1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ Alternate Account Policy Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Marine_PvP, Jun 12, 2019.

MineZ - Alternate Account Policy Update | Page 4
  1. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    lmao that's a chuckle from me. like seriously who asked for this and aren't there better problems to be fixing right now? "Banning" alts was the last "bug" or "issue" on my mind right now. Also why waste time hunting down alts when there are hackers out and about
    HeroLonely, Clip, cyclone_43 and 2 others like this.

2. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    what a phenomenal gaming experience
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  3. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    Personally I like this change, but considering how wildly unpopular this decision is, in the face of the last seven years and established practice by the community, this decision should be reconsidered for the health of the community.
  4. silverbackconnor Regular Member

XP:
    219,692xp
    Unfortunately, it never will. Simply because most admins are too stuck up in what they think the game needs. Listening to the community is a lower priority to them than anything. It’s unfortunate the people making decisions don’t even actively play.
    Hingey, ACringyWeeb, Tozzu and 4 others like this.
  5. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    We do have to consider they may want to remove parts of the community as well, or not care about keeping those communities around. It's a hard truth to face.
    HeroLonely and Sacrificial like this.
  6. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp

According to a discussion I had in DB chat it gets worse, apparently alt banning entirely is something that the MineZ team is going to take a look at down the road.
  7. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Seriously though, I feel as if Shotbow ignores the fact that alternate accounts make up half of their playerbase
  8. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    Shotbow staff somehow manages to do a good update and people want to nuke it, please don't listen to the premium community for once. Shotbow needs to cater to the new players by making the game more fair and inviting, things like the rework of that awful lobby was a step in the right direction as is rebuilding horrid towns and structures that give an image of being in an outdated server, and this update as well on the PvP aspect by reasons already explained in other posts.

If you succumb to the pressure of people who only lobby for their interests and not if the update would be a good thing for MineZ as a whole, the same ones who don't know that not focusing on new players has been one of the main reasons why Shotbow's playerbase has declined that much while excusing with "Minecraft is dying", it's going to be entirely your fault.
    GJrocks09, Mohawk2, Tannatron and 4 others like this.
  9. walaver0808 Platinum

XP:
    151,852xp
    May I ask a question?
    sometimes, I play with brothers on the same IP address. Are we get it ?
    And this rule is a little complex ... for me, so,I'm glad if you translate for japanese.
    Let me apologize for my poor English. And thanks for the thrilling game.
  10. MarineAP Obsidian

XP:
    543,386xp
    Yes, that is allowed, as long as both of you follow the rules. Japanese translation will be posted when the Japanese localization team finishes the translation
    walaver0808 likes this.
  11. Clip Regular Member

XP:
    14,053xp
    I dont think you are quite grasping what is going on here. Are you saying that "combat alts" are preventing new player growth? If anything you should be against this new policy as it will probably take up more of the admins time. Making it harder for them to cater towards people reporting players breaking the rules, or players that get stuck in blocks. If a new player gets stuck in 2x1 hole and cant get an admins help they are very unlikely to log back in. Aswell as that how will they get an admins help, I mean the forums arent exactly "new player" friendly. I have a friend who has been playing since 2014 and pvps everday, and I had to literally screenshare him on Discord and show him how to post a ban appeal. So the likely hood of a brand new player who has no idea how to do anything has an extremely low probability of stumbling across the "Stuck in a Block" forum post. Anyways, if a new player does join the server, they hardly have a clue about "combat alts". The alt problem is up north, which new players will hardly get too. And if they do they will be in leather. I guarantee they are not going to have to worry about combat alts.
    111kittycat111 and Pirate_Ship like this.
  12. 1999rocks Platinum

XP:
    99,404xp
    Not enforceable = Waste of everyone's time

Few words on the forum, that's about it it seems.
  13. Pirate_Ship Regular Member

XP:
    43,342xp

If that is true that will kill the game.
    Agypagy likes this.
  14. Pirate_Ship Regular Member

XP:
    43,342xp

Solo dungeoneers are a scourge on the game and they must be irradiated at all costs.

In all seriousness, who the fuck complained about people using alts for dungeons.
    ccbas, jinl3e and cyclone_43 like this.
  15. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    Ikr, combat alts were broke as shit, we litterally pioneered it, but dungeons? Really?
    ccbas, jinl3e and Pirate_Ship like this.
  16. Pirate_Ship Regular Member

XP:
    43,342xp
    I would say industrialized not pioneered
    cyclone_43 likes this.
  17. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    Fair enough 65 god invs later....
  18. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp