1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Ninja

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by IncognitoSausage, Mar 8, 2019.

Class Suggestion - Ninja
  1. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp
    Okay so 40 seconds cool down for the smoke is to long, change it to 30 seconds please.

Also when you hit an invis person with yoyouyoyour shirukun things they dont un-invis the player.

Fix these then it will be good.

Thanks in advanced.

2. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
  3. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    make it 31 pls, then also an upvote by me. I kinda dislike that only non-prime numbers are being used
    _Swipe and IncognitoSausage like this.
  4. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp
    you wanna fight m8
  5. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Why do you think the cooldown needs to be lowered? Not that it won't happen, I am just curious to hear your reasoning.

We can look into that bug as well. Additionally if you or anyone else knows of bugs in Anni feel free to DM me on the forums and we can get them squashed.
  6. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    My opinion: With the shurikens having mediocre utility at best (bowspam > shurikens), Ninja's only real ability is the smoke bomb.

But compared to other classes like Pyro which have passive skills that make up for a decent active ability with a long cooldown, Ninja comes off as really lackluster. Increasing the cooldown of the smoke bomb makes Ninja more competitive in fights, or you could give Ninja a better passive (speed?) to make up for it.

In my eyes, many combat classes suffer Ninja's situation, where there are cool abilities but the cooldown is too long with no other benefits in the class to make up for it when compared to all-around powerhouses like Scout and Acrobat. Especially in today's annihilation, mobility = everything, and some classes just don't have the tools to be on the same tier. Giving Ninja a decreased cooldown would attract more players to pick the class.
    Tobi472 likes this.
  7. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp
    Pretty much what Swipe said , i mean people use pyro more than thor because 45 seconds is to long for a class cooldown.

Ninja having no passive and it's ability cooldown being 40 seconds makes it hard to use and ineffective, worst case scenario add 10 seconds to pyro, immo, bloodmage, merc etc to level the playing field.

Ninja has the ability to incapacitate a large group of enemys at once and provide cover for clutch escapes.
  8. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    The smoke bomb should make the ninja invisible like the spy's ability and reduce the buff to speed one. Isn't that the intention of a smoke bomb anyways is to disappear?
  9. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp
    I
    In theory it does makw you invisible because the enemy recieves blindess 2, i think due to ninjas already lack luster sense of pvp usefullness the speed 2 should remain.
  10. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    wouldn't it be cool if instead of the blindness 2, all block around the bomb are filled with some black texture for every enemy team, like coal blocks or such? would actually make it 10 times more useful
    zoomninja3000 likes this.
  11. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Not to people outside of the smoke though. Say you are being shot at you should be able to throw down the bomb and vanish within a few seconds in order to make an escape.
  12. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp
    That would be cool, however people should be able to still shoot and throw potions into and out of the 'smoke bomb" and if the enemy runs into it, would they still get blindness and slowness?
    Darth_Bachious likes this.
  13. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    I meant it to be visual, so yes and the potion effect can still be remain in the real smoke
  14. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    Jump boost 3 (this is a joke)
    _Swipe and Hingey like this.
  15. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    Honestly though, mild jump boost (like 2-3 block jump instead of 1) would really make the class really cool. Think about jumping around and throwing ninja stars, that's what the class is all about bro
    zoomninja3000 likes this.
  16. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    The jump boost was more of a joke but now I see what you mean.
    _Swipe likes this.