1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Enchanter new ability

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Jarool, Apr 29, 2022.

Class Suggestion - Enchanter new ability
?

PANIC?

Good idea! 3 vote(s) 37.5%
I use intensifier 5 vote(s) 62.5%
Yes, with changes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Enchanter's Intensifier sees... very little use. It's quite sad to see this, since it's helpful for you to get xp faster... oh, it only buffs other players. Well, then of course no one uses it!

Instead, I suggest removing it and replacing it with...

PANIC! Keep the lapis for the icon, but now the ability has:
    • 60 second cooldown
    • Ability gives Speed III for 3 seconds (for a very quick burst to run away)
    • Must have 10 levels to use
    • Consumes 5 levels
    This gives the Enchanter an escape without making it a powerful fighting class (ok for catch-up), or to completely escape classes such as Scout, Acrobat, or any bows. It's just a simple change to give it some ability to escape, but with a small cost to it.

Why consume 5 levels? In my eyes, Enchanter shouldn't try to be a pvp class. It WOULD be useful in very few situations, but it should primarily be used to enchant, then to swap off. If people want to use it for pvp, then it's an option, but they have to keep their level up.

2. AnniXpy Regular Member

XP:
    3,382xp
  3. Cupu Platinum

XP:
    3,911xp
    I actually use intensifier lol

With that being said though, I know other people do not use it.

I would actually like to see it cost 10, or even more levels

Mostly because if something is going to called PANIC, I do not want to be constantly chased down by someone with it. Enchanter isn't supposed to be a mobility class, and while I do like the mobility option, I can see it not being used as a PANIC if you're already geared.
  4. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Civilian, Enchanter and Miner shouldn't be given perks that boost combat or mobility directly, utility should be their main goal. Giving enchanter the ability to modify how enchantments work on the player would be better. Smite, Bane of Arthropods, Blast protection are all fairly useless and only serve to waste time and resources of players.

Tinkerer book mechanic should be moved to enchanter. But please remove the undroppable tag, you can just get more from the portal. I never use enchanter's ability, I leave it in the character select menu. Similarly I always leave Wizard spellbook as well, I don't want it but it's undroppable.
    GiveLifeB2Music likes this.
  5. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    My initial thoughts are that PANIC would see as little use as the current intensifier because, commonly, an Enchanter would want to flee a restricted area such as a mine and three seconds of speed would not really give you that fighting chance that you need to get out of the mine when you're being knocked back against a wall. Furthermore, Enchanter's XP level acts as a health buffer when below a health threshold, reducing their XP seems redundant when you consider PANIC is intended as a quick life-saver mechanism.
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    The extra health you get back from the enchanter class does not include Armor in it's calculation. It might include enchantments as I haven't tested that but it's pretty clear that it barely counts for an additional sword swing.