1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Update Spring Update - testing

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, Feb 23, 2019.

Update - Spring Update - testing | Page 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    So scout with acrobat jump cooldown on the pole would be a tad over nerfed but it would still be viable for running away because the pole gets more distance than the acro jump (would depend on the map and area which one is better. If theres nothing to jump on scout would be better to get distance right away. Or pole a spot and run the other way then fly back).

But like a 5-7s cooldown def wouldn't break the kit. Idk what acrobat is havnet used it since playing guildcraft years ago when I had it. But as long as scout cooldown was lower than acro it would be very viable.

I dont want scout to be garbage I just dont want it to blow everything else out of the water on mobility. Even a 5s cooldown would be nice compared to the current. and then they could see if its good or op or bad from there.
    Hingey and ChickenMac7 like this.

2. Anjumac Platinum

XP:
    483,564xp
    Scout only takes 50% fall damage when holding a grapple. I feel like scout needs a 5 second cool down on the grapple.
    Hingey and LegitHunkinBoi like this.
  3. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    Murg,

Do you have an idea of when you're planning on releasing the tweaks to the public servers?
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    There have been several delays to the update due to last minute bugs being found - last thing we want to do is release this update which causes further frustration (example bug would be arrows not going through teammates!).

The update will not roll this weekend as to give Gold Rush a fair chance. I would expect shortly after that :)
  5. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    Is ninja being buffed in the next update? Because there was a ninja buff suggestion thread a while ago if you are.
    Hingey and ChickenMac7 like this.
  6. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    Perfect, that's good to hear!

Is there anything being done towards bats flying into the nexus area? This kinda makes it useless to build defense's...
    Hingey and Tobi472 like this.
  7. Nllgata Regular Member

XP:
    15,021xp
    Transform will also have a cooldown by 15sec when is returned into a man by Blightness
  8. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Why can't the staff team post proposed plans for the community to comment on and maybe add to? It seems like you guys commit to your own plans and then don't feel like changing them after backlash because the work is already done. Shotbow always talking about transparency and community involvement I think that would be a step towards shotbows goal.
  9. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
  10. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    This is what we are doing effectively by testing mechanics like this on the sandbox and asking for feedback on the forums.In addition to this myself and several other members of the staff team visit the forums daily and respond to threads about ideas for tweaks to the mode that we feel warrant further discussion.

Even on threads that we don't think an idea will take off, such as this one, we give feedback as to why. This thread's discussion is now beginning to talk about implementing Elytra's with respect to vampire to address some feedback from the community about issues they have with that class.

As with any change we've got to make a balance between discussing it with a vocal minority of our playerbase versus implementing changes for the betterment of the mode, even against the active gamemode's forum community's wishes of the game. A good example of this when we asked about 1.9 enchanting change but in the end removed it:

How we try to update Annihilation is a combination and mix of approaches, often with mixed results even from the same approaches. But we will always consider player feedback, it just doesn't mean we'll necessarily agree or implement changes. Changes to scout is one area where we just need to code and try things out in sandbox, maybe even on live servers for a while to see how the change really affects the game meta overall. Nothing is ever set in stone, even if it does go live, so reverts and nerfs or buffs can be done again in the future as required.
    Hingey likes this.
  11. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    I will agree with the vocal minority thing it can be tricky to know what the players actually want because forum users are usually a small percent of the player base and are usually the more hardcore ones and not the casuals.

But on scout even if the nerf squad is a minority our logic to me is enough to justify a small nerf at least. A lot of the people who dont want it changed might be scout mains who want maximum advantage. Doesn't justify a kit getting to continue to over perform.

But on the nerfing scout needs lots of code. Idk how mc servers and mods and all that work. But a basic change like a 4/5s cooldown instead of the junk it is now would help and shouldnt really need any new code or break the kit. The current is just too fast, you can get your hunger dropped by farmer so you cant sprint and you can still outrun sprinting players just with the pole... Warrior doesnt double melee damage scout shouldnt be that big an increase in speed. That kind of thing. Scout on a 10s cooldown would still be the fastest kit, (maybe dasher with buff would be faster? idk) 4/5s will be very viable.

New changes could be good but lots of new code and dev time isnt the only option. Sometimes simple is better. But idk what the new change ideas are maybe they are super good and worth the dev time not sure.
  12. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    It's nice to see you be more active on the forums as of lately. I don't think sandbox tests are an accurate way to receive feedback on new updates. I have been fairly active recently and haven't had been able to attend one. That might sound self-serving but I'm sure that's the case for many other players, there just simply isn't a big enough sample size nor is it "normal gameplay". I think shotbow's approach of massive updates hasn't been all that effective either. I think making small changes every week and rolling them out live is a good way to gauge community feedback; updates are normal very good but are taken poorly to because of a single change that isn't fixed. I see a lot of other popular games do the weekly update thing and I think that's where Anni should be headed. Players leave because the game gets stale small weekly updates would solve that.

As for the elytra, that was my idea with the last comment. If the team feels there is a problem it would make sense to make a forum post with your own proposal or simply look for proposals from players. And I understand the forum is a small percentage of the player base, however, I share many of the same frustrations that I see others express ingame. I'm not here to dictate how you run things but take my advice im normally right about stuff. https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/enchanting-1-7-or-1-9.371854/:wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.