1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Retiring GhostCraft

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Mar 22, 2019.

Retiring GhostCraft
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Hi all,

I'm sad to announce that one week from today (March 29, 2019) we will once again be retiring GhostCraft to the garage.

We're doing this for a combination of reasons that have been true for a while now: (1) a lack of popularity, (2) a lack of developer availability to dedicate to the mode, (3) current quality of the mode.

As with all games in the garage, the source code and maps for GhostCraft will remain available to the development team, and it's possible that we will see a return of the mode in the future - although no such return is planned at this time.

I advise that you play GhostCraft this week while it's still available.
    webbily, Mistri, Fluffoon and 7 others like this.

2. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Aw, poor Ghostcraft.
    Well, at least it won't sit there gathering dust. Now it'll sit in the Garage... gathering dust :(

Eh, it's just annoying to start up games with only 1 friend. There's only one map you can play and it's too big. I think this is good. It means people won't see a gamemode that's super unpolished. Now, hopefully the next news that comes up on the front page is either an Anni update or maybe something on Gold Rush!
    Mistri, Joey_nINJJa, Fluffoon and 4 others like this.
  3. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    I'm sad to see it go, I never got to see ghostcraft in its peak before it got garaged the first time, so at least it came back for a while so I got to play it at all. I'm still sad to see it go though :/
    Oh this is unrelated but there is actually 2 maps that you can start with 1 other person (rising and vault_gate)
    Hingey likes this.
  4. Runkelpokk Platinum

XP:
    581,668xp
    finaly the time a dev spend into gc should be spend on a mta update/fix (there just need to be a few config changes ...)
  5. iFritzy Regular Member

XP:
    58,695xp
    Tristitia while feel somethings going off now...
  6. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
  7. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    not surprising

so any updates on slaughter
    MESLEG and _Swipe like this.
  8. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    Slaughter's not going to get removed because it's still not dead (more active than MTA xd) and is still quality, while not that complex (like only one bug I can think of that effects gameplay, and that one is only performed intentionally). While it doesn't have a dev that's only one reason out of the 3 that are listed for this game removal.
  9. ElitistRobloxKid Platinum

XP:
    92,636xp
    bet, mine theft auto is gonna be put in the garage next.
  10. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    MTA won't be put into the garage because it has a dev.
    Joey_nINJJa likes this.
  11. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Unpolished! That gamemode was flawless, sad to see it go. I'm always down to play.
    targetaquired likes this.
  12. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    d e p r e s s i o n
    Fluffoon and Mohawk2 like this.
  13. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    Oh, one more thing. It would be cool if staff organized a "last week game" event where they gave like a 2 day notice of the game or something at a specific time and everyone could join and have fun. Even if it doesn't have anything special, just having a lot of people join at one time would make it awesome and give a bit of nostalgia about how GC used to be.
  14. Runkelpokk Platinum

XP:
    581,668xp
    Mta just need a few config changes to be playable again (at leasdt for high lv players) but storm dont want to listen to his players and he just tell us he dont have time (not even 1h to fix a few config values)
  15. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
  16. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    You... DO know that fixing bugs and rebuilding a game to benefit high level players is harder than it seems... right?
    Joey_nINJJa likes this.
  17. Joey_nINJJa Gold

XP:
    56,300xp
    I seldom played this back in the day, and I was excited when I heard it was coming back... then I tried playing, and I couldn't. RIP
  18. itlookslikesalad Platinum

XP:
    38,858xp
    will we get any type of xp compensation for our lost xp purchases in ghostcraft? or do we just lose the classes we may have brought?

Joey_nINJJa likes this.
  19. itlookslikesalad Platinum

XP:
    38,858xp
    agreed
  20. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    All purchases are for the lifetime of the game.

If/when GhostCraft returns you should expect to see your same purchases there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk