1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Engineer & Delay blocks

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by soto, Jun 15, 2020.

Discussion - Engineer & Delay blocks
?

Should Delay blocks instantly defuse an Engineer's TNT ?

yes 35 vote(s) 74.5%
no 12 vote(s) 25.5%
  1. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    Hi all & staff,

I'll keep this short & constructive cause i'm lazy.

As we know by now, if a TNT placed by an engineer is placed near a delay block placed by a builder from the other team, the TNT highlights itself making it visible for everyone on that team. This grants that team to locate the TNT and defuse it. In essence, the addition of the highlight was greatly appreciated & needed but personally, I feel like even that is lacking and generally unfair to those who spend hours perfecting their base only to let it get torn to pieces by a couple nuke's.

I strongly urge the staff team to re-consider the idea of delaying blocks to defuse TNT's instantly when placed in its range. This for one, forces the builder to never change its class to keep the base from falling & the engineer will have to find a better spot to blow up a wall. It's quite unfortunate and frustrating to deal with Engineers who tunnel down the ground & place underground TNT's cause they are the most impossible to reach to, highlighted or not. Even if it's above ground, you need people actively near your base to see it and even then, you only have 5-10 seconds to defuse it.

I'm going to leave a poll up there and I want to see how the community feels about how engineer currently operates and if it truly needs a change. As players, we know a lot more and can decisively come up with valid points and not simply rely on how the admin team feels about it alone. There should be a 50/50 community-staff-team input when it comes to game-changing decisions like these.

y'all better VOTE the poll #SignThePetition #ChangeDelayingBlocks #soto4President

2. Sens Platinum

XP:
    2,873,686xp
    Necessary
    soto likes this.
  3. TheLowPlayer Platinum

XP:
    663,376xp
    engineer tnt broken rn, fix needed
    soto likes this.
  4. Spawky Platinum

XP:
    4,135,019xp
    Yeah It seems like a good idea
    soto likes this.
  5. mik4 Guest

XP:
    xp
    I feel like Engineer needs a rework, instead of blowing up walls just, it should blow up delaying blocks only.
  6. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Seems like a good idea. The engineer class right now exists for the sole purpose of just ruining games. It is as you say, you can spend a lot of time building a defense just to see it ruined in a couple of seconds. Can certainly take the fun out of defense games.

Here is an example of our base getting blown up just this afternoon. Do note that I didn't build this defense, I was just in the game messing around and took a screenshot just to have an example. As you can see in the image below, the base became pretty much useless due to 1 single engineer messing with us. It takes several people to counter and fix and it shouldn't be like that imo.

[IMG]
  7. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I couldn't agree more. I tend to play roles like builder or enchanter and just support my team. I find that fun, but there is always that ONE engineer that manages to get his nuke off and I need to spend the next 10 minutes fixing a part of the wall that had about 10 delaying blocks.
  8. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    It's quite unfortunate, I don't build walls myself but I heavily respect people who go out their way trying to build something to help out their team and to see a single kit singlehandedly destroy that using 1 TNT charge & 10 seconds is just upsetting. Hence why this class gets disabled during clanwars, it's just toxic and unnecessary and way too easy to use & hard to counter. Genuinely hope to see it get reworked.
  9. Snaaaap Localizer

XP:
    622,394xp
    true
    soto likes this.
  10. AgentPanda_ Platinum

XP:
    773,691xp
    It's balanced already tbh.. If delaying blocks mark the TNT then it would be nearly impossible for engineers to make a hole in the wall.
    SydneyBogan likes this.
  11. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    Like I’ve already mentioned. You can mark TNT all you want but if that thing is outside your wall under the ground I can promise you the chances of you defusing that thing is slim to none unless you open it from inside the wall. There’s absolutely no way 10 seconds is enough to get to it. Maybe have delaying blocks delay the explosion by 5 additional seconds.
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  12. AgentPanda_ Platinum

XP:
    773,691xp
    Make trenches and add water. ez counter
    SydneyBogan likes this.
  13. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp

In theory that might work but in reality it is way too easy to work around. It's too easy to place the tnt block anywhere were it can actually explode. If you flood your entire wall you pretty much help any invis enemy get in your base without any trouble. Not really a viable solution.
    AttackFromTaiwan and soto like this.
  14. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    I always thought engineer should be about CREATING things, not destroying them.

I think it would be really cool if Engineer could generate prebuilt structures quickly like in Wasted. Or something more advanced like building turrets/traps would also be cool
  15. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I wish we could use redstone, I can think of so many crazy defense systems.
    AttackFromTaiwan and soto like this.
  16. YumiZouma Emerald

XP:
    1,031,743xp
    A wall is an unethical practice. They deserve to be blown up without hesitation.
    AttackFromTaiwan and Ivandagiant like this.
  17. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    I'm telling MrMoose about this
  18. YumiZouma Emerald

XP:
    1,031,743xp
    I didn't see you show any remorse last time you kept trying to blow our wall by crouching underneath in that hamlet map.
  19. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    I was trying to show you the destructive power one kit has on the monstrosity you used to call a "wall"
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  20. YumiZouma Emerald

XP:
    1,031,743xp
    Well, you weren't very convincing cause you kept failing repeatedly. You should do a walls being demolished by engi compilation!
    Paolo_24 likes this.