1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix DISABLE Gate Stones on Spookfest Server

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Eliptix, Oct 6, 2019.

No Prefix - DISABLE Gate Stones on Spookfest Server
  1. Eliptix Regular Member

XP:
    195,165xp
    Multiple dungeon groups of 7+ people with an endless supply of gate stones have been getting all of the spookfest chests so far, and will continue to until this is disabled. How did you guys not think about this? This is easier than alting for these people. Teleporting DIRECTLY to the chest every time completely ruins it for everyone that isnt in a dungeon group, so 90% of people.

2. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    Do you have any idea how hard we worked to get our gate stones? And you call it easy? To get them you need to complete multiple elite dungeons just for a chance to complete path of light, which in itself is very difficult.

As for teleporting, each gate has four random choices to teleport around the map, so it usually takes two uses just to get near the desired location. Even after you get to the gate closest to the location you want to go to, you need to run to it, often around 1000 blocks, as the gates are spread far apart.
  3. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    Um, actually no. It is easy. Once you get Dusk Frag you can farm the hell out of them at Path of Light using the PvE server's lack of an NPC in order to survive just by disconnecting. You can get an inventory of them by abusing this, which is exactly what you've done.
  4. ohxd Silver

XP:
    39,193xp
    I've only done path of light before origins, I've never gotten a gate stone for myself. I can say that my team now knows about this exploit and, unless bannable, will be using it in the future. Thank you.
  5. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    lol, they knew about it before and have been abusing it. You're not slick bud.
  6. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    Anyone dedicated to the game can get gatestones, first there was no use of gatestonesn then we found a way to use it and now its to ''OP" lol.
  7. BurnedApplePie Platinum

XP:
    156,588xp
    can people who havent done a dungeon in their life stop talking about dungeons like theyre the second incarnation of plusouplus
    plusouplus and ohxd like this.
  8. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Bruh fox really just out here admitting to cheating lmao
    1999rocks and walterberryfinn like this.
  9. BurnedApplePie Platinum

XP:
    156,588xp
    connor look at my latest comment
    Monster_Bug likes this.
  10. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    See this thread demonstrates a fun double standard of the community's expectations to both engage in the server events but not engage in the server events at the same time. Dungeoneers who have practiced and routined on these elite dungeons, and by legitimate means, have gotten themselves these endgame items that, and I need to emphasize this, Were intentionally added as a game mechanic to be used in the legitimate ways they are being used now, are expected then to not put their things to practical use in the end-all-be-all of this engagament because "not everyone has access to it."

No, you do have access to it, you can get your own gate stones and use the fast travel mechanic, you just have to work for it when you and 95% of this running community decide that this game's only interesting facet is "pvp". You're not engaging with the entirety of the game, and as such it is your own fault and downfall for not having the ability to employ the strategy yourself. You still can, though, if shrine and path of light is beatable by one group of people on public servers with no help given, it certainly is beatable be any other group who decides to engage in the content, learn the dungeon, and put the work in.
  11. plusouplus Ruby

XP:
    2,080,477xp
  12. Saviour Regular Member

XP:
    12,051xp
    yea i bet there was alot of risk to completing the dungeon on pve lul
    Smartz_ and 1999rocks like this.
  13. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    nice lies. they weren't obtained by legitimate means, therefore everything you just said was invalidated. keep abusing and calling it fair
  14. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    are you seriously going to act like only you and your discord are the only ones that have done dungeons? Lol
  15. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    I want you to try any dungeon on a non premium account with a group of friends on non premium accounts and get to path of light and then tell me it's not legitimate, because I can guarentee to you that these are first, possible, and second, "legitimate" as in not on pve, given I didn't have premium on any of my accounts for over a year and have still completed path multiple times. Since there were no mechanical changes to the dungeon since the introduction of Gate Stones, not including the change to zombie aggro, these are entirely legitimate means of getting them, and you as well can also get yourself one of these coveted gate stones today, right now even, instead of whining at the people who spent their time doing it over and over again because...they're not lazy? Bad at the game? Either way, it's entirely fair, you just don't have one so you're complaining. End of story.
    Unhinge likes this.
  16. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    I don't even want a "gate stone" lol. I really don't care and I'm not going to go abuse pve and the game to get them. It's just crazy that you think cheating by basically duping gate stones on pve is perfectly okay and then you write two full paragraphs of useless information that isn't relevant to that fact.
    OneZedArmy and cyclone_43 like this.
  17. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    1999rocks,

Your thought of us "cheating" the item by putting in effort to get more and then use them (even if it's on pve which is some god given privilege for the people who donate) is my thought of your lack of interest in going though the motions and then complaining. But hey, I naturally type a lot to make things clear, and if my big detailed paragraphs dont provide any train of thought or warrant to the claim that it's "cheating" and we're just supposed to believe that without any backup, then let the admins do something about the community's lack of will to do anything else on this server. It's not uncommon to think that certain balances should adhere to "the player's will" which, in this case, is a lack of involvement in dungeoneering. Do you even read your sentences before you post them?
  18. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    I don't think you even know what you're talking about. try to stay on topic so when you type things they actually are readable to people that aren't you. I'm done talking to you, you don't possess the capability to listen.
    Sevadra likes this.
  19. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    Oh I do, believe me I do. A number of other people also know what I'm talking about, and it is completely relevant to the conversation at hand for multiple reasons: I relate the conversation of disabling gatestones to the effort given to obtain a gatestone; the lack of npc's on pve is definitely a bit of an edge to doing the task but given how it's been structured and implemented (intentionally), is completely legitimate by definition; and, you've not provided any reason it isn't, and cannot provide any reason it isnt. Please formulate an argument and give valid warrant to your claim before debating; that's how debate works.

As for listening to people, I listen to people who make good points and back them up well. Don't say something empty like "they're cheating" and not provide a train of thought as to how, and expect me to take you seriously.
  20. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    https://gyazo.com/78ab4a9ee7c517b93d342aabf6ede18b
    It has been stated that players are not going to be punished for this bug, and that gatestones are not going to be disabled. While I agree that its not a great thing to do to abuse bugs, theres no real way to prove that its been used without recorded evidence so accusations really don't mean much.
    If you think the gatestones are OP, then get one for yourself. If you are only opposed to them because of the ways they were supposedly aquired, it does not appear that anything will be done about it.
    Also, if people have evidence of bug abuse, that means a whole lot more than accusations. Being involved in no groups involved, that's my stance on this issue.
    ohxd likes this.