1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Opinion on PTR PvP

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Tatre, Dec 30, 2018.

Question - Opinion on PTR PvP
?

Which do you prefer?

Current Live PvP 17 vote(s) 51.5%
PTR PvP 16 vote(s) 48.5%
  1. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    I've seen many different opinions on this, so i figured id make a poll to see what the majority of people think. pls vote kthanks

2. Toyl Silver

XP:
    54,133xp
    This is incredible. Truly. Now what we have here (based on the poll’s outcome so far) is that the majority of the people voting are not involved with the pvp community what so ever. The pvp community hardy uses the forums in the first place. The people who have voted don’t understand the basic pvp mechanics that go hand in hand with “high knock back”. I find it incredible how one can even attest to the current PTR changes as there is no more than 2-3 players on at once. I have experienced PTR KB recently during a SS and found it disgusting. The high knockback completely eliminates the skill gap ( not there there is a huge one to begin with in 1.9). I have said this many times before, even made a thread and a forum post about this, but I will say again in this thread.

During the times of 1.7 you had a great diversity of different pvp mechanics that you could use to try and get the best combos on people. But with the 1.9 update these pvp mechanics were eliminated. Shotbow has the idea to make them kb higher since it was generally quite low with the version 1.9. But one of the reasons it is not as high as before is not entirely based on the fact that it is a different version. There is another factor that people seem to forget about, and that is those pvp mechanics. These mechanics include “clicking a higher cps” which will increase hit detection and lower the kB of yourself. “Blockhitting”, which resets your sprint and decreases incoming damage. And one of the last mechanics is w tapping which generally does the same thing as Blockhitting, it resets your sprint. Most of these rules / mechanics don’t apply to pvp in 1.9. So with that said having a higher kB in 1.9 does not mean that it will feel like 1.7. If Shotbow is really that desperate to make the server as close as it can be to 1.7, then why did they bother to update in the first place. Because those pvp mechanics that I listed above are meant to be paired with the high knockback giving it a smooth feeling. When you just raise the knockback you are leaving behind these mechanics giving the pvp more of a rigid feeling. That’s why I think that the Live PvP is 100x better than the PTR pvp. I know I may not have described everything in full detail but I am truly tired of writing everything out over and over
    FreeCookson, TeazHacks and Fridge2177 like this.
  3. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp

What we have here is a community. Not everyone plays the game for pvp and those who have voted said how they've felt.
  4. Toyl Silver

XP:
    54,133xp
    The question is, have they truly experienced it? Fighting zombies is not pvp, that’s pve. I don’t want Shotbow to be swayed over a subject by people who don’t participate in that certain community.
    Tozzu likes this.
  5. teazlol Silver

XP:
    6,799xp
    The question is opinion on PTR pvp, if people who dont PvP are voting then their vote is useless in the poll. Toyl has a point.
  6. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp

Just because someone isn't pvping all the time doesn't mean they don't get a say on pvp. That's not how a community poll wortks lol.
  7. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    Fully agree that this poll should not be taken as a definitive answer as people aren't necessarily part of the pvp community. I don't think its fully fair however to assume that the people who have voted don't pvp when you don't know who they are, but yeah theres definitely a possibility that they do not pvp
  8. Toyl Silver

XP:
    54,133xp
    What I mean is that we should be listening to main influencers for certain subjects. What I mean by that is that it is not fair for someone to vote against certain pvp just because they don’t like pvp, instead they enjoy doing MineZ Hc. I think it should be whoever can provide the most sufficient evidence should be the person who gets listened to the most.
  9. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    > Be you
    > Find a community poll on a forum
    > Look at people who voted on it
    > HMMMMMMM.gif
    > Disagree with results therefore muh bias(biased both ways because junk sample size)
    > THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED TRUE PVP, THE PEOPLE WHO PVP DON'T USE COMMUNITY FORUMS(Trying to invalidate it simply by who voted)
    > WE SHOULD ONLY LISTEN TO THE MAIN INFLUENCERS(subject to chage by your beliefs) FOR CERTAIN(vague, subject to your own determining of what deserves it) SUBJECTS
    > kek.mp4

Perhaps it would be more constructive to discuss what is wrong with both systems, and what is right with both systems and to develop ideas on them- but why bother because PTR was a waste of time due to the lack of new content. Rather than flaming on what a poll is and who can use a poll.

