1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Dentril's New Moon November 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Nov 1, 2018.

Dentril's New Moon November 2018
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    [IMG]

Hi there! My name is Mistri and I'm your host for this month's edition of Dentril's New Moon.

Unfortunately, this month we once again don't have a letter from the co-lead or a development corner due to Navarr being on temporary leave because of personal issues. However, many of the developers have been giving public info to put in the New Moon, so hopefully this makes up for it! Without further ado, I present this month's updates!

Updates
    Network Updates
    In celebration of Halloween, from this Friday until this Monday for a 2x Shotbow XP multiplier and all classes unlocked in public games of Annihilation! We will also be hosting sandbox events, including new maps!

MineZ Updates
    The MineZ PTR is now open so players can get a sneak peek at the upcoming changes to MineZ. Help us test bugs and new features! The full announcement and changelog can be found here.

We also have a thread for you to report bugs and suggest features, which can be found here.

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The 2018 Fall season is in session, so rack up that ELO quickly before it's over! The current standings are:
    • 1st - zaco123 (1116)
    • 2nd - Jiren_ (1099)
    • 3rd - iCryEveryTime (1079)
    Mine Theft Auto
    MTA Leaderboards for October 2018
    Combat:
    • 1st - Mar1ne KDR: 145:0 (145.0)
    • 2nd - nabe4975 KDR: 48:1 (48.0)
    • 3rd - Famicoro KDR: 175:9 (19.44)
    Arrests:
    • 1st - WoOOondyGresss Arrests: 42.0
    • 2nd - Rizzki Arrests: 41.0
    • 3rd - Norir Arrests: 28.0
    Experience Gained:
    • 1st - MESLEG Experience gained: 13239.0
    • 2nd - Rizzki Experience gained: 12840.0
    • 3rd - Superhexrow Experience gained: 9322.0
    Minigames Won:
    • 1st - MESLEG Minigames won: 34.0
    • 2nd - Superhexrow Minigames won: 34.0
    • 3rd - zelda_fan Minigames won: 31.0
    Network in General
    Staff updates:
    • Captainbenedict and Omyon joined the Annihilation Mini Admin Team
    • Pichu2002 joined the MineZ Mini Admin Team
    • Suitaso joined the Mini Builder Team
    Other statistics:
    • A total of 35,422,749 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 5,460 players banned in the last month
    With that, I bid you farewell. I'm your host, Mistri. Please let us know what you think about the New Moon in the comments. Thanks for flying Shotbow!
    ZobrosFake, Marine_PvP and yakotu1919 like this.

2. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    iv never even heard of Omyon and hes now staff on anni wHaT
  3. up44 Platinum

XP:
    1,745,607xp
    more relevant than you lmao
    omyon, Eercyo and Tozzu78 like this.
  4. Nokah Platinum

XP:
    528,648xp
    Omyon is a MineZ god
    MTrout and Meme_MC like this.
  5. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp

So, then you become ANNI admin?

Is it odd that like, not that well known people or those whom speak their mind/be honest, don't become mini-admin/admin?

Just a quick notice... :) :heart:

Edit: See post later placed, this post isn't supposed to be taken serious.
    Unhinge likes this.
  6. Aaeaeaeeae Regular Member

XP:
    137,292xp
  7. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I find it quite funny how when we recruit admins that are well-known members of the community, people say "Wow, Shotbow only hiring the popular people", but when they're not very well-known, we get people who say "I've never heard of him, which means he's a bad admin"...

Anyway, just because someone is very good at a particular game on Shotbow and is known for that, doesn't mean they don't play any other games. It's like assuming that the only game everyone on Shotbow plays is Minecraft. We all do different things, whether or not we show it, and you can't assume otherwise.
  8. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Why do we not get player peak anymore? We didn’t get one last month too...
  9. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    Am I missing something, I play anni mostly and you guys all say he doesn't so why is he staff on annihilation and not minez? We even have an admin apparently claiming I said he's a "bad admin" after I make a statement that a lot of people agree with it in the anni community because I did ask around before hand to find out he's known for wacky dungeon runs. I have no idea if he's good at annihilation no mind being staff but that's just it, he doesn't actively play annihilation.
    I'm not saying he can't be admin or anything but when apps aren't even open for staff, higher up's have being only hand picking their friends for staff and that is in no way the best way to pick the most qualified people.
  10. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I don't think you read my message:
    If you're not trying to say he's a bad admin, what is the point of your post? You're saying he's unqualified to be an admin, and in my mind that's saying that he's a bad admin. Am I wrong?

You do not have to actively play Annihilation in order to be an admin. Why would that make any sense? Your only job as an admin is to patrol and ban hackers with an unbiased approach. Please tell me how playing Annihilation helps with that. As long as you understand all the game mechanics, which all Annihilation admins are required to, you can be an admin.

Omyon is not a "friend" of higher ups, nor are most admins. How could you possibly claim that if you've never heard of him, like you said yesterday? Seems like you're just salty that you're not an admin.
    Mallowpuffs likes this.
  11. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    I was going to reply and rebuttal every single point until I read "Seems like you're just salty that you're not an admin" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im screamin, u urself r not qualified from what I just read if u legitimately believe that
  12. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    Pardon me, was quite late and very tired. The stuff posted was quite funny, therefore I reacted like that. Wasn't supposed to do any harm towards anyone. I would like to revoke the posted message. Since it is quite unclear, and wasn't supposed to be serious.

@Omyon, no hard feelings. Ya got unlucky that I picked you to talk about. Sorry! :heart:

Before I respond to the other posts: I'm uncertain how far we should take this discussion. Since there is evidence of nepotism regarding few / a lot old staffers (from minis to admins), or current. Also regarding certain staffers getting an admin+ rank whilst they used to DDos people, or worse...

So all in all... Shotbow, aka its staffers, tries to do her best for the community. And sometimes it takes a lot longer than it is supposed to... Well, sh*t happens :). Like I said, there's enough evidence to create drama, however. That's something I think is not going to solve anything.

[IMG]
    Just joking :heart:
    ------

If you have only yes-sayers, you won't be getting far either. I recall enough moments where minis were shut due to even asking particular questions... Different topic: sometimes when something is going wrong, IMO you should publicly state it (community openness) *cough* tourney *cough* :heart:.

------

Please understand that we're dealing here with young people, often not that understanding of the damage they can do with their words. I hope Shotbow can see the difference between those whom react to offend and those that try to improve Shotbow.

------

See first paragraph, my apologize.

------

No hard feelings Mistri, but actively playing ANNI, and becoming admin for it kinda makes sense. Same would be actively playing MineZ and patrolling there. So goes for being able to draw / being good at it, and helping out at the Art team.

Anyway, just saying that it kinda makes sense, not that he can't become it :).

------

C'mon Mistri, you're better than that.

------

If you disrespect the person that disrespects you, via anything. How to expect it to respect you when you react back like this? Does it really always have to be: an eye for an eye?

------

To close off, please understand that I - as a player - have been waiting for so much. For so long. DDG finally to roll stuff out with Shotbow. Gold Rush to be released, or actively being play tested. The tourney to be held-this wasn't staffs fault, but the clans however we should've been done with it. And so on, I love playing on Shotbow, and playing with the people that I've met or going to meet. But with each month passing by, not just me but a lot more, are starting to care less and less... Please :) :heart:

PS: again, no hard feelings towards anyone
    Ktrompfl, Manaea, Unhinge and 3 others like this.
  13. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Bring back the player count.
    OneZedArmy, GoIiac, Manaea and 2 others like this.
  14. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    i come back to see the player count not being said anymore. i wonder why...
    OneZedArmy and Hingey like this.
  15. Aaeaeaeeae Regular Member

XP:
    137,292xp
    Mmh ? Looks pretty stable to me.
    [IMG]
  16. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Now expand that out from 1 month to a year
    OneZedArmy and ACringyWeeb like this.
  17. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    It is known that we had a sharp decline after summer. This is because of continuous attacks on the network with bots where Annihilation games were either too laggy to play or unjoinable. As you can see if you go on the network right now, you can join Annihilation games just fine, and as long as we aren’t under a massive ddos attack like we stated on our twitter, most games wont lag.
  18. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Id attribute some of that decline to the constant teamstacking issue which should have been addressed last spring.
  19. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    We did not see such a decline until the attacks started. When the attacks started it was a very sharp decrease in playercount. That’s not caused by team stacking.
  20. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    So teamstacking is not an issue?