1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide My Gift to You! (AQR Update)

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Mysterious_Seven, Dec 25, 2018.

Guide - My Gift to You! (AQR Update)
?

Do you use this Resource often?

Yes 17 vote(s) 100.0%
Yes 8 vote(s) 47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Edit: Bumped the enter key when setting up the poll. Make sure you don't pick the wrong one!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Take me to the Annihilation Quick Reference

New Features:
    • Introduction Page
    • Restructured Armor and Weapon combat!
    • Added Anonymous Editable Calculators to some pages!
    • Unofficial Tournament Brackets
    • Enchanted Armor Calculator (Completed Jan 26th 2019 @9:44pm EST)
    Existing Features:
    • Trivia -- with tips and other things to give you an edge in game.
    • A full class reference sheet, the namesake of this project.
    • First Enchant chart!
    • A Shop and Boss Buff item list!
    • The Potion Catalog!
    • Map Ore Counts (For Map builders)
    Previous forum posts. If you have a question you might consider looking over these first, not required to however.

Dec 25th, 2018: Current
    May 19th, 2018: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/the-quick-reference-has-been-updated.386407/
    Oct 25th, 2017: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/annihilation-quick-reference.379921/
    Sept 7th, 2017: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/class-loadout-list-and-commentary.378028/
    JeTi_Brothers, cokc, Tobi472 and 6 others like this.

2. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Alright. Class suggestions!
    Summary of Suggestion [Goal of Suggestion]

Bard: Add a passive that gives teammates faster natural health regeneration. [To make the presence of a bard during escape more survivable] P.S. Add a placeholder for the bard box so if destroyed it is returned and not deleted.
    Berserker: On death lose 6 hearts (12 points) of health.[To mimic, albeit slightly, the balance changes introduced by Robinhood]
    Builder: (See Scout)
    Defender: Ability to block arrows with his shield. [A master of defense should have a few perks to defend himself!]
    Engineer: Change name to Demolitionist. [The class has changed to the point it is unrecognizable]
    Handyman: Give chain leggings. [What is a handyman without his tool belt?]
    Healer: burst ability (45s) should be scaled back, Lower CD and heal proportionately. [To make this ability less punishing when accidentally used.]
    Hunter: Trigger traps when players are higher above them. [To not let Scout grapple over traps without triggering them or getting affected,]
    Iceman: Turn lava into Magma blocks when passive is toggled on. [To fix this Bug: Lava can sometimes be broken while ice and turn into water]

Scout: Since this is a huge point of contention, I've opted to make several suggestions of which to toy with.
    Give a slightly longer cooldown.
    [Allow more time for arrow shots]
    ---OR---
    Alternatively, if the CD is non-negotiable think about adding an extremely short debuff that prevents grappling, punishing scouts for getting hit in succession. Scouts would have to time their pulls as to not line up with this momentary debuff. You could forgo all of these to just not allow grappling while a certain number of enemies are nearby.
    [Punish reckless scouts for team diving when unprepared]
    ---OR---
    If debuffing the class itself is not at all an option, consider adding blocks to the Builder class that cannot be grappled to.
    [Scout edge guard and defense] (These could be converted into anti class blocks to prevent dashing and the like.)
    ---OR--------- (Added from post 5 on Jan. 1st, 2019 @ 3:30pm EST) --------------------
    Make the grapple have a higher cooldown when stretching beyond the normal throw distance.
    [Make the distance covered more consistent to the average]