The data is junk anyway omegalul. ~20 people as a sample size.

Happy new year shotbow, enjoy the memes.
    Mistri, Tannatron, Meme_MC and 2 others like this.
  10. Toyl Silver

XP:
    54,133xp
    I have absolutely no idea what that was. .mp4??? Anyways, yes I do believe the PTR was a waste of time and what they did was change the basic minez mechanics, making it an almost “Minez 2”
  11. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    He's memeing. Anyway, I'm not sure the PTR was much of a waste. They didn't add many new features, the point was to test to see if the current features still work after completely rewriting MineZ (which is a completely different problem). But the PTR server can still be used to test new features in the future, including any more improvements to the PvP system. Also, it's still nothing like MineZ 2.
  12. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    Post suggestions on what should change about current pvp to make it better. We already have quite a few regarding the knockback changes and possibly more changes to add. For example, knockback needs to be scalable to sprint. Add these suggestions. And calling ptr a waste is completely insulting. Ptr was to test the completely rewritten MineZ code. This code has already seen vast improvements. For example weve kept the server up for days at a time with no memory issues. We were able to hold over a hundred players on one server after we fixed the render distance. We changed MineZ zombies to have damage scalable from the south to the north, and in no way did we make it an almost MineZ 2. The only thing that was similar to MineZ 2 is that we added wolves to the game which dont work any way like MineZ 2. We added instanced servers so the builders can do basically whatever they want with dungeons. And not to mention we have added so many things that make changing these things easier, even without the requirements of developers. This means that changes to the game can be changed MUCH easier now.
  13. Toyl Silver

XP:
    54,133xp
    Ok, first of all I’m sorry if you were insulted when I called PTR a waste. But, I have gaven multiple ideas and solutions to tidbits KB. I have even messaged certain admins giving them my ideas. Those ideas are to not change anything. You have a server that is a 1.9 not 1.7, you can never take the mechanics from 1.7 and bring them to the current version because most of them were bugs in the first place. Secondly I never stated that Minez PTR felt like MineZ 2. I said I felt that, with all of the changes being made, MineZ doesn’t feel like the classic MineZ that I know as MineZ Classic. It really doesn’t feel Classic at all because you have changed so many gamebreaking things.
  14. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    Who says a bug can't become a feature? Granted, with Spigot it'd a bit clunky and slow compared to something you could make with Forge, but it might still be something that can be recreated. Still, I think you're underestimating what can be done with programming.
  15. Toyl Silver

XP:
    54,133xp
    If you can change the code so when you blockhit you take less kb and you deal more kb to your opponent, change it so when you w-tap you reset your sprint and deal more kb to your enemy and less to your self, change it so CPS can change how much knockback you take and how fast your hits register, and also add in blockhitting (not with shields, those things are annoying as hell).
  16. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    All of that is possible, possibly except the blockhitting. Blocking with the sword was completely removed, so that can't be added back without mods. Shields may be annoying, but it might be the best way to re-add blockhitting.
  17. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    with a texture pack wouldnt it not be too bad? blockhitting with shields might not be too bad if you had a texture pack, idk tho
  18. Toyl Silver

XP:
    54,133xp
    im not going to change my 100 texture packs to take out shields lol.
  19. teazlol Silver

XP:
    6,799xp
    me either.
  20. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Make a script to change it automatically. Python would be quite powerful for this. Just use PIL(Python Image Library) and just use that to change all the textures in your texture packs automatically