1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Battle Pass

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by squallythewally, May 25, 2020.

Suggestion - Battle Pass
  1. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    Anni is losing players because we aren't working towards anything. The stats system means nothing because everybody cheats it, we have all classes (and tbh, they're not exactly a satisfactory reward), the rank system is also meaningless given how unbalanced it is.

So... battle passes. Tried and tested, an integral component to every big title out there in 2020: Warzone, Fortnite, CS operations, even Clash of Clans. They're addictive. A good post explaining the mechanics and success of this progression system can be found here: https://www.gamerefinery.com/whats-the-big-deal-with-battle-pass/

Right, rewards. What do people care about? Well, XP somehow, despite the abundance many players have, is still a nice dopamine hit when you're stacking it. The simplicity of a higher level will also give players something to work for. Scrap the master thingy rank system because it's too slow. We want instant gratification! Do it as numbers 1-100. Literally copy other games because they all copy each other because IT WORKS.

Levelling system:
    This is just an example but the system could work like this:
    Level 1 needs 200 points (equivalent to 200xp without any multipliers), from here on, each level requires 50% more xp. The first 10 levels would go:

Level 1: 200 points | Total 200 points
    Level 2: 300 points | Total 500 points
    Level 3: 450 points | Total 950 points
    Level 4: 675 points | Total 1625 points
    Level 5: 1012 points | Total 2637 points

This might need some work as it increases very quickly but just an example. A better option may be (previous level points) + 50 = new level points.

Reward list refined:
    - XP
    - Pets
    - Kill effects
    - Custom kill messages
    - Particles
    - Balloons

Missions for levelling:
    - Nexus damage e.g. 500 per week
    - Rush kills e.g. 100 per week
    - Def kills e.g. 100 per week
    - Games played e.g. 14 per week
    - Games won e.g. 7 per week

Also get on with it because we need to be hooked before quarantine is over.

Hope you enjoy another honest post. Let me know thoughts.

2. Elacris Platinum

XP:
    718,655xp
  3. Spawky Platinum

XP:
    4,135,603xp
    It actually is a good idea. Because many players get every classes in short time and others already have all classes for years. So it would be good for players will have a goal after unlocking all classes. And I think a change would be great about Master-II, Master-III and Grand Master-I ranks, because they require really high points to reach but the reward is ''None'' :oops: I think that might lower the motivation of players, so maybe a few rewards would be great. :)
  4. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    Quicker levels, fewer rewards, more motivation to play still because more gratification.
    Spark_Warrior likes this.
  5. Varh Obsidian

XP:
    35,757xp
    Great idea! Achievements / Challenges are a new must.
    Led and SquallyTheWally like this.
  6. Spawky Platinum

XP:
    4,135,603xp
    Yeah that's a good option too.
  7. kevory Silver

XP:
    201,194xp
    Quick sidenote: Do you guys think the xp system works well? Almost no other server requires an email just to play the games.,,
  8. Mission Gold

XP:
    203,927xp
    Yeah the system is fine imo. All it takes is a quick /register (email) to start earning xp. You dont even have to put in your real email until you want to redeem ur xp
  9. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    xp system fine, master rank thingy system is bad. replace it with battle pass
  10. Mission Gold

XP:
    203,927xp
    Great post and I agree with most of it, although I think scrapping the ranks entirely might not be the best idea since the Annihilator rank is a hard rnak to get and alot of people who played constantly to get that rank would get fucked. Also, I am not sure if Anni currently has the development power available to start working on progressive updates. Here is what Mistri said when I made a post about bringing back 8v8 - https://prnt.sc/snqshx. I would very much love to see a battle pass sort of thing introduced to anni but I am honestly not gonna get my hopes up for it in the near future
  11. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    Yes their priority list:
    - 1.12.2 base platform
    - Fix current imbalances
    - New stuff
  12. columbians Emerald

XP:
    304,220xp
    I hope it will be free. :D
    RIP_Kobe and SquallyTheWally like this.
  13. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Yes please!
    SquallyTheWally and notswipe like this.
  14. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    Free but maybe with perks for premium i.e. some rewards can only be unlocked at a certain rank level. This would comply with EULA as it's not giving anyone an advantage over others - Hypixel does something similar with their mystery boxes.
    RIP_Kobe, Mission and Wushack like this.
  15. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    maybe turn the premium subcription tag (sub) you can buy for 10$ into a battlepass subscription.
  16. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    probably wouldnt apply to all gamemodes tho
  17. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    - Improved formatting
    - Added example levelling system
    - Added mission examples
  18. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I could see how cool and interesting this could be, but limiting it to Annihilation might not be the healthiest thing to do, since someone who doesn't like Anni and only plays, say, MineZ will be annoyed that there's a bunch of cool cosmetics for a gamemode they don't play or enjoy. A server-wide Battle Pass may be better, but it's also having multiple for each gamemode could work, as long as it's possible that someone could, if they wanted to, do them all (but each one would be a lot more limited and could just be more annoying).

I do like the idea, but Anni is still Shotbow's biggest mode and only giving it love wouldn't be very nice to the players who have supported the server and played MineZ the whole time. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying maybe it should be more network-wide.
  19. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,362xp
    the problem with it being serverwide is that some gamemodes giving different amounts of XP to others, so if the points system was based off this, some players would accelerate their level much faster than others giving them an unfair representation.
  20. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    In this case, split it off of the xp and keep it to milestones only or balance it so that Battle Pass xp is similar between modes (you could look at average xp gains between modes and increase/decrease depending on modes, except DBV because we all know who gets all the xp in those modes). Again, I simply say this because some people ONLY play something like MineZ and see another gamemode get a bunch of cool cosmetics they can't have and just get annoyed.