1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion What aspects of dungeons do you guys like most?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Fridge2177, Feb 26, 2018.

Discussion - What aspects of dungeons do you guys like most?
  1. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    Hey guys, I was just wondering what you guys like about dungeons? Is it the wave rooms, parkour, puzzles, etc...? What are some of your favourite dungeons and what makes them so good? What would you like to see more of?

Personally I love Sunken Library and Saward Crypt because of their puzzle content. They both have a certain learning curve but once you know how do to the dungeon, there is still some skill and teamwork required to complete the dungeon so bringing new people along is always fun.

Let me know what you guys think!

2. up44 Platinum

XP:
    1,745,607xp
    parkour
    ACringyTortilla and _Swipe like this.
  3. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    puzzles bc it makes me feel very smart
    Unicycle43 and Aexon like this.
  4. riod Regular Member

XP:
    134,461xp
    What I'd really like to see is a cooperative dungeon. What I am thinking about is something similar to Portal 2 where you have 2 (3 or 4) people who are completing puzzles which are hard to master. Those should be based on communication (like being in seperate rooms).
  5. jmiester07 Regular Member

XP:
    36,232xp

^^ yes that would be amazing.
    I like parkour puzzles, kinda like DR boss room.

Also I would like to see more things like axis mundi, with the three tokens needed to enter, except with some easier dungeons.
    riod likes this.
  6. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Puzzles, not the kind of saward/sunken, but puzzles like water trial, paluster trials, exolesco...
    Goliac and riod like this.
  7. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Puzzles and teamwork. I personally love exolesco because it has both of those and you never get tired of redoing it.
    In the other hand we have ones like Warped Ruins. It's nothing but parkour... Plus, it's really annoying to instantly die when you fall, considering lag is a huge issue in the dungeon.
    Aexon likes this.
  8. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    I personally love meteor crater because it's just so... good. Parkour, intense running away from pigmen.
  9. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Is this question out of curiosity or for future dungeons?
    ACringyTortilla likes this.
  10. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    Little bit of both :wink: If I make dungeons or get to help with any in the future Id like to have the input but nothing for now
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  11. Benjamaster7 Regular Member

XP:
    159,061xp
    i like the sacrificing parts because I can watch my friends with hard-earned gear slowly burn to a crisp.
  12. Ralphismyname Platinum

XP:
    24,652xp
    puzzles cause then i can get carried
    IvanDoomy likes this.
  13. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    I agree with all those saying puzzles with teamwork. Puzzles alone aren't fun, it's the teamwork aspect of dungeons that is fun.
    riod and Goliac like this.
  14. Saints_Evolved Platinum

XP:
    146,230xp
    Teamwork puzzles are the best but I believe dungeon need a little bit of everything to be properly balanced
  15. Thannus Platinum

XP:
    947,188xp
    maybe something kinda like to beginning of portal 2 co op, where you and your teammates are beside each bother going through a similar path. maybe your teammate could even make something possible for you that would otherwise be impossible, like shooting a button that would open a door or assists with parkour.
  16. riod Regular Member

XP:
    134,461xp
    I totally agree but there could be some innovative things. Having a wave room over and over again is boring, isn't it? There could be for example one player who is in some sort of control for the room. The person could be able to give effects for the fighters or debufs for the zombkes.
    IvanDoomy likes this.
  17. Trent__Boyett Regular Member

XP:
    505,254xp
    I am a fan of the dungeons that have new and creative challenges, no matter what sort. For instance, the first time I did Devil's Respite, I was blown away by many of the rooms, as they were all fresh and creative ideas that we had never seen before. I feel like parkour, wave rooms etc. are best when they have a creative twist on them that makes them unique to a specific dungeon.

That being said, I had an idea for a dungeon (or at least part of a dungeon) that I came up with a few months ago. It is loosely inspired by a psychology experiment called the Robber's Cave Study (Google it if you want). Basically, I think it would be cool if there was a part of a dungeon that required a team to split up and compete against each other for a few stages. For instance, if the groups were required to go into the dungeon in two separate places (Essentially splitting up into equal teams), there may be a race in which only half of the overall group survives or something. I know sacrifices in dungeons are kind of controversial to some, but I think that would at least be an interesting way of doing it. That being said, I love seeing threads like this that bolster community discussion and bring unique ideas to the table. Thanks, Fridge!
    ACrispyTortilla and Tannatron like this.
  18. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    The actual dungeon is rewarding in itself to complete, the risk+effort required to do dungeon makes it very fun to complete it. However, I consider the legendary item(s) usefulness before attempting a dungeon.
  19. Pyachi2002 Slaughter Lead

XP:
    11,370,332xp
    That very specific one feature that makes a dungeon unique
    Like in Exolesco, the shrinking and growing
    Shrine of the Dusk, the 4 elemental trials
    Eclipsed Ruins, the whole thing
    Maze of the Tenth, the "randomization" of the maze (You start in a random place)
    Asindia Ruins, The MineZ 2 lore aspect
    Byesford Labs, the SCP inspiration
    etc.
    Some dungeons don't really have anything unique to show off, and those dungeons, I feel, are lacking because of it (I'm looking at you, Anvalia Mines :wink:)
  20. StyxUK Platinum

XP:
    4,554xp
    Personally for me, it's lore!
    LazynProud and ItsSoular like this.