1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion COVID IS OVER?!

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Tobi472, Jan 11, 2022.

Discussion - COVID IS OVER?!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,648,301xp
    This week started great for all anni lovers!
    I just hopped in a game of anni yesterday to find out thats COVID is finally over.
    By now you must think: "What is is on about? Its still going on?!"
    But let me explain:
    On the 14th of March in 2020 shotbow announced via Twitter that they have a 2x xp mulitplier active bcs of COVID. (https://twitter.com/ShotbowNetwork/status/1238886079677292551)
    This was active till the 20th of December 2021. BUT there was not a single word of it ending here or any word at all about the COVID multiplier!
    Instead the current 2x multiplier was upgraded to a 4x holiday one, which was planned to last about 2 weeks. (https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/holiday-gifts.414103/)

WIth common sense I came to the conclusion that we will return to the 2x xp from COVID when the holidays are over.

But as you can clearly see, there is no xp boost anymore.
    So they only logicially assumption to make it that COVID is finally over and we should stop playing on shotbow for the time beeing.

But for real am I the only one thinking this way? Or did I miss something?
    Hvba and soto like this.

2. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    i like how u remember shotbow's policy better than the current active staff, #based
    Tobi472 likes this.
  3. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,648,301xp
    There is not 2 much 2 track. And idk why they denied my application
  4. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    When we started that multiplier, we didn't think COVID would last this long. The multiplier has been active for nearly 2 years, so we thought it was time to deactivate it. However, we’re planning on doing more frequent XP multiplier weekends in the future, incentivizing players to join on frequent 2x XP weekends, for example.
    Hingey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.