-------------------- (Added from post 13 on Jan. 26th, 2019 @ 4:27pm EST) --------------------
    Lumberjack: Change Brute Force so sometimes it breaks armor, and sometimes it ignores a portion of armor. [To make this class more viable as a front line class]
    Ninja: Add Mining fatigue and randomized look direction (x axis) to Smoke Bomb. [To momentarily stop nexus hits and to better disorientate the enemy.]
    Robin Hood: Track kills separately from ranks. [So death is more forgiving.] (This class loses rank+progress.)
    Scorpio: Turn friendly player hook into a "Ninja star" projectile that pulls enemies. [To prevent escapes and to increase accuracy in close range.]
    Sniper: Highlight the sniper for the enemy shot for 1 second. [Position reveal is an integral part of snipers in any game.]
    Spy: Allow spy to use ability closer to nexus' on single entrance maps (or remove it altogether). [Walk back preemptive nerfs] (The ability itself lets people know that you are near and doesn't need a second nerf)
    Succubus: Remove Life Drain. Add Demon Skin: Immunity to damage (but not knockback) for 3 seconds. Indefinite cooldown until you get 3 kills (that award xp) within 10 seconds. [To better suit competitive play]

-------------------- (Added from post 15 on Mar. 17th, 2019 @ 10:18pm EST) --------------------
    Berserker: Add "Great Hunger" which doubles natural regeneration speed but also halves the saturation gained from each piece of food. Can be active ability or passive depending on how it's implemented. [To give the class sustain]

-------------------- (Added from post 16 on Mar. 18th, 2019 @ 4:24pm EST) --------------------
    Defender: Change Guardians Pearl to an Iron Door / Endstone. (Just shorten the ability to "Guardian") [So that class ability isn't lost due to a bug]
    Dasher: Change Blink ability to Chorus Fruit. [So that class ability isn't lost due to a bug]

Alright, your Move. What do you think?
    Hingey and Celariel like this.
  3. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Engineer's TNT has cooled downs timed based on the type of bomb(smaller bombs less time). Engineer can rocket jump much like wizards whirlwind works but fall damage is still taken into account. Bombs have varying power levels(nuke should be able to get you out of the canyon). Been asking for this for a while hoping they take it.

I think the Anni team should make it a goal to release tiny changes here and there this year no big updates. That way the community can give direct feedback also keeps the game fresh week after week.
    Celariel likes this.
  4. PaySafeKaart Platinum

XP:
    92,093xp
    I really like the third idea of the scout debuffing!
  5. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I suppose they could not allow for class ability affects to work in general. Maybe for it to work someone would need to be inside of a structure of some kind. Just to be safe I'd design it with swapper traps in mind so that they don't work off one another too easily.

Just came up with another idea. I'll add this to the post above.
    Make the grapple have a higher cooldown when stretching beyond the normal throw distance.
    [Make the distance covered more consistent to the average]
    Celariel likes this.
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Just spent 4 hours putting my wiki through google translate. Will pick up some more tomorrow. If anyone wants to grammar or spell check be my guest.
    Annihilation クイックリファレンス

Edit: Dropped this indefinitely.
    Celariel likes this.
  7. Toyl Silver

XP:
    53,341xp
    I dont know why Scout needs a nerf.... It is only useful for a couple maps and its extremley common to get the "Unable to Grapple" message making you have to wait again for the cooldown. You cant grapple in water, fire, or when you are debuffed either so the class is only good in a few rare occasions.
    Tozzu likes this.
  8. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Well, normally I would agree with you. After mulling it over, Scouts in the current meta move very recklessly and due to their movement potential it goes vastly unpunished. I usually ask myself at least these two questions.
    1. Is the only way to counter this strategy by using this strategy?
    2. What counters are there for this strategy barring and including class effects? (sometimes I look at unlockable class abilities)
    These immediately bring to mind Vampire, Scout and Swapper. Scout is the least broken class in this lineup, but it still accounts for a much larger percentage of the PvP base so fine tuning should be a reasonable goal. As for water and fire, grappling out of water onto land is still possible and fire can be negated by very cheap potions (at only 2 and 2/3g per pot) and entirely negated via the boss buff helmet. Slowness is the only surefire way to slow down a Scout, but those effects ether take a few seconds (which in 1v1 PvP is nearly impossible) such as with Bard and Hunter or has longer activation times like Ninja. That leaves Wizard. Wizard is the best Scout counter to date because of its diversity and its "movement spell". Disengage for Scouts is otherwise pretty effortless and given that you need to stop moving to make ranged shots just makes Scout that much harder to kill after one has committed to running.

