We are releasing another round of updates to further enhance your MineZ experience. We're pleased to present you with quite a sizable amount of content through our Spring Cleaning efforts. Read on to get the full scoop!
A new challenger appears...
You all know of the Giant Zombie by now. They are one of the few boss monsters you can find roaming the dried up lakes in the north. When roaming these lands, you may hear rumbles and a distant roar now...
There is a brand new Giant you can find exclusively at Giant's Camp on public servers! This foe is not for the faint of heart. We recommend bringing a few friends to take on this baleful beast. If you do manage to slay it you will be graced with some new and unique loot, which no doubt will shake up the meta.
If you hear this beast roar in the distance, you should get over to Giant's Camp and take it on!
With this update, we are bringing you three overhauls to existing legendary weapons, as well as some quality of life improvements to a few others. We plan to continue working on a few more of these special items throughout the remainder of April, so look forward to that!
Venom Bow suffered the same uninspired and realistically, quite poor legendary design of old. Previously, you would shoot someone and have a chance to inflict them with a short dose of poison. Not very interesting...
Now, the legendary weapon does the following:
- Shooting players will now stack marks, which is essentially a scaling number for each shot you successfully land on your target.
- Within 10 seconds of your last shot, you can left click Venom Bow to detonate your applied marks, dealing half a heart of damage each. You can stack up to 8 marks on a single target, adding up to a whopping 4 hearts of damage!
- Deals Power 1 damage at base.
Another legendary weapon that was underwhelming was Night's Shadow. To theme with the night, we're adding a relatively under utilized effect into MineZ, and one that you have full control over!
- Right click to gain Wither Strike, which will then allow you to inflict Wither I on your target for a few seconds. Deceive your opponents with darkened hearts, and combo them back to spawn!
Not to worry all of you Flail (ab)users! We didn't change any of the mechanics surrounding this weapon, but simply injected further clarity into it to hopefully better inform your next decisions in the middle of battle.
- When PVP Tagged and holding the flail, you will emit particles. These particles will grow more intense the lower your health is.
- As a refresher, Flail deals increasing damage the lower your health is. These particles exist to both tell you (and your opponent) how deadly the weapon is at the moment!
There were several other minor Legendary changes that are not included on this thread, but please take a look at the extensive MineZ Changelog for all of the specific details!
This update is targeted at those who have experienced the shortcomings of the looting in MineZ first-hand. This update does not fix the problem, but rather serves as the building block for further changes to gearing up in MineZ.
Some locations have seen significant changes to the loot tables, as well as some overall fixes to potion chests! I also hear there's something new to be found in civilian and potion chests...
If you've ever had the experience of walking into the Zerbia Depths loot room, you may have found yourself underwhelmed with some of the loot in their hoard.
Whispers in the ocean winds has alluded to these undead pirates having salvaged new treasures...If you dare enter into their domain and fight, parkour, and challenge yourself, you just might find brand new goodies for your trouble!
A few updates ago, we made quite a few changes to PVP, and some of them were a bit too drastic. We've lowered base sword damage, and we are exploring further changes over the next few weeks.
Instance Overhaul Update
Officially released on April 14th, the Instance Overhaul is upon us! Now whenever you enter a dungeon, you will be sent to a different MineZ server where you can take on the dungeon. We've been hard at work optimizing this system since release.
However, this update takes full advantage of instance update because of the following minor adjustment...
Main World View Distance
MineZ for the longest time has worked off of a 4 chunk view distance. It was hard to appreciate the landscape and chase opponents in PVP. While this isn't a large increase, we're going to be monitoring performance to see if we can go even higher or not.
With that being said, we have increased the view distance from 4 to 6 chunks! This is quite a large change, and you have to just log into MineZ and experience the difference!
More on the horizon...
There is quite a lot of content packed into this update. We've got a little bit more planned to release this month and then work will begin on the next few big projects.
We know there are a few other projects that we've teased before, and our hope is to slowly deliver them over the summer.
This summer is shaping up to be quite exciting for MineZ content, so stay tuned!
Thanks for flying Shotbow!
~ The MineZ Team ~
Your favorite Slaughter developer is back with another major update!
- New Main Lobby by Tannatron.
- New Door Animation.
- Sidebar shows more information.
- Tab menu displays game name.
