1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Reduce Thors Resistance

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by JonnyDvE, Dec 3, 2020.

Suggestion - Reduce Thors Resistance
?

What do you think should happen to Thor?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2020.
Nothing, its a well balanced kit 10 vote(s) 52.6%
Give resistance for a few seconds on using your ability 7 vote(s) 36.8%
Remove resistance completly 2 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
    Thor is arguably the best class right now, with no downsides it has an active ability that deals 5 truedamage every 45 seconds while having permanent resitance, aswell as a knockback axe which is handy in voiding people.
    Resistance makes you take 20%less damage, which translates more or less into having 2 more hearts (with the upside that you actually dont and so regening them is as fast as at normal health)
    If you use your ability in a fight you suddenly have a 60% health advantage which is more than any other class provides aswell has having a lower cooldown than other classes that give direct health advantage (Succubus and Bloodmage with 60 sec)
    Additionally there is no way to resistance for yourself ingame other than a gapple which sets you back 72 Gold for 2 mins of resistance.
    I suggest to either remove resistance completly or give it for a few seconds after using your ability.
    Ivandagiant, Jinnochi and Daviid2009 like this.

2. SoulKazeX Platinum

XP:
    695,395xp
    I would say to wait until the kb change to nerf some classes like thor, right now is op but I dont know if its only because this is a trade hit battle with a non-stop jumping.
  3. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,649,349xp
    I dont get the ppl who step in now and claim that thor is op NOW. This kit has been op since it got resistance. At the start it even had a stonesword and was the only leather kit used. For rushing it got overshadowed by alcemist for a very long time. For mid ppl stayed dump and used scout.

Suddenly many ppl use Thor.

You can say that the meta changed in the good to thor but thats simply wrong.
    The only difference is that we deal way more damage rn which makes everyone die faster but thor is able to reduce more magic damage which makes him less affected to sharpness. Now count in the fact that all the new higher damage (sharpness) is basicially magic damage. Ok that does benefit everyone who has resistance and high PROT.
    This also explain a but why gapples are so effective rn its 5 minutes of resistance not 2 which jonny claimed.
    Thor is a tank and the only way to have the resistance buff other than having beacons or a gapple. It is basicially the budget version of a tank which gets outclassed by everyone who gets a gapple.
    Think of resistance like adding 5 prot values in max. Yes thats indeed very strong and a vanilla 1v1 in euqual gear should almost be won by the one with resistance.

Thor is not op its just the fact that everything else in the game is nerfed to the ground and thor is still untouched. There are still op classes but instead of buffing other mechanics the community just wants nerfs which will end up with civilian beeing the best kit.

Thor is not the problem, gapples were not the problem, ok alchemist was a balance issue but the other 2 would be perfect examples of lazy development which doesnt understand the root of most balance issues rn.
    Thats is: ppl not beeing able to defend. #makeStrenghtgreatagain
  4. Daviid2009 Platinum

XP:
    802,881xp
    "Thor is not op its just the fact that everything else in the game is nerfed" most ironic statement
    Tobi472 likes this.
  5. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
    I bring this up now, because a recent change in the Admin team might finally allow soime change here.
    Tobi472 likes this.
  6. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    According to Meramii, resistance has been buffed due to the 1.16 update. Went from somewhere in the 20% to 30+% in actual "resistance". Nerf it back to ~20% and the class should be fine again. This will also nerf gapples altogether.
  7. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,649,349xp
    thats just a bug. And yes its 30% still its no nerf to gapples.

