1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Dentril's New Moon May 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, May 1, 2020.

Dentril's New Moon May 2020
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    日本語版

Letter from the Lead

Hey folks! Mistri here — if you haven't already noticed, I'm happy to announce that I'll be taking over as Network Lead in place of Murgatron after his recent retirement. Murgatron was an amazing Network Lead for over 2 years, and I'll try my hardest to live up to the standard of what he has done for Shotbow.

What is a "Network Lead", you ask? Essentially, Network Lead is responsible for taking care of stuff ranging from the support email and rank upgrades to assisting the various teams behind-the-scenes to come up with a business strategy and direction for the network. I'll be working closely with HighlifeTTU, Doc, and Navarr, who are also on the Network Leadership team, to carry out these tasks and ensure that Shotbow is going in the right direction.

Prior to being Network Lead, I was also the Public Relations Lead and Community Manager, and I intend to continue these roles. One of my largest goals as Network Lead is to ensure that your voice is heard — without the players, Shotbow wouldn't exist, and we're thankful for you. If you ever feel like you need to bring up something that you can't bring up on the forums, Discord, or elsewhere, I'm always happy to receive a private message on the forums or Discord.

Enough about me — let's hear about Shotbow! Over the last two months, I've been incredibly excited to see Shotbow's re-growth. With that, I enthusiastically present to you: Dentril's New Moon for May 2020. Cheers!

[IMG]

Updates
    Network Updates
    This month, we had some database maintenance, where we were able to clean up our internal systems to ensure expandability in the future. This was followed by a 24-hour period of 4x XP — but we still have 2x XP during the COVID pandemic, so be sure to rack up that XP now!

When in Rogue Updates
    Surprise! When in Rogue is back, baby! Last weekend, we announced that When in Rogue is now functional on 1.12.2, with tons of new additions since you last saw it. You can find the Alpha Preview Weekend #1 announcement here.

If you've never played When in Rogue before, give it a try — we'll have more Alpha Preview Weekends in the coming weeks and months, including this weekend! You can find information about the second Alpha Preview Weekend here.

Annihilation Updates
    Annihilation 2.5.0 and 2.6.0 were released this month, with tons of awesome gameplay changes, balance tweaks, and bugfixes. You can read about 2.5.0 (nerdily named Optimistic Hydrogen) here, and 2.6.0 (Kind Zinc) here.

Finally, the community-run Annihilation Clan War has continued, with matches #2 and #3 (with #4 scheduled for upload soon). You can view match #2 here:

And match #3 here:

MineZ Updates
    MineZ: Our Story, an 11-episode series that tells the story of MineZ's history, was announced a few weeks ago. An episode was posted each day, until yesterday, when the finale was premiered. You can view the full list of episodes, as well as an explanation of the series, on our announcement thread here.

In addition, our developers have been working hard to fix tons of bugs and add new features to the MineZ 1.12.2 PTR. A changelog is posted in the #network-announcements channel of the Discord. Please continue to post your bugs and feedback in the feedback thread, found here.

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The spring season ends soon, so be sure to climb up the leaderboards for ranked matches! Current standings are:
    • 1st - Daggez with 1200 ELO
    • 2nd - jiren74 with 1185 ELO
    • 3rd - Yesus42 with 1170 ELO
    Network in General
    Staff updates:
    • Mistri was promoted to Network Lead
    • 97WaterPolo re-joined the Jr. Developer team
    • Mistri joined the Jr. Developer team
    • windex_07 was promoted to Localization Lead
    • JACOBSMILE rejoined the full-admin team
    • ACrispyTortilla and Suitaso were promoted to Full Builder
    • ArsMagia joined the Web Mod team
    • Raku2316 joined the team as a Japanese Forum Helper
    Other statistics:
    • A total of 235,520,964 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 3,489 players banned in the last month
    • This month we achieved a peak playercount of 805 on April 19
    • 223 ban appeals were resolved in the last month
    • 13,533 in-game reports were resolved in the last month
    Player Peak
    In last month's edition of Dentril's New Moon, we promised that we'd do a Platinum rank giveaway if we hit 750 players online — and you guys got us to 805 players! As promised, the giveaway was posted here and it ends tomorrow!

This month, if we can hit over 900 players online at one time, we will do another giveaway on our Twitter! This time, we'll be giving 10 lucky winners a 1-month subscriber package.

What can I do to help?
    Play on Shotbow! During the COVID-19 outbreak, it's important to stay indoors to avoid spread of the virus — so invite your friends, and invite their friends too! Heck, make friends and invite them to Shotbow! Spread the word about our amazing games, and in return we'll work as hard as we can to make your experience the best it can possibly be. :)

Closing Words
    That was one heck of a newsletter! There's a ton more going on behind the scenes that will be released in the next few weeks, so stay tuned on our forums, Discord, and Twitter!

I hope you enjoyed reading this newsletter as much as I enjoyed writing it! As always, comments are appreciated. I'm your host, Mistri — thanks for flying Shotbow!
    Andrew_64_MC, Roquel, Outra and 14 others like this.

2. Mission Gold

XP:
    203,927xp
    Congrats Mistri!
    Fluffoon and Mistri like this.
  3. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    Wasn't Tatre promoted this month?
  4. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Nah, that was in last month's DNM:
  5. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

oh wow already? Time sure flies
    Mistri likes this.
  6. Carrying Obsidian

XP:
    131,329xp
    they forgot tatre :lmao:
  7. Runkelpokk Platinum

XP:
    581,668xp
    any news about mta ?
  8. SupremeGustice Platinum

XP:
    31,671xp
    Congrats! Any news about fixing the wiki? Nobody responded to my post about it and it's hard to play MineZ/ a new Annihilation map without it. I'm considering quitting MineZ after not a single person responded to my post.
  9. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Read the Discord announcements channel:
    [IMG]
    Meme_MC likes this.
  10. SupremeGustice Platinum

XP:
    31,671xp

Thanks, I don't really use Discord.
  11. MilkeeW Platinum

XP:
    722,259xp
    Glad to see the player peak rising each month. Keep up the good work!
    Mistri likes this.
  12. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp