1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Screenshot Competition - RANK PRIZES!

Discussion in 'The Network' started by notswipe, May 20, 2020.

Other - Screenshot Competition - RANK PRIZES!
  1. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    Hey everybody,

More ranks are up for grabs. This time, reply to this post with a screenie and a story. For those who just want to chat, feel free to reply as well.

This can be about anything, and from any time as long as it is in good taste and was taken while playing on Shotbow. I will choose what I believe to be the coolest, most interesting submissions to receive a rank reward.

PRIZES:
    1st Place - Gold Rank ($50)
    2nd Place - Silver Rank ($25)

If you win and do not wish to take the rank yourself, you can gift the rank to someone else.

Submissions will close 30 May @ 10am EST, looking forward to what you guys have to share. :D

2. Led Gold

XP:
    160,667xp
    Alright, since I have so many old screenshots, I've organized them into 2 Imgur galleries. The first one is my "official" submission with 2 screenshots from 2013. The second gallery features many different meaningful moments and memories from my time spent on the network from 2013 to 2014. Be sure to read the captions! I hope you enjoy!

Official submission: https://imgur.com/a/EGsqMCh
    Memories: https://imgur.com/a/oSQfhkL

-Matt
    Wushack, notswipe and Hollow_Leg like this.
  3. _SealClubber Platinum

XP:
    45,307xp
    [IMG]
    This screenshot was taken on February 21, 2020, and was the celebration of the Imperial Federation (TIF) over the Insurrection (TIN) in the TIN-TIF war of Winter 2019.
    In this photo you can see multiple members of the Federation (with a Typuzer in gold armor) with Simoon’s Songs, Muramasas, and Vampyrs at Fort Erie, which was the Federation’s home base during the war. The war started in late November 2019 after TIN attempted to complete Paluster Shrine, leading to a battle in Paluster. Over the next few months, many massive fights between the two groups would occur. Eventually, TIF would prevail over TIN, with both sides fighting well.
    This photo symbolizes the work put in by all the Federation members in achieving this victory. At this celebration, legendary items were handed out by the Federation leader, Joe. A video of the celebration can be found here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7qBpUJvM80&feature=youtu.be

Account: Zerbia_Depths
    Mistri, Hollow_Leg and notswipe like this.
  4. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    I don't really have many screenshots left (as my original computer burnt itself from the inside), but here's what I got from my current pc

[IMG]
    Winter Lobby 2018. The last screenshot before my inactivity

[IMG]
    Two totally legit kills in the normal MineZ never. Just ignore the fact that it's an event and my story here is believable

[IMG]
    A little Night's Watch party in the underground of The Night's Watch HQ. Many of us were there, as well as some other friends. Most likely from a recruitment run, but not 100% sure

All of those above screenshots were disconnected from each other, but the following four are all on the same day, and part of the same adventure.
    On this day, The Night's Watch was having a ranging to go do the Thieves Guild dungeon at Lost Castle, which we completed, albeit with some casualties (including me). After the ranging was over some of us decided that we would go kill some giants. One of the Watch's newest recruits at the time (wiskerz33), was basically completely new to the game, and wanted to see a giant for themselves. And so Autumn, wiskerz, Wightie, and I set off for the canyons.

[IMG]
    I call this piece "Interception". Not too relevant to our giant slaying, but I just find it kinda funny.

[IMG]
    After a while of traveling, we had finally made it to the canyon floor. This screenshot also doesn't have too much relevance to our quest, but it was the first time that I had seen it (I usually travel on the canyon ridges)

[IMG]
    Finally, after our second kill we get the coveted item, which I thought was going to take a bit longer. At this point our food supplies were getting a bit low, so we decided to head to the nearby Eillom to restock...

[IMG]
    And then this. F in the chat for wiskerz. We ran into a guy called NotCopyrighted here in a completely unrelated incident, to whom WIghtie gave chase. Autumn remembered to get the d-sword for later (something I completely forgot about), and then we logged off before a horde of players came at us.
    Thus ends the story of wiskerz33, who I've never heard from again.
    Also I apologize for these last two being screenshots of a recording.

[IMG]

And now for another unorthodox screenshot: the Shoutbox regulars. I'm just including this because of nostalgia, really. Feel like there should be a few more names on that list though
    notswipe and TrueTail like this.
  5. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    I have a few screenshots saved that I could share.

