1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Update Spring Update - testing

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, Feb 23, 2019.

Update - Spring Update - testing | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    I'm curious as to why the first enchantments are being changed. I doubt the community asked for it to be changed. Also, it nearly ruins the consistency of many early game strategies due to the randomness. Nearly everyone I have talked to about it has had negative things to say. My point is- why change it when there were little to no complaints?
    Dahian likes this.

2. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    YASSSS
    Watchfully and SlayStyle_ like this.
  3. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp

I realize you posted a hot take and I'll try to be fair, but first enchantments decidedly have to go.

Fixing this will patch a bug with enchanting that could let you straight up pick enchantments at any time. First enchantments were a crutch and I posted it to the AQR mostly to improve game mastery, but also because I wanted to make it noticeable enough that it warranted a patch. I got more than I bargained for and now I'm glad to see it go. And I'll be honest, I didn't hear many positive things ether, but I also haven't heard a good enough reason to keep around a literal 100% chance fire aspect sword and another 30% chance fire aspect 2 sword every player every game (or its nearly as attainable alternative Fortune 1 & 2). This is the fringe benefits of the 3 level cost, 30 level enchantment meta, which met the same fate.

I'd also like to note that buy in large, potions are a better bet than enchantments anyways and the Alchemist "feature" is still alive and strong. :D
    (Except for ranged combat, but nobody is complaining about failing to effectively enchant bows.)

I wouldn't be against more features that aren't implemented through classes, like First enchants represented, however. Predictable systems is something Annihilation lacks. The only current game systems are Boost Pads, Bosses, Class Changer, Enderfurnace, and the Nexus Area. Already its a decently exhaustive list and nearly nothing is left to the imagination. In regards to this I'd like to propose Delay Blocks be purchasable in P4 and make the block itself persistent when changing classes.
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    A few other additions and bug fixes are currently in the works for this update. Once we have done final bug testing we will either do one final sandbox or look to release to live servers. Thanks to all who participated in the first sandbox with reporting bugs and giving feedback so far.

Enchanting has always been random in Minecraft and Annihilation. It was only recently due to the addition of the 3rd party plugin to support 1.8 PvP that changed this. Enchanting being random helps ensure a fairer game - currently it's very easy to map out how to get the best enchantments which is not something we are a fan of. This change is simply reverting back to the original game design for the better.

Despite the power potential of Alchemist currently we are not seeing it being used as often as we'd like. If we find that games are being overran with Tier 3 potions we can review and amend duration's accordingly.
  5. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I will MAKE them the meta! Then you'll HAVE to change them!

I AM ALL POWERFUL! I WILL MAKE STRATEGIES WITH THESE POTIONS YOU COULDN'T DREAM OF! STUFF OF NIGHTMARES! I WILL DESTROY GAMES THAT WERE ONCE PEACEFUL, AND IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND THAT YOUR GAME IS FINE WITHOUT ME, YOU WOULD BE WRONG FOR I HAVE ALREADY CONVERTED THE MASSES! NO ONE IS SAFE FROM TIER 3 POTIONS ANYMORE!

And when the conversion is complete, I will sit back and watch from the shadows. Watch the children play like gods. No one will be safe.

Let's just say, if no one ends up using them, I will. And then you'll see. Yes... YOU'LL ALL SEE!
    _Swipe, Mysterious_Seven and Dahian like this.
  6. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    no
    Watchfully, SlayStyle_ and Jarool like this.
  7. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    I already use level three potions
    Watchfully and SlayStyle_ like this.
  8. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    It may have been an accidental change but that doesn’t mean it can’t be positive. It only allows for your first enchantment (provided you didn’t relog) to be the same so you can’t “map out the best enchantments”, no? The only way I see it being “fairer” with random enchanting initially is for new players who don’t know about them wouldn’t have to learn, not sure how much of an issue that is since it’s a game based on strategy.

I feel there is a lot of support for first enchantments but it’s not heard here as people aren’t vocal on the forums :r
    connormaxx likes this.
  9. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    making god gear is easy now :/ and p2 rushing is harder
  10. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    what? ur not in the boys if you dont p2rush
    Unhinge, Watchfully and SlayStyle_ like this.
  11. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Edit: You think shotbow cares about if people complain or not? :lmao: -def
    1.9 enchanting ruined anni this is just one step closer to the golden days. I complained profusely after the update to 1.9. Not because the pvp was garbage but because other 1.9 "features" fundamentally changed the game. The 1.9 enchanting system that they have had for 2 years now flooded the game with op loot within the first phase of the game. I want to go back to the days where having an op sword or bow meant something. Put the risk and reward back into enchanting and make it so rushers who spend time gearing actually have an advantage. This is why we see games drag on for hours now. Its because the enchanting hierarchy is screwed up. This increase in op gear caused leather tp rushes to be ineffective and made playing as a leather mid to late game impossible. That is partially why the pvp community left the server; a skilled pvper could take out a full diamond at any level now due to the invulnerability of the new armor and enchant values you just can't compete without the same gear. "gear up or give up"

I think the devs need to take this one further and remove the ability to see your enchants. At the beginning of each game, you can still go check and see what kind of enchant you will get. That just means some people will have an inherent advantage at the start of the game possibly determining the outcome depending on how lucky an entire team is. Put the risk back into enchanting please you will see the game return to its former glory.
    HyuYou likes this.
  12. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    My first enchants page wasn't this toxic, was it?

... was it?

EDIT: ran the numbers... Behold, I am Sinistar.
  13. connormaxx Regular Member

XP:
    4,634xp

Who is "we" the staff team? Or the community that plays this server. I personally agree with Snurkle. Plus there are only a few decent "first enchants". And all you have to do to reset your enchants is to level 1 enchant an item or hub before the game starts.
    Unhinge and Dahian like this.
  14. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    I wouldn't consider sharp four knockback two or punch 1 power 4(and this is without enchanter) just "decent". That changes the entire game. It removes the middle tiers of gear making battles at the beginning of the game between the people who decided to gear early on not to mention how easy it has made it to phase two rush.
  15. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    Glad to see your simulations are running well but log in and show me u p2 plz cuz u never have LOL just bcuz a small group is good at it doesn’t mean it’s become universally easy.
  16. SisterAlune Emerald

XP:
    39,405xp
  17. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    I have and I'll tell you it was a lot harder to p2 back then than it is now. Also, the lack of players contributes to the viability of a phase 2 rush but I think enchants are a major factor.
  18. Capt Platinum

XP:
    344,572xp
    p2ing is easy
    they had to ban me 2 stop me smh my head
    Unhinge likes this.
  19. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    You're right, that doesn't mean its universally easy. But it is universally easy. P2 is by far the best time to rush during a game. The more discreet, the more people, the better.
  20. FEDPOL1 Regular Member

XP:
    427,917xp
    A shame annihilation doesn't have a weapon that you could use right from re-spawning to deal massive damage, something like a stone axe.

Mysterious_Seven and I did some testing with stone axes and how much damage they deal through armour using the 1.9 mechanics. A stone (also iron and diamond) axe critical hit at full-charge deals 9 damage through unenchanted iron armour. A regular hit would deal 5 damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.