The only thing we need is str2
  8. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Bloodmage has no similar downsides and has a much more potent active. Thor is fine IMO.
    Mysterious_Seven and Tobi472 like this.
  9. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
    Bloodmage is only more potent on People that are full live, and it has a higher cooldown.
    Also this is still just considering the active, if you take into account that the guy is running around with 12 Hearts anyway its equal healthwise after the first ability but thor still has a lower cooldown AND a higher range
    Tobi472 likes this.
  10. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Lead

XP:
    8,980,143xp
    It's the same 20 % no matter if you play on 1.12.2 or 1.16.3, because Anni runs on a 1.12.2 base.
  11. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    According to actual testing, they seem to claim otherwise. Maybe it used to be lower in 1.9 base update?
  12. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,649,349xp
    get ur facts right. it protects 30% and thats no matter which version u use
  13. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Lead

XP:
    8,980,143xp
    I also did actual testing and there is no difference. Nothing has changed since 1.9.4.

If 2/10 mean 30 % to you, then that's fine. :stuck_out_tongue:
    SryBut_i_have_to likes this.
  14. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,649,349xp
    ok lets do some second grade math problem: I have no armor but Resistance 1. I get hit 10 times with a fist. A normal player would take 10 hp of damage (5hearts). How many hearts do I have remaining after I got hit 10 times? (I am not regenerating through hunger)

The answer is: 6.5 hearts. This means the total damage dealt was 3.5 hearts.

The total damage withput reduction was 5 hearts. 5 times 0.7 (for 30% of resistance) is unsurpringly 3.5 hearts.

You can go ahead and test it yourself. I tested it today with jeti_brothers.
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  15. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
  16. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
  17. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,649,349xp
    wie kann es sein das wir ( alle anderen) dann auf ein anderes Ergebnis kommen? Allem Anschein nach machen wir exakt das gleiche mit unterschieldlichen Ergebnissen?
  18. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Ehh, I disagree. Thor is incredibly easy to use, you get ATLEAST a free 4 heart advantage in every fight. (20% resistance = 12 hearts, ability use = 2 heart damage (or is it 3 now?)). Not to mention the lightning has a very generous AOE, and can be used at any point of a fight, and has a short cooldown.

Compared to bloodmage, where you HAVE to pop the ability when the enemy is full health. That is the only way you will rival thor's damage. If you tag your target with a bow and then use the ability you only get the DOT of the wither.

Compared to succubus, where you get a 2 (or is it 3? I haven't played in months) heart advantage if you can pull off a life drain. But succubus isn't AOE, and has the potential to backfire, AND has a longer cooldown. (You can argue that being able to see enemy health makes up for it, which I agree with. Still doesn't feel as strong as thor though)

Compared to all the other PVP classes, Thor is braindead easy to use and reaps the most benefits. I always use Thor when I plan to fight, it's just so easy to use and so potent

EDIT: Oh wow, I'll admit I didn't read the OP before I replied. I have been calling out how Thor needs to be toned down for over a year now and just jumped into the thread. He made all the same points as me, so this reply is kinda redundant.

Anyway, I really like the idea of resistance only triggering on ability use. You would still get the tankiness when you need it most, and it allows for other players to try and disengage and fight you once your resistance wears off. Adds a new angle to it.
    JonnyDvE likes this.
  19. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,649,349xp

Bloodmage vs Thor:

Bloodmage Corrupt: 2 hearts instant + 3 damage in wither.
    Bloodmage passive: 1 poison damage every 3 hits.

Thats a total of 7 damage from the active and in a 1v1 you might trigger the passive 2 or 3 times if not more.
    Ending at 9 to 10 damage which is equal 4..5 or 5 hearts advantage.

Thor: Hammer: 5 damage
    Thor passive: resistance 1 = 2 hearts

We end up at 4.5 hearts advantage.

The only real difference is that bloodmages kit is not that easy compared to thor but in terms of numbers they are the same.
    Still if we give bothe an gapple the winner is clear.

Yesterday night I had an interesting discovery. At about 9pm my time I had proof of resitance beeing 30%. About 5 hours later jonny sends the proof of resistance beeing 20%. I test it aswell and I also get the 20% result now. For me there is no doubt that it got changed and the bug is fixed.
    JeTi_Brothers and soto like this.
  20. iStackEverygame Platinum

XP:
    1,749,585xp