- Redesigned the Game Browser.
- Added Easy and Hard difficulty modes.
- Added new map: Isolation.
- Reworked XP reward system.
- Complete Enemy Overhaul:
- Mobs can now target you across the map.
- New spawn animation.
- New death animation.
- Now drop gold on the ground.
- Chickens die in a single hit.
- Cows move extremely slowly, hit much harder, and are immune to knockback
- Spiders now jump around like mad and can no longer climb walls (for real this time!).
- Added Foxes as a counterpart to Wolves.
- Skeletons no longer strafe excessively.
- Creeper Chickens are back!
- Endermen no longer teleport, but instead teleport you.
- Added Poisonous Spiders.
- Added Husks.
- Added Drowned.
- Added Wither Skeletons.
- Added Strays.
- Added Crazed Creepers.
- Added Infected Hosts.
- Complete Item Overhaul:
- Renamed most items.
- Removed Strength Draughts
- Removed Healing Splash
- Added Large Hammer
- Added Good Point
- Added Sweet Nectar
- Added Restorative Draughts
- Added Plasmic Shield
- Added Diamond Armor
- Added Forsaken Edge
- Added Soul of Slaughter
- Reworked Notched Bow
- Reworked Skull Crusher
Let me know what you think, and if you have any bugs to report or ideas to suggest, feel free to let me know in the Slaughter channel on Discord and I'll be sure to take a look!
Thanks for flying Shotbow!
Spring has sprung! We've got another slew of changes for the month of April after the utter (failure) success of the MineZ: Bold Steps update. Read on to see what's in store!
We've had an ear to the ground with our recent changes, and decided to experiment with many changes that we knew would be game-changing and, well, quite Bold. Our last update proved to be a whole lot of fun to everyone, but alas, not everything can stay this way forever.
The following features have been removed:
- All Lucky & Chaos Blocks have been disabled. They will still exist, but interacting with them will not do anything.
- Elytra (obtained from a Chaos Block) has been converted to a cosmetic item.
- Diamond Armor has been converted to Iron Armor with a unique name.
- The Giant & Baby Forsakens have been removed. They were too powerful for this world.
- Zombies have been turned right-side up. You will now see their blocky faces once again.
We did enjoy some of the changes in looting brought within Bold Steps, and we are evaluating ways to expand on it in the future to make it more enjoyable in the long term. More to come!
Egg Hunt Egg-Stravaganza
A head hunt honoring the Valarune prophecy has been unleashed! 20 different Easter Eggs have been placed around the world. For reference, you are going to be looking for heads that look like this:
Guide to Egg Hunting
- The eggs could be hidden anywhere at any location on the MineZ map. This excludes any dungeons, but may include places you must parkour up to or into. Some locations may not be listed by the website map, but that doesn't exclude them from potentially hiding an egg.
- They will not be in the wild, and can only be found in landmarks / structures. You won't be finding one hiding behind a boulder out in the middle of the jungle!
- The only instance they can be inside of is Wind Spire. If you've entered one, you've gone too far!
You no longer need to screenshot each egg you come across and send them on a forum thread or private message. Rewards are now instantaneous, and even if you don't find every egg, rest assured that each egg holds a wonderful treat.
Simply approach an egg, and right-click it! Once you find all 20, you will receive an extra-special gift!
Picking Up the Pieces
The Emerald Shard quest line has seen a complete overhaul. Many of the shards now have a small challenge to obtain them and the range of where they're found has dramatically shrunk down. You no longer have to wander to the ends of the earth to collect them. This change does mean any existing shards will be rendered unusable, you will need to collect the new versions of the items to progress through the quest.
In addition, the Heal Bow has seen some changes:
- Heals 3 hearts when shooting a player.
- Consumes 2 arrows and 2 durability each shot.
- The shooter becomes afflicted with Weakness I for 5 seconds when successfully shooting a player.
- A player who has been shot by Heal Bow can not be healed again by ANY Heal Bows for 10 seconds.
Looking ahead into April, we have the following targets the development team is looking to hit:
- 5 legendary reworks.
- Changes to looting to help smooth over some of the rough spots we've identified.
- PVP Adjustments.
- Finishing up the Banking System & Instance Overhaul.
Thanks for flying Shotbow!
~ The MineZ Team ~
Page 1 of 179