If you're interested in learning more about game balance, the most approachable of what I've studied is Extra Credits. Be sure you look them up if you're in for some thinking and cartoon drawings.

I look forward to more questions. :)

EDIT: Its been a few months. Fresh take. Scout can run at the same speed as everyone else while waiting for grapple to cool down. You can just try again and create a 5 or 6 block gap every few seconds. I believe this is the problem that people have with scout.
    Celariel likes this.
  9. BeastlyNinja Regular Member

XP:
    6,050xp

The problem is that Scout can go up vertical distances very easily compared to any other kits, horizontally extremely quick, and escape any fight easily with a grapple if you're not facing a scout. If you're playing ANY map with water, or even any map in general, you can avoid losing your stuff from the void easily by side grappling to an area with water to prevent fall damage or find an isolated area where you can die without anyone taking your items. You can't lose against a decent scout no matter what. He kills you, that sucks. You almost kill him but he runs off with 2 hearts with his grapple. He gets voided by Scorpio in full enchanted diamond armor but lives because he grapples off the edge of the map and side grapples to a water area. It's almost as unbalanced as Vampire.
    Hingey likes this.
  10. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  11. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    scout is ight if ur bad at pvp and die to scooters n shooters everyday thats a u problem
    cokc and Mysterious_Seven like this.
  12. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Vampire would AFK under the map till night and then fly away. GG
    Celariel likes this.
  13. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Lumberjack: Change Brute Force so sometimes it breaks armor, and sometimes it ignores a portion of armor. [To make this class more viable as a front line class]
    Ninja: Add Mining fatigue and randomized look direction (x axis) to Smoke Bomb. [To momentarily stop nexus hits and to better disorientate the enemy.]
    Robin Hood: Track kills separately from ranks. [So death is more forgiving.] (This class loses rank+progress.)
    Scorpio: Turn friendly player hook into a "Ninja star" projectile that pulls enemies. [To prevent escapes and to increase accuracy in close range.]
    Sniper: Highlight the sniper for the enemy shot for 1 second. [Position reveal is an integral part of snipers in any game.]
    Spy: Allow spy to use ability closer to nexus' on single entrance maps (or remove it altogether). [Walk back preemptive nerfs] (The ability itself lets people know that you are near and doesn't need a second nerf)
    Succubus: Remove Life Drain. Add Demon Skin: Immunity to damage (but not knockback) for 3 seconds. Indefinite cooldown until you get 3 kills (that award xp) within 10 seconds. [To better suit competitive play]
    Celariel likes this.
  14. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Enchanted Armor Calculator Is done!
    Celariel likes this.
  15. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Berserker: Add "Great Hunger" which doubles natural regeneration speed but also halves the saturation gained from each piece of food. Can be active ability or passive depending on how it's implemented. [To give the class sustain]

I'll keep all of my future brainstorming and suggestions on here till an update rolls out and I need to reassess the AQR and this page. See you all in flight!
  16. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Defender: Change Guardians Pearl to an Iron Door / Endstone. (Just shorten the ability to "Guardian") [So that class ability isn't lost due to a bug]
    Dasher: Change Blink ability to Chorus Fruit. [So that class ability isn't lost due to a bug]
    Dahian likes this.
  17. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    clever
  18. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Oi we thought of that 2 weeks ago. Stop trying to steal credit for our ideas! :stuck_out_tongue:
    Jarool likes this.
  19. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Just never come up with ideas so you don't get them stolen from.
    It is a great idea, so I expect this next update!
  20. FEDPOL1 Regular Member

XP:
    427,917xp
    Popped chorus fruit so the client doesn't try to eat it.
    Mysterious_Seven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.