1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Is wasted ever going to happeN?

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by romangeeks, Feb 2, 2020.

Discussion - Is wasted ever going to happeN?
  1. romangeeks Gold

XP:
    21,696xp
    5 year promise! Where is wasted guys?

Anyone also remember me? :lmao:
    RambamRevolution likes this.

2. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Wasted is, unfortunately, but honestly, buried with the rest of Shotbow's best intentions: beneath volunteer availability, cheaters/DOS attackers, maintenance, utilities, host migrations... I regret having ever promised time frames. Circumstances change out from under you, and instead of working on the game you joined over 4 years ago to revive, you're needed to work on everything but.

The situation currently stands that I am 100% occupied with the last year of university. That lasts until March, when a bit more time frees up. Then in June, I am done, and free to devote my time as I see fit. Its always been my intention to work on Wasted whenever I could, but frankly I would be surprised if something else doesn't come up in the meantime. The situation is disappointing for you guys, its demoralizing for me.
  3. romangeeks Gold

XP:
    21,696xp
    Feels crazy man because I remember this server had over 5000 people at one point, and now it seems the server can barely pull 200 people sometimes. Would you think its fair to conclude Wasted will never happen and the gamemode should rest in peace?
  4. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Until Shotbow shuts down or I retire, I will never say Wasted is dead. Dodgeball was an intermediate project, and some of its code could easily serve as a base for Wasted (I have a large Wasted project already in development). Its all a factor of time.
    RambamRevolution and Runkelpokk like this.
  5. shyvha Gold

XP:
    25,918xp
    It would be incredibly useful both to shotbow and old players to have access to some kind of "Garage Games" lobby, open to veteran players that know Shotbow well since release , both for testing purpose and nostalgia purposes.
    I barely post (that might actually be my first post, no idea) but god knows how long I've been playing shotbow; I joined in 1.3 or so, didn't know about shotbow, only had the mineZ ip and was enjoying it, even with my async connection which sucked and made me lag and rage, hell, I never went to Axis Mundi or even the mushroom isle (yes, that's a shame and i'll make it change soon :) ) and often stayed and died in portsouth. And when I accidentally got kicked to the lobby due to a reboot , I was really amazed. (Logout kicked you from MineZ at the time, iirc). The lobby was really simple though, it was just a straight corridor with a black floor and stone bricks ,yet enough to amaze me. When In Rogue amazed me. That Minez 2.0 demo with guns amazed me. The beta Minez 2 amazed me, GunGame amazed me, Wasted amazed me, That CTF game amazed me, Ghost amazed me , TRON amazed me, Mob Slaughter amazed me, VOID amazes me now , that civilization game with buildings ,gold , and stuff amazed me, and Smash also amazed me ; the only thing I didn't like at the time was the hardcore factions thing. When annihilation came out it amazed me; same with mta; basically, anything you guys pulled out was incredible ideas. And the maps. The sheer size of the map was a reason to play, you didn't feel constrained to following a path of gravel to go to a city in MineZ, same with Wasted; I'd spend hours of building giant wasted forts!
    They're all unique in ways that are impossible to find on other servers. The speed of the zombies was that small thing that no other servers had, adding difficulty that was like a quirk, a reminder that you were playing on Shotbow, was it the EU or US instance.
    I'd pay solid gold bars to play one of those games, now "celebrating" their anniversary in that lonely garage.
    Honestly, I think most old players don't mind it's a WIP and has broken features or whatnot and the game is unplayable, nostalgia is nostalgia, broken or not; even if that Mosin Nagant lags and breaks and has the most horrible ,broken aiming, I don't care, I'm taking it and going to (i think it was) Liberty Prison to gang up with people and shoot down people on pigs and chickens with it, probably dying in the process.
    If I had the time (and now I kind of, with all the panic), I'd learn java , apply in the shotbow team and work days on those games to get them out of the garage.
    Right now, Annihilation is the last bastion of hope that Shotbow has left; If I dare say, an Axis Mundi with a faint glow of magic left.
    I hope that one day, Shotbow wakes and revives , shining of a thousand players like it once did.
    I'll be here till the end, even if I never post here.
  6. rasmus_tiger0622 Platinum

XP:
    108,058xp

This guy knows whats up and im on your side until the end!!!
    Runkelpokk likes this.
  7. zorbon56 Silver

XP:
    116,009xp
    I think what the devs fail to understand is that Wasted will bring back a lot of old and new players. Back in the day wasted was one of the most popular games on the shotbow network until annihilation took over. Wasted was a very simple game mode that you could dedicate any amount of time into and still have a load of fun playing it, especially with friends. Annihilation will not last this server forever and hopefully Wasted will be revived before that happens.
  8. zorbon56 Silver

XP:
    116,009xp
    Roman I remember your name!!
    Feels good to see someone I used to see in game all of the time.
  9. romangeeks Gold

XP:
    21,696xp
    I remember you. Add me on Discord: Issa Knif-F#0058

Let's talk
  10. kholdstare66 Regular Member

XP:
    6,551xp
    It's been quite a few years Roman. I'm jiblets7 / kholdstare66
  11. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    I had a word with my contacts at NASA, who showed me the data from their weather surveillance satellites as well radar data compiled and put into multiple models. All six models predict that control has a 90% of coming back to shotbow as a public gamemode.
  12. romangeeks Gold

XP:
    21,696xp
    we revived a dead thread lol
  13. RambamRevolution Platinum

XP:
    140,342xp
    they should open source the code
  14. Ouriceira Regular Member

XP:
    15,033xp
    Wasted was my only true love, it not coming back makes me not want to come back either.
    I think RambamRevolution is right when he says you guys should just open the source code, you're gatekeeping the best gamemode I've ever played for no good enough reason....
  15. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    We're running playtests on Wasted: Control (one of the original 3 Wasted gamemodes) every other week; rewritten and modernized.
    TheSavagePanda likes this.