1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix RANKS

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by OPbeastOP, Jul 9, 2019.

No Prefix - RANKS
  1. badderz Platinum

XP:
    72,594xp
    right so, since you admins have changed our ranks privileges im writing to wonder if we can have our money back, because i think its unfair that i paid 100 dollars for my rank to be waiting in a queue its really annoying, and i want to have my money back my 100 dollars back because i dont need the rank anymore.

2. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp
    No refunds
  3. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I think this belongs elsewhere.
  4. Gale Gold

XP:
    99,802xp
    Have fun being 5th in queue then. Premium actually helps out quite a bit with the queue...
    zoomninja3000 likes this.
  5. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    When did you get your rank? Also, you do realize it is a donation right? You shouldn't expect anything in return. It is also absurd of you to be asking for a refund now as the change was made in the past. That's like eating over half your meal at a restaurant and expecting a refund.

You are delusional if you think you are going to be getting a refund
  6. badderz Platinum

XP:
    72,594xp

alright mate calm down, i was only tryna find out
  7. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    The only way to get your money back would be via chargeback, but it's a pretty scummy thing to do. You'd be costing Shotbow money and you'd get yourself permanently banned. All in all, not worth it. You made a purchase, and just like if you were to buy a kitchen tool, you can't return it when you decide you're done with it.

This is Shotbow. They're a business, not a rental service.
  8. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,648,301xp
    This question has been asked serval times. No, you wasted money in a dead game gj
  9. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    I wish there was proof this "donation" is actually a donation. The playercount has declined over the years but the money raised keeps going up. It also makes sense to add some sort of gift in return to attract more people to "donate". A simple gift like in slaughter when you buy a piece of leather it changes to the color of ur rank. Nothing big but still something :/ i guess the blue tag is also appealing :?? but I hope i dont regret buying for this server
  10. YUMMiR Platinum

XP:
    194,558xp
    so this is what communism feels like...
  11. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Navarr actually corrected me on Discord and said "nothing is considered a donation"

I could have sworn seeing staff members say that it is basically a donation before, but it has been so long now I doubt I'll be able to find it.

So yeah you guys actually are entitled to things since nothing is considered a donation.
    ACringyWeeb likes this.
  12. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    This isn't a donation. You bought a rank. You purchased perks. A donation is when you give and receive nothing in return.
  13. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    cool we are focusing on english matters when you still havent answered my main point. also, definition of donation: something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money or the action of donating something never said anything about not receiving anything in return. Buying a rank for the server still counts as a donation. Giving clothes to a homeless shelter and getting idk a coupon is still considered a donation. But since you clearly just skipped the rest of what i wrote we can discuss whether or not i should take an extra english course in a different chat.

I can kind of see your point though. It's not really a donation. Here, I made this short article.
    Headline: "It's not a donation"
    My Ted Talk:
    We just collect all the money that is not donated from our players and use the money for um sorry i cant tell you

lol i just lost two braincells
    Ivandagiant likes this.
  14. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    The proof of purchase is that the server is still online. Same with the forums. Congratulations, you're bitching on the very same platform you helped keep online! That is your proof of purchase.

Shotbow doesn't pay their Developers. This is a volunteer gig.
  15. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    nah not bitching just tired of the all the shit that shotbow somehow is capable of having. i think it's fair i get to snark about how you literally just saw the words "donation" and come at me for no reason. I actually had fun writing that. yes i respect the developers and all the time and effort (cough jesse) they put into this game. Technically speaking if the devs dont get paid, that would mean more money towards the network? I mean since there has been tedious changes might as well pay them. Shotbow has kept this network up for 7 years now and it would be cool to see it up for another 7 years which is probably not going to happen if they keep it up like this.
  16. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    You had mentioned that the money raised has been going up. Can you link me your source? I want to do some further research before I counter your argument.