My first clear of Anemos Sanctum from I believe back in 2015 or 2016:
    [IMG]

10000 water bottle drinks achievement, featuring some random from Al Hasa:
    [IMG]

Abusing the video game in 2016 to get 100k+ kills in one life. Streak remains on the leaderboards at 135k.
    [IMG]

The most stacked inventory I've gotten from looting the DCS loot room. The potion and chestpiece legendaries are on the right.
    [IMG]

And finally, building a giant L for Lineage with the Annihilation boys.
    [IMG]

(If I win, I'll give the prize away to some person that knows me.)
    Hollow_Leg and notswipe like this.
  6. Trugo Regular Member

XP:
    66,311xp
    This is my proudest moment of about an hour's worth of grinding: [IMG]

Here is link also if it does not work: https://imgur.com/gallery/YuW7c7K

Orignally inspired by https://www.reddit.com/r/MineZ/comments/gibhlj/finally_did_it/ and I took it a step further seeing that I could take it a step more. I thought sub 20 was impossible, but it was mostly the fact that you have to run and jump at the right times on the wack tree.

I started the timer as soon as I loaded into the MineZ spawn. You have to line up your shot with the grapple at times but otherwise its a run and gun thing.
  7. columbians Emerald

XP:
    304,220xp
    Canyocean

created by -Shrk Team
    [IMG]

for incase
    here
    Led, Varh, Hollow_Leg and 1 other person like this.
  8. emeily Regular Member

XP:
    9,497xp
    I want to give my friend the rank iff I win :)
    IGN: BR4M1
  9. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
  10. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    You gotta submit a screenie
  11. Upside_Down Regular Member

XP:
    15,773xp
    Sadly this is the only old screen I could find, since I have a new pc.

Anyways, this is a picture of me and Jesse hanging around in the old GG lobby right after we hosted a GG event.

Ign: Upside_Down

[IMG]
  12. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp
    First image is of the foxes, back when it blew up.
    Second image is of one of the first Shotbow lobbies, I think around 2014 or 2015? Not too sure when honestly.
    Third image is around Eillom when the MineZ map glitched out. Used to happen often actually.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Led, Hollow_Leg and notswipe like this.
  13. TacoRatLeo Platinum

XP:
    4,760xp
    Self explanatory pic of me farming 5k zombie kills at OG Medusa Lake with pigman in 2013. I'd like to think I discovered this 5k method first and I shared this location with a few people in the past too. c:
    [IMG]
    This second one is not my pic but I'm in it all the way to the left. I believe this pic was right before one of the first few Suicide Saturdays and it was at the desert oasis. Honestly miss this group although I didn't interact much with them at the time. #ChaosX
    [IMG]

On a side note looking at this post made me look at whatever old stuff I had on the forums to try and dig up old memories. Now I want to go back in time and slap my 13 year old self.
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  14. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp

I can relate to that somewhat
    TacoRatLeo likes this.
  15. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    can't we all mate, can't we all. looking at some of my older posts makes me want to puke in my mouth
    Hollow_Leg and TacoRatLeo like this.
  16. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

These are just a few screenshots taken while working on the MineZ movie, sadly not many of these were used. They were used more so for concept artwork if anything, was fun playing around with shaders to take these shots I think they all came out amazing. I especially love the one taken in Grimdale of the enchantment table (or lore tablet as they were referred to in the movie). It's nothing amazing, but getting the ray of light coming through the window onto the table was a neat effect.

Would be really could to see how some MineZ locations would look if ray tracing is ever implemented into Minecraft, but for now the shaders do a pretty good job. Not sure who I would give the rank too if I win, but if I do win I'll find someone worthwhile to give it too.
    Led and Hollow_Leg like this.
  17. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    2 days left for submissions! Send in your pics and a story for a chance at gold or silver rank. Will be judged by Mistri and I!
    Led likes this.
  18. FadingGeneral Platinum

XP:
    313,988xp
    This screenshot was taken when When in Rogue originally came out. If you killed the zombie/skeleton NPCs they'd have a chance to spawn with armor sometimes. Seeing them in leather or gold armor was common, but when I saw this zombie in full diamond armor I knew I probably wouldn't see this again, so I decided to take a screenshot:
    [IMG]

I don't remember much about the event that took place in the screenshot, but found it memorable how the event host, Majicou, ended off the event:
    [IMG]

As with some of the others here, I also don't know yet who I'd give the prize to if I won one of them.
  19. emeily Regular Member

XP:
    9,497xp
    I wanna give my friend rank
    IGN: 01Bram[IMG]
  20. Jagram Platinum

XP:
    6,757xp
    Oh the memories :D