Note: The links below are in US Central time by default. Check the Events page for a full list of events. The timezone of that list is then displayed on the lower left of the page, and should be the same timezone you've set for use on the forums.
Be aware! Scheduled Events are not our only events! Staff hold events constantly. The best way to be aware of current events? Keep an eye on our twitter account for in-game broadcasts starting with the string [Broadcast]!
Something special this way comes! This year Shotbow is proud to present an Advent Calendar to our most wonderful players. That's right - you'll be getting a present a day of some sort, be it XP, an event, or anything special - up to Christmas itself!
But what kind of Advent Calendar would it be if you knew what exactly was coming in advance? If you go and take a look at our Events page you'll see there is a new event scheduled every day - but many of them still say "Secret!" I plan to reveal the events both on the Calendar and here in the Weekly Arrow every day at around 4pm CST. (Though no guarantees!) Either way, check back every day to see what exactly is in store for tomorrow. We're not going to leave you completely in the dark though! Events on the calendar will have their time if they are time based, will state the game they are part of, and will have the region in brackets - if applicable. You'll also only find events on the calendar a week in advance - that's to give our team the time they need to finalize them.
Now with that out of the way, let's start listing the events!
"Create Your Annihilation Map" Contest with iZtean
An ongoing event throughout the month of December, join iZtean in his quest to find an awesome new Annihilation map - and win it to see it live on the Shotbow Annihilation Sandbox! Check the link for specifics.
Winter Arrives on Shotbow
December 1st - Winter Officially Arrives here on Shotbow. Be prepared to witness a number of content changes and additions as the holiday season gets into full swing!
More details will be released as a separate post on December 1st.
[US] MineZ Traveling Snowman
#1 on the Advent Calendar - we'll reveal this one ahead of time a little bit. At 6pm CST the Traveling Snowman will appear somewhere in MineZ (much like years past). Search him out and befriend him and you may just receive a special reward.
View Details (US)
Annihilation Secret Event
December 2nd - This event is still a secret. Come back the evening of December 1st (US Central Time) for more information!
MineZ Secret Event
December 3rd on the Advent Calendar - This event is still a secret. Come back the evening of December 2nd (US Central Time) for more information!
December 4th on the Advent Calendar - This event is still a secret. Come back the evening of December 3rd (US Central Time) for more information!
Qubion Secret Event
December 5th on the Advent Calendar - This event is still a secret. Come back the evening of December 4th (US Central Time) for more information! This event will take place around 12:30pm CST.
[EU] Annihilation Secret Event
December 6th on the Advent Calendar - This event is still a secret. Come back the evening of December 5th (US Central Time) for more information! This event will take place around 12pm CST.
Weekly Staff Stream
Every Saturday you can join a staff member as the stream through our fantastically fun games and host random events throughout the network. The stream starts at 12pm CDT on Saturdays and will be hosted on our YouTube channel.
Annihilation All Classes Unlocked Match
Every Saturday the Annihilation Team will be running a completely free-to-play match, where you can test out classes you don't have and find out what you might want - while enjoying some time with the Network Staff. Games will begin at 3pm Central Time. (US Central for us.shotbow.net and EU Central for eu.shotbow.net)
(EU) View Details
(US/NA) View Details
XP Code Goalposts
You may notice that Twitch.tv is no longer part of this list. This is intentional. We here at Shotbow will be moving our normal streaming over to YouTube. You'll be able to watch us at https://gaming.youtube.com/c/TheShotbowNetwork/live
Facebook: 5,000 likes - Like us on Facebook!
Twitter: 17,000 followers - Follow us on Twitter!
Google+: 1,500 followers - Follow us on Google+!
YouTube: 6,500 subscribers - Subscribe to us on YouTube!
Player.me: 500 followers - Follow us on Player.me!
Instagram: 1,000 followers - Follow us on Instagram!
Tumblr: 500 followers - Follow us on Tumblr!
Twitter [日本語]: 1500 followers - ツイッターでフォロー!
Youku [中文]: 500 followers - 成为粉丝在优酷!
Note: Goal progress images will not update throughout the week
To earn additional XP right now, vote for us!
- SquallyTheWally joined the translation team as a British English localizer.
- Sandstoner was promoted to Full Builder.
- Want to get your favorite map added to Annihilation? Find its thread in Build Submissions and make sure to like it! Maps with the most likes are selected to be tested and potentially added to Annihilation. If you don't like your favorite map, it won't get in!
- Event: Check out a special event hosted by iZtean!
- Improvement: Free weekly kits now reliably rotate on Sunday at around 12:00am CST
- News: Work began on an update for Annihilation
Death by Void
- Bugfix: New DBV Maps should generate automatically at the start of each day
- Development on Gold Rush continued
- The tutorial video is being subtitled by the translation team.
- A Trailer video is in development.
Mine Theft Auto
- Mine Theft Auto is a "hair-width away from a premium beta!"
- Work on a Mine Theft Auto trailer continues
- Sarazon has left the Qubion Team after a Trial Builder period.
Fall 2015 Season Update
In an unexpected turn this week, a newcomer - Slave4025, flew by nix_ despite an increase in his ELO - pushing nix_ off of 3rd place and taking it for himself on the US leaderboard. First and second place remain constant, with OwOb and acoo398 sitting on their ELO scores - perhaps afraid to battle players and lose their position.
The EU leaderboard stagnates the worst I've ever seen it, despite SMASH being most popular in EU, the EU leaderboard remains exactly the same as last week. Perhaps 4th place, Kroveey, will catch up and disrupt the current leaderboard.
- US: OwOb @ 1230, acoo398 @ 1229, and Slave4025 @ 1211
- EU: _BrightDarkness_ @ 1234, AsiatusxX @ 1208, Brontalo @ 1198
- Congratulations, folks! Keep fighting for more glory - who will be on the leaderboard next week? Who will win the Fall 2015 Season? Stay tuned to both the SMASH Update & the SMASH Leaderboards to find out!
- Wasted: Control continued to progress with on-going pre-release testing.
- Work on a Wasted: Control trailer is underway
- Development work on GunGame continues
If we told you we'd have to kill you
- Two more internal projects focused on having easy, fast fun with your friends around the world are in progress
- The Web Development team updated Shotbow's Tapatalk integration to the latest version (yes, again)
Shotbow in General
- A weekly staff stream was held on Saturday and will soon be available on YouTube.
- The network is accepting applications to join the Annihilation and GG Staff Teams
- The network is accepting applications to join the Translation Team
- The PR Team continued their work across multiple social media sites, and wrote up The Weekly Arrow
- The PR Team updated the Shotbow Wallpaper Pack
(Last Week's Arrow)
This week's banner previews part of the new Shotbow Winter Lobby that will be part of the December 1st content release!
We're incredibly excited to announce our assistance with iZtean's Event: "Crea tu mapa de Destruye el Nexus!"
Please watch the video to read all the instructions on the event - all applications should be sent directly to iZtean through the email specified during the video. We're extremely excited to host a game with the winning map here on Shotbow
Here at Shotbow, we typically recommend a map be about 350 blocks on each side - but feel free to explore the medium!
Enjoy the competition!
Page 1 of 72