1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ PTR Update & Changelog

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Marine_PvP, Oct 22, 2018.

MineZ - PTR Update & Changelog | Page 3
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    No. Inventories and lives are completely separate. Once the PTR becomes live and bug-free, we'll roll it to the public live server, which will then in turn have all of your current inventory items.
    Goliac likes this.

2. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    The release date and time has been set for PTR! See you this Friday!
    Meme_MC likes this.
  3. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    Why 2 PM cst ;-; search a eu friendly time
  4. DocCodeSharp Retired Staff

XP:
    295,987xp

This is the best time for since I work during the day, and I need to be there on release so I can make sure everything is going ok.
  5. 3it Obsidian

XP:
    17,392xp
    BE EU FRIENDLY some people are already drunk this time on a friday (me?)
  6. DocCodeSharp Retired Staff

XP:
    295,987xp

The only way to be EU friendly is to move the release to Sat. How does everyone think about that?
  7. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp
    I love the many new additions that are explained in the post, and I think it is a *huge* step in the right direction. However, I feel the need to express my concern that downgrading items people already have is a VERY bad move. I can understand not making certain items available after the update, but taking away items people have worked for and spent time to find will just cause more issues.

Particularly depth striders and Instant 3s. I've spent HOURS at a time trying to get a single pair of depth strider threes and I know many others who have as well. Downgrading these items simply means that I wasted that time for nothing. The same goes for potions. Also, smite swords should be left alone as well. Many of the items that are planned to be downgraded will become rare collectables instead. Don't ruin the value and usefulness of these items and make our time spent gathering them for nothing.

Overall, however, this is fixing to be a great update, and I look forward to it. Although, I may have missed it in the post, but I saw no mention of the banking system that was being discussed. I'm curious to see where you plan to go with that.
    Hingey likes this.
  8. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    I just read these changes again and it dawned upon me...

I can finally do something in MineZ…

HEADHUNