1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

/report

Discussion in 'The Network' started by AceOfTheStomps, Sep 8, 2013.

/report
  1. AceOfTheStomps Regular Member

XP:
    57,296xp
    Countless times in Shotbow Network there have been people who have either hacked/spammed/troll/annoy/use abusive language extc. And I would have to either finish my game or just quit and have to on to shotbow.net and post a private form and nothing happens. We need a /report system that allows players to immediate report players who are breaking the rules of Shotbow Network. And have more online admins and mods who can deal with these important problems (I am a regular member and I maybe see a admin or mod once a month)

2. TheAether97 Gold

XP:
    27,966xp
    They read reports, they just don't answer them that often. The results are private. What's the point of an admin showing themselves? People will just turn off their hacks.
  3. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp
    The Admins are on much longer than you think. They just go invisible.

Also, this Command can be spammed and etc creating chaos.
  4. Razi Platinum

XP:
    56,441xp
    Some kids will abuse the command, "you killed me on minez, fucking bandit, I am going to report you" I can see it right now
  5. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    As what they said above,

This command will be abused and creates chaos.

An admin can't be there 24/7, they are admins but they don't get paid, they do it on their free time.
  6. ThgilFoDrol Platinum

XP:
    80,523xp
    There are easy fixes to the problems listed. I myself have made a similar thread about adding something like this a week or so ago. To resolve spam, incorporate a time interval/cooldown inbetween reporting to reduce spam. Perhaps include a rank restriction to be able to submit one, or have the arena vote if it's necessary. In any circumstance, it should also take a snapshot of all chat that had transpired within say, the last two minutes, as well as damage logs (to nexus and players alike).
    AceOfTheStomps likes this.
  7. K_Lawrence Regular Member

XP:
    13,000xp
    My take:
    The internet has an infinite amount of hackers, spammers, abusers, etc. I'd say that if you get a report in with the right evidence, it's dealt with as such and that person generally disappears. You have to remember that there are THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people on the network, so unless your in a tight group or always play on the same server it's unlikely for you to encounter the same person twice.

Besides, if someone has multiple accounts to be a troll/hacker/whatever and gets one account banned, they can use another. If it's an IP ban, they can just use a Proxy.

If you're annoyed just take your screenshots and submit them in the reports section. It's the best system that people can't spam nor truly abuse unless they want their forum account banned.
  8. AceOfTheStomps Regular Member

XP:
    57,296xp
    I have greatly appreciated the feedback.
  9. Crumb_Boi Platinum

XP:
    11,738xp
    they could do a /vote kick (name) (reason) but only only gold and above can start the vote
  10. Crumb_Boi Platinum

XP:
    11,738xp
    then again people will abuse it hmmmmmm what if they can only do once every like 30 mins?
  11. blockhead1110 Platinum

XP:
    7,078xp
    I do think that premiums should have advantages over regular members, but I think regular members need to be just as able as premiums to help enforce the law in the SBN.
  12. Crumb_Boi Platinum

XP:
    11,738xp
    i know but sometimes people abuse the power
  13. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

Both type of players will abuse, Premiums and Non-Premiums. Considering the amount of Silvers, Gold and Platinums, there are easily over 500 of them total and atleast 200 will abuse.
  14. FixGoldNameTag Obsidian

XP:
    3,750xp
    /report. There is a way to do that.
    Step 1: Get a recording device or know how to use f2
    Step 2: Find a hacker/spammer.
    Step 3: Record and/or screenshot
    Step 4: Go to Report a hacker/spammer forum.
    Step 5: Upload the video/screenshot
    Step 6: Wait for player to be banned.