1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Deflector Class

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Hvba, May 27, 2020.

Suggestion - Deflector Class
?

Do you like this idea?

Yes 14 vote(s) 70.0%
No 6 vote(s) 30.0%
  1. Hvba Retired Staff

XP:
    1,147,309xp
    After thinking about what small issues we face in our daily portions of Annihilation and saw that countless people complain about enemies with ranged weapons, I noticed that there is no real counter against them.

Introducing: The Deflector Class

This class would have only one extra item and would work like the bard class.

The Item would be a beacon (Hard to break and easy to spot) (Also the class icon would be a beacon)

When the beacon is placed, it takes 4 seconds to charge up and from then on it will protect any team member in a 5 block radius from arrow damage.
    (There could be a particle effect around it)
    (Activation Messages: "Forcefield is Charging up" "Forcefield has been activated") (Charge up sound effect: "minecraft:block.portal.trigger"
    This sound effect takes exactly 4 seconds to play and sounds like a charge up)

The beacon could be upgraded by
    9 placing iron blocks (10 block radius),
    9 gold blocks (15 block radius) or
    9 diamond blocks (20 block radius) below.

Second Version:

When the beacon is placed, it takes 4 seconds to charge up and from then on it will protect any team member in a 10 block radius from 40 % arrow damage.

The beacon could be upgraded by
    9 placing iron blocks (60%),
    9 gold blocks (80%) or
    9 diamond blocks (100%) below. I think its a fair thing to have for 81 diamonds

EDIT: Little addition suggested by some people: The beacon needs to have airblocks above it, or it will not function and the owner would recieve an error message every 10 seconds ("You beacons beam is being blocked")

2. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    I love the idea of an actual counter to bows/SNIPER. Nice!
  3. karabear04 Regular Member

XP:
    91,528xp
    but if you can stil shoot from inside your area outwards then mid will just be people cowarding behind their mid base, i was thinking this would be a personal class but i can see it working with improvements
  4. Hvba Retired Staff

XP:
    1,147,309xp
    I updated the thread with a second version of the class, which is way less OP and requires a lot of resources to create.
  5. KKtachi Regular Member

XP:
    12,776xp
    Would the beacons work if a player blocks the upper beam? Players could seal the beam to make them less noticeable
  6. Outra Localization Lead, Events Team Lead

XP:
    908,509xp
    Your idea is good! I hope that the proposal will be evaluated and refined in a way that balances the current situation.
  7. TheHolyMonk Emerald

XP:
    154,934xp
    I like this idea. It sounds like a good way to defend against Archers with enchanted bows.
    Version two would be my choice, cutting the damage by 40% would give players a fighting chance without completely defeating the purpose of using a bow.

Also, maybe players should have to step outside of the deflector's radius to use a bow. So that you can't just bowspam from within the deflector. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Hvba likes this.
  8. Walkop Silver

XP:
    30,323xp
    I think this class would hinder the balance. Bows exist for a reason, to punish movement in open areas without cover or mobility. Those already have counters. Archers of your own, or fortifications. Shields also reduce Arrow damage by a considerable amount, so if you need to retreat, use your Shield. If the enemy has the mobility advantage, then that's on you for putting yourself in a vulnerable situation without a bow of your own or a class that has mobility. Also, Instead of actually having to build a fortification, you just place this block down that gives you arrow immunity?

This is an indirect debuff to an already very niche class, Builder.

It has a lot of cool factor, but I don't think it would help the game.

I know a lot of people complain about those, but there are counters to them. The problem is people don't use them.