1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Annihilation Servers Fix

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by WifeAdvice, May 25, 2020.

Suggestion - Annihilation Servers Fix
?

Easy or Complicated Solution?

Easy Solution 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Complicated Solution 3 vote(s) 75.0%
  1. JacksonGrow Platinum

XP:
    996,362xp
    Currently right now if you login and try to join a game, you will see a lot of Annihilation games on-going or in-voting.

Most of these servers are in voting stage. In fact, almost all of them are in a voting stage.

The easy solution: Make servers that have 0/120 expire after 5 or 10 minutes of no one joining. This is a huge waste of server resources and doesn't do anyone good that dead servers are sitting there.

The complicated solution:
    Nobody wants to play these maps. You cannot force someone to play these maps, they have to do it by choice.

The current map rotation organization is very smart, but the flaw is, is that there are way too many Tier 3 maps. To enjoy a map, you have to play it enough to like it. Right now, there are so many to choose from it's almost impossible to reliably play a map over and over to learn it.

This is what the line-up should look like. Give or take one.
    Tier 1:
    Coastal (No Change)

Tier 2:
    Community Favorite
    Community Favorite

Tier 3:
    Randomized Selection
    Randomized Selection

Tier 4:
    New Map

Yes, you read that right. 6 maps per month. This will allow people to have the possibility to learn the maps and learn to enjoy them.
    LoveNeko_0420 likes this.

2. JacksonGrow Platinum

XP:
    996,362xp
    Believe it or not, people will get tired of playing Coastal if it's always there.

-WifeAdvice (NotListed)
    notswipe likes this.
  3. iCybex Silver

XP:
    12,958xp
    Tier 3 or 4 maps will never be played cause every voting there will be at least one tier 1 or 2 map and that one is most likely to get chosen. Even if you have a voting comprised of tier 3 and 4 maps, that's only three maps in total and the fourth one will have to be a tier1/tier2 map which is most likely to be picked. Maybe if you change it to 7-8 maps per month it might be better?
  4. JacksonGrow Platinum

XP:
    996,362xp

Like I said before. People will get tired of playing Coastal or Canyon over and over. I've seen it happen before long ago. Hell, even I got bored of Coastal when it was offered so much. I still believe 6 maps is still the best solution.
  5. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Next time add a "neither" option (not that I don't like either of them, just a tip), ty :wink:
    WifeAdvice likes this.
  6. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    216,380xp
    I think this is better than the current of having like 10+ tier three maps at once but I feel like people will still only play coastal. This plus like bonus xp or something for playing on a new map might work.