new, verifiable bugs or giving great opinions. Once the beta instance is live, a new post will go up detailing where to submit these bugs.
I thank each and every one of the community members who has stuck with Shotbow over the years. We've certainly had our mishaps, but with such a strong infrastructure, wonderful staff, expanding development team, and most of all our loyal player base, I see great things in store for us. We look forward to a bright future with you.
Note: The links below are in US Central time by default. Check the Events page for a full list of events. The timezone of that list is then displayed on the lower left of the page, and should be the same timezone you've set for use on the forums.
Be aware! Scheduled Events are not our only events! Staff hold events constantly. The best way to be aware of current events? Keep an eye on our twitter account for event announcements!
Annihilation All Classes Unlocked Match
Every Saturday the Annihilation Team will be running a completely free-to-play match, where you can test out classes you don't have and find out what you might want - while enjoying some time with the Network Staff. Games will begin at 3pm Central Time. (US Central for us.shotbow.net and EU Central for eu.shotbow.net)
(JP) View Details
(US) View Details
XP Code Goalposts
Facebook: 5,500 likes - Like us on Facebook!
Twitter: 17,500 followers - Follow us on Twitter!
Google+: 2,000 followers - Follow us on Google+!
YouTube: 7,000 subscribers - Subscribe to us on YouTube!
Player.me: 500 followers - Follow us on Player.me!
Instagram: 1,000 followers - Follow us on Instagram!
Tumblr: 500 followers - Follow us on Tumblr!
Twitter [日本語]: 2500 followers - ツイッターでフォロー!
Youku [中文]: 500 followers - 成为粉丝在优酷!
Note: Goal progress images will not update throughout the week
To earn additional XP right now, vote for us!
- Vote for Shotbow at PlanetMinecraft!
- Vote for Shotbow on Minecraft Forum!
- Vote for Shotbow on MinecraftServers.org!
- Applications: The Mine Theft Auto Build Team is accepting applications.
- Applications: The Graphics Team is accepting applications.
- Applications: The Build Team is accepting applications.
- Applications: The SMASH Team is accepting applications.
- Leadership: Valadro is now the Lead of Slaughter
- Leadership: BrendanLeeT is now the Lead of SMASH, with Reconal as his Co-Lead
- Dev Team: Kayaba joined the Development Team
- lindseh, Acceptance, and SilverFaZe have joined the MineZ Team as mini-admins
- Want to get your favorite map added to Annihilation? Find its thread in Build Submissions and make sure to like it! Maps with the most likes are selected to be tested and potentially added to Annihilation. If you don't like your favorite map, it won't get in!
- SNEAK PEEK: A preview with some details of Annihilation 1.9 has been posted!
- Event: A no-protection-zone game of Annihilation was held in the Anni Sandbox late Friday
GG: Kit-based PvP
- Event: An objective-styled event was held on Thursday
- Team: Asenda rejoined the Qubion Build Team
- Bug: VoxelSniper will now work in the Infiworld
- This week our staff sorted through 8806 individual reports resulting in a total of 558 bans over the week.
- Note: Individual reports include all reports placed against an individual player, false reports, and automated reports.
Shotbow in General
- The PR Team continued their work across multiple social media sites, and wrote up The Weekly Arrow
- The PR Team updated the Shotbow Wallpaper Pack
(Last Week's Arrow)
This week's banner showcases the lobby of Annihilation 1.9