1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Gold Rush Open Weekend April 5ᵗʰ – 7ᵗʰ!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Mar 23, 2019.

Gold Rush Open Weekend April 5ᵗʰ – 7ᵗʰ!
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    [IMG]

Come join us the weekend of April 5ᵗʰ to try out our up and coming game: Gold Rush.

Gold Rush is a fast paced game where two teams compete to bring down the other’s smelter. To do this you must mine gold – used to unlock class-changing buildings, purchase class upgrades, and buy unique items; traverse hostile terrain and use your pickaxe to take down the enemy's buildings; and fulfill sidequests before your opponent can to do massive amounts of damage to their smelter at once.

It’s a fantastically fun game that’s easy to start and a challenge to master. Come join the staff team in playing for a weekend, and leave us your thoughts on the Shotbow forums.

We hope to see you there!

NOTE: This game is not "complete" and this is not a release. There is a ton of polish we still want to do on the game before release, but this will serve as a large test environment for mechanics, playability, and desirability of the game.

2. Anthobot Platinum

XP:
    99,151xp
    First! Haha, So excited to come check it out!
  3. Gnjoejoe Retired Staff

XP:
    238,764xp
  4. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Oeee sounds slick, let's go!
    Fluffoon likes this.
  5. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    YES! I've been wanting to hear some news on this for forever, and I'm so excited to try it out!
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    My suspicions have been confirmed.
  7. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    Is there a preview of this anywhere? Like a short gameplay video?
  8. ro_cks Mini Builder

XP:
    1,496,967xp
  9. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    We'll be there!

Thanks for the hard work everyone!
    Fluffoon, noobfan and Mohawk2 like this.
  10. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
  11. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    They did a couple streams that are still on the shotbow youtube channel.

zoomninja3000 and LegendaryAlex like this.
  12. noobfan Retired Staff

XP:
    331,986xp
    It gonna be gooooooooooooood cant wait to play with everyone :stuck_out_tongue:
    DutchSurvivor, Fluffoon and Mohawk2 like this.
  13. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    So does that mean Wasted is coming back next then!? Gold rush was fun and all but... I think Dev time would be better spent on a more loyal player base.
  14. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    looks like you were wrong about gold rush. I remember you saying that they gave up on the project and lost interest. Who ever you talked to about it fed you false information.
  15. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Welcome to the game mode all about the California gold rush of the 1850's! Except there is no panning, no economy, no wagons, no personal property laws, no taverns, no businessmen, no prostitution, no Indians, no dysentery and especially no repercussions!

Hold onto your butts Forty-Niners and Californios! Its time to put away the guns and tobacco and pull out your granpappies rusty medieval sword and get shifty!
  16. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    I don't believe I ever said such things maybe it twas another project you confused gold rush with, I have however joked about it taking them a few years to finish and here we are still in the works.
  17. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I dunno, there were some gold rushes in Australia they could be referring to... this gamemode made by Americans... could definitely be about Australia's gold rushes...
  18. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    This thread has so many likes/replies, and it's making me happy because people are actually getting hyped for something on shotbow again. It's a good sign!
    Fluffoon likes this.
  19. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    That's a Hoax.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  20. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    time to riot