Hello Everyone! Today, we are going to try something a bit new. In the past, we have seen several amazing things come out of this community, and we wanted to put that skill and teamwork into an event that you can win! Please do note, this is my first time running an event like this, so please go easy on me! Anyways, I know you're not here to listen to me ramble on, you are here to know what the event is. So lets get right into that.
The details! So when you first looked at the title, you probably guess what I mean by "XP Race". Well first off, it's not a good title, I know it's not. No need to tell me.
The goal of this challenge is to simply gain as much in-game XP as possible. In-game as in XP you use for enchanting, not Shotbow XP. Don't get those confused! This means you must collect XP either by Mining (recommended) or by other means, like shoveling gravel, or even placing builder's blocks. Use of the Enchanter Class is allowed, therefore if you want to gain XP faster, I would advise doing that. You must show us through video your largest stash of XP at one time. If you somehow lose your XP, your "Grand Total" will amount to how much you had before you lost it. If you exceed your original amount following a death or something of the sort, then you can take the new total. Basically, I am only interested to see how much XP you can get at one time. Spending the XP to enchant will count as deduction.
RulesYou MUST record yourself gaining the XP. Screenshots do not work. The videos must remain uncut and start
when you join the server, and end when the game ends, or when you leave
Please keep comments in this post on-topic. You are allowed to just post, and not enter in the contest, but if posts are off-topic, they will be removed with no hesitation.
Andorra is BANNED from this event due to the excessive amounts of ores.
Other Players are allowed to help you stay alive, and keep enemies away from you.
All Shotbow Rules obviously need to be followed during this event. (AND ALWAYS!)
Having fun is required. If you don't, you are disqualified.
ALL POSTS must meet the required format listed below. Otherwise, that post will be void.
Usage of Alternate Accounts to gain an advantage will result in disqualification.
Annihilation Sandbox Games do not count for this event.
USAGE OF THE XP WILL INFACT ACT AS IF YOU LOST IT. THIS EVENT IS STRICTLY TO SHOW OFF THE LARGEST AMOUNT HAVE AT ONE TIME.
Tips & Tricks
I would suggest having a group help you in gaining the XP. While it isn't obviously required, mine-rushers can ruin your day, very fast.
You also may consider studying each map and finding out which one will work the best for gaining XP. There are no map restrictions, other than Andorra being banned from the event.
Try and get as much XP as you can before the game ends. With any luck, you can get a long match and end up cashing in a large amount.
Date of Completion:
XP Grand Total:
Video (Be sure to follow requirements for the video!):
Short Summary of your strategy (Optional, but would be appreciated):
Submissions can be PRIVATE MESSAGED to me if you wish. Conversation title should be "XP Race Entry (your username)".
What would an event be without a prize at the end of the rainbow? Below is a breakdown for what you could win!
1st Place: Gold Rank OR 550,000 Shotbow XP
2nd Place: Silver Rank OR 250,000 Shotbow XP
3rd Place: Basic Rank OR 100,000 Shotbow XP
The winning people can choose if they want to keep the prize for themselves, or give it to another username. Winning users will be contacted on the forums via private message by me.
EVENT CLOSES MARCH 1ST AT 12:00 PM CST.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WHO ENTER!
I'm about three weeks late to the party - but I have officially been writing the Weekly Arrow for over a year now. In fact, using the link at the bottom you can browse back through every single arrow I've ever written. For convenience, though, I'll link you to the first: "Changes for the week ending on January 10th".
The arrow has clearly proven it's worth to the community, and is no longer an experiment, so I will be continuing it - every Sunday - right here.
Note: The links below are in US Central time by default. Check the Events page for a full list of events. The timezone of that list is then displayed on the lower left of the page, and should be the same timezone you've set for use on the forums.
Be aware! Scheduled Events are not our only events! Staff hold events constantly. The best way to be aware of current events? Keep an eye on our twitter account for in-game broadcasts starting with the string [Broadcast]!
Annihilation All Classes Unlocked Match
Every Saturday the Annihilation Team will be running a completely free-to-play match, where you can test out classes you don't have and find out what you might want - while enjoying some time with the Network Staff. Games will begin at 3pm Central Time. (US Central for us.shotbow.net and EU Central for eu.shotbow.net)
(EU) View Details
(US/NA) View Details
XP Code Goalposts
You may notice that Twitch.tv is no longer part of this list. This is intentional. We here at Shotbow will be moving our normal streaming over to YouTube. You'll be able to watch us at https://gaming.youtube.com/c/TheShotbowNetwork/live
Facebook: 5,000 likes - Like us on Facebook!
Twitter: 17,000 followers - Follow us on Twitter!
Google+: 1,500 followers - Follow us on Google+!
YouTube: 6,500 subscribers - Subscribe to us on YouTube!
Player.me: 500 followers - Follow us on Player.me!
Instagram: 1,000 followers - Follow us on Instagram!
Tumblr: 500 followers - Follow us on Tumblr!
Twitter [日本語]: 1500 followers - ツイッターでフォロー!
Youku [中文]: 500 followers - 成为粉丝在优酷!
Note: Goal progress images will not update throughout the week
To earn additional XP right now, vote for us!
- Vote for Shotbow at PlanetMinecraft!
- Vote for Shotbow on Minecraft Forum!
- Vote for Shotbow on MinecraftServers.org!
- Applications: The Build Team is currently accepting applications
- Unicycle43 and Zyong have joined the Annihilation Team as Mini Admins
- Valadro has been promoted to full Admin
- Sunlost has joined the Mine Theft Auto Team as a Mini Admin
- Want to get your favorite map added to Annihilation? Find its thread in Build Submissions and make sure to like it! Maps with the most likes are selected to be tested and potentially added to Annihilation. If you don't like your favorite map, it won't get in!
- Development on Gold Rush continued
- The tutorial video is being subtitled by the translation team.
- The Gun Game update is live and open to all players! Have feedback? Leave it on the forums!
- Balance: Combat Timer has been decreased
- Balance: Decreased time between hits for melee weapons
- Balance: Players are now forced to kill a variety of players in order to gain arrests
- Balance: NPC Cop health has been reduced
- New Feature: Some showroom houses have been added to the map
- Improvement: Airplane and Helicopters hitboxes have changed
- Improvement: Missions and Jobs are no longer categorized on the player's phone
- Bug: A glitch allowing people to fly super fast with a jetpack has been patched
Winter 2016 Season Update
Welcome back to the Winter 2016 Season! The US leaderboard again remains pretty calm for the top three. nix_, acoo398, and Tezlashock all keep their positions. nix_ and acoo398, though, have fallen slightly - with Tezlashock gaining ELO. Let's see if he can catch up to them!
The EU Leaderboard is mostly the same, Galavon has taken over 2nd place, _BrightDarkness_ has raised his ELO dramatically - assumably through grinding - and XSirTrishaX has lost their place to be claimed by IZoomI.
- US: nix_ @ 1202, acoo398 @ 1201, Tezlashock @ 1186
- EU: _BrightDarkness_ @ 1223, GalavonBordeaux @ 1208, IZoomI @ 1169
- Congratulations, folks! Keep fighting for more glory! Who will win the Winter 2016 Season? Stay tuned to both the SMASH Update & the SMASH Leaderboards to find out!
- Improvement: The Games section of the forums have been reorganized, with When in Rogue, Wasted, GhostCraft, Assault, and The Arrow Arcade being moved into a new "The Garage" section - and Slaughter, Death by Void, and Gun Game getting their own sparkling new forums.
- Update: The Tapatalk plugin has been updated to the latest version
- The 2016 Roadmap was Released!
- The network is accepting applications to join the Translation Team
- The PR Team continued their work across multiple social media sites, and wrote up The Weekly Arrow
- The PR Team updated the Shotbow Wallpaper Pack
- The Server icon, payment portals, and Thank You broadcast message have all been updated to the newer branding of "Shotbow"
This week's banner showcases the brand new lobby from Qubion Creative! Thanks, Guys!
Looking back at 2015, we decided to take a close look at the core goals for the network. While we’ve always committed to bringing innovative gameplay to our users, it was clear we’ve spread ourselves a little thin by trying to support every mode we’ve ever created. This resulted in us neglecting those modes that really drive the passion of our users, and in 2016 we have dedicated ourselves to reinventing Shotbow for the better. This will mean a lot of changes around the network, but we hope that bringing a laser focus to our most played modes will result in a great year for our players, our staff, and the network as a whole.
To the Garage!
First, we plan to take down a number of games that were either never meant to be supported long term or need to have some serious time with a developer. Many of these will make a return in a future arcade mode whereby users can group up together and compete by seamlessly playing a variety of mini-games (think WarioWare). Others will be recoded to be released as standalone offerings. But for the time being we are going to be bringing them into the Shotbow garage. These modes include Ghostcraft, Lightbikes, Crafting Mama, Hidden in Plain Sight, Flappy Chick, Sweepers, Craftybomber, Wasted, and Assault. For some, this will be difficult news, but the idea is that we can recode/refine these games to be relaunched at a later time in a much better format. This lets us focus on our core offerings.
Community feedback will be a pillar for Shotbow in 2016. Starting in March, the lead staff member for each active game mode will open up a monthly feedback thread meant to identify game breaking bugs, balance issues, and get a general pulse on the community. We will then take that feedback and spend development resources accordingly. We hope that this is a big step towards ensuring the community is heard and changes are made in a rapid fashion. Why March? We plan to do a lot of bug fixing in February so we start things with a clean slate.
We will continue to offer new game mode experiences and tweaks to our existing offering. Some things to look forward to in 2016:
- Gold Rush: A fast paced pvp mode with a dynamic objective system. Our feedback on this mode so far is fantastic, and we anticipate you enjoying its frantic and balanced gameplay.
- When in Rogue: Our beloved rogue-like came at a difficult time for the network and was released right before the 1.8 update. It fills a co-operative experience we feel is neglected in the community, and we plan to re-release WiR with a slew of updates. The new WiR will be an amazing experience, and we hope to impress the community with its redesign.
- Wasted Sandbox: ABUDoctor is going to grab Wasted and give it a much needed overhaul. The new Wasted will address some of the issues we had with the old mode, while making it more fast paced and integrating a progressive upgrade system. Our design document is looking great for this mode, and old players can expect a refreshing take on our popular gun based sandbox mode. Gun Game and Control will be standalone offerings.
- MineZ (Classic): We know there are some issues with damage and some major bugs in the game. These are a high priority and will be fixed rapidly.
- MineZ 2 rebalance: Many people have wondered why MineZ 2 never took off. After a pretty close look, it is apparent that we tried to make MineZ 2 too much of an RPG and introduced way too much grind. Also, we severely hurt the PvP aspect of the game through a number of mistakes. Socom is heading up a major balance update to the mode, which plans to fix a huge number of major gameplay elements that should keep all of the great aspects of MineZ while expanding on those elements without adding additional grind.
- Gun Game: Playable Now! We've re-released Gun Game as a standalone offering that players are sure to enjoy. Come check it out!
Shotbow was one of the original Minecraft networks and we are still going strong. However, it is apparent we are long due for some much needed housekeeping. We hope that by providing a slimmer offering we can focus more on our existing game modes while continuing to produce new experiences for players to enjoy. Want to help as a player? Let us know your thoughts on the forums and most importantly, tell your friends about Shotbow! We look forward to an exciting 2016.
Page 1 of 86