Happy Holidays! Check out our Limited Edition Cosmetic Items - Snowmen, Elves, Candy Canes and Christmas Trees!
Being a Mini Admin puts you on the frontlines of community engagement, gamemode patrolling and rule enforcement. Aside from that, you are there to make sure the people who play our games are having the best possible experience. So if someone has a question or an issue, you will be the first to respond and offer assistance. Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Patrolling your assigned gamemodes, in this case SMASH;
- Helping players with problems or questions;
- Keeping an eye on external communication platforms (e.g. TeamSpeak, Discord etc.)
There are a couple criteria which you have to fulfill in order to be eligible to become an admin. These are:
- Being able to record videos (doesn't have to be fancy, just clear);
- You are mature and helpful towards other players;
- Know key mechanics, be up-to-date with updates and changes of your gamemode;
- Be reliable - you will have access to confidential materials which we expect you to keep secret.
Good luck to all applicants!
On behalf of all of the Shotbow staff team, I wish you a very happy new year. While 2017 had its ups and downs, we are pleased to say that we have a lot in store for 2018! We are all very excited to present our awesome projects to you – some of which have been in the works for weeks, months, and even years. Here's a small teaser, as well: we're working to bring two new games to Shotbow this year - one that you're expecting and one that you're not!
In celebration of 2018, use XP code 2018 for a nice surprise! On that note, please enjoy our first New Moon of 2018.
This December, we hosted the Christmas event for 2017, which was super fun! Some of the things we had include: a brand new winter hub, winter-themed game maps throughout all of our games, MineZ events like the head hunt and traveling snowman, the breathtaking SMASH update, brand new Christmas cosmetics (including our first balloons), and so much more! We hope you enjoyed the Christmas event – please let us know in a comment something that you loved about it and something that you'd like to see next year!
Minecraft 1.13 Poll
Last week, we posted a poll asking about your opinion on what Shotbow should do regarding the Minecraft 1.13 update. With a week left to vote, 1.9 and 1.13 as base versions are in a perfect tie, so we still need your feedback and opinions as to what we should do! Please be sure to comment on the thread with your reasoning as to why you voted for what you voted for!
After a long wait, HCFactions is finally back and better than ever on January 19th for an open beta. Their official statement can be found here, and here is the trailer:
The MineZ team has been hard at work this month to bring you tons of awesome Christmas events! Additionally, the MineZ team has made a clarification regarding world downloading which can be found here.
The SMASH team has taken a vote on maps that will be purged and maps that will be returning in the next update. Additionally, SMASH had a lot of awesome community events this month! Stay tuned for broadcasts to catch the next ones!
The winter season ends soon, so be sure to climb up the leaderboards for ranked matches! Current standings are:
- 1st - Acstes with 1184 ELO
- 2nd - JirenX with 1174 ELO
- 3rd - InvernalAngel with 1167 ELO
MTA US Leaderboards for December 2017
- 1st - xThePxssySlxyer KDR: 64:0 (64.0)
- 2nd - Reitier KDR: 121:3 (40.33)
- 3rd - meggiemonster100 KDR: 36:0 (36.0)
- 1st - MelancholyMelons Arrests: 306.0
- 2nd - Perchloricacid Arrests: 133.0
- 3rd - Ultimativemaster Arrests: 114.0
- 1st - Nanakoro_ Experience gained: 83664.0
- 2nd - ALF0220 Experience gained: 48856.0
- 3rd - Yol00 Experience gained: 48222.0
- 1st - Nanakoro_ Minigames won: 125.0
- 2nd - Ultimativemaster Minigames won: 66.0
- 3rd - Viral333 Minigames won: 61.0
- skillerfox3 was promoted to full developer
- 100PercentHippo was promoted to BAC Team Lead
- Catsage was promoted to BAC Team Co-Lead
- ArcadeLegend and Lomrun_ joined the Mini Builders team
- DJ_Pedro, kitpower_, and LegitNube joined the Ghostcraft Mini Admin team
- Perchloricacid joined the MTA Mini Admin team
- A total of 253,798,553 XP was earned by players this month
- There were 1,498 players banned in the last month
- This month we achieved a peak playercount of 738 on December 2
This month, we are still up really high and close to 1,000 players online at one time. As you can see above, our highest playercount this month was 738 people, which is amazing. However, if we can hit over 1,000 players online at one time during the next month, we will do a Platinum rank giveaway on the Twitter!
What can I do?
Play on Shotbow, invite your friends, and invite their friends! Make friends and invite them to Shotbow! Spread the word about our amazing games, and in return we'll work as hard as we can to make your experience the best it can possibly be.
I'm your host, Mistri. Thanks for flying Shotbow!
Dentril's New Moon image provided courtesy of Mistri
Greetings! You may or may not have heard that Mojang has been recently working on a new version of Minecraft: 1.13. While it has no set release date, we believe that it will be released soon. It will focus mainly on bug fixes, technical features, and optimization of Minecraft, such as command block updates, command updates, and much more. You can read more about it on Minecraft Wiki.
Today, we're here to ask you, the community, whether or not you think Shotbow should support Minecraft version 1.13 when it is to be released.
Disclaimer #1: Please note that the majority vote may not necessarily be the option we end up going with, but we'd like some feedback as to what you guys think!
Disclaimer #2: Please note that Shotbow is not reverting to any version pre-1.9 under any circumstances. Any comments posted suggesting this may be deleted at staff discretion.
If you have a preference in regards to the Minecraft versioning, please tell us what you prefer about your preferred version. The poll will close in two weeks' time. Votes are anonymous, and staff members are encouraged to vote. We value your feedback – thank you for your time, and thanks for flying Shotbow!
Until next time,
Mistri & the Shotbow PR Team
================================== 日本語 ==================================Minecraft 1.13
皆さんこんにちは！ 既にご存知の方もおられるかと思いますが、Mojangは現在マインクラフトの新しいバージョン、1.13の開発に取り組んでいます。1.13の公開日は発表されていませんが、私たちは近いうちにリリースされると予想しています。1.13は主にバグの修正、技術的な機能、コマンド及びコマンドブロックの最適化といったマインクラフト自体の最適化に主眼が置かれています。より詳細な情報については、こちらのMinecraft Wikiからご覧になれます。
今日、私たちは あなた に、コミュニティ全体に、Shotbowがバージョン1.13をサポートすべきかどうかについて忌憚のない意見をお伺いしたく、投票を実施します。
おことわり #1: 何が最も得票した選択肢 であっても、 必ずしもその通りに進めることが出来るとは限りません。ご了承下さい。プレイヤーの皆さんの幅広いご意見をお待ちしています！
おことわり #2: Shotbowが1.9以前のバージョンに逆戻りすることは、どのような状況であっても 起こりません。そのような提案は、いかなるものであってもスタッフの判断によって削除されるでしょう。
もしあなたが、マインクラフトのバージョンに関して持論をお持ちの場合、お好みのバージョンのどのような点が気に入っているか、私たちにお伝えください。 この投票は二週間で締め切られます。投票は匿名で行われます。 貴重なご意見をありがとうございます。お時間を割いていただき感謝いたします。Shotbowで遊んでいただきありがとうございます！
Mistri & the Shotbow PR Team
Page 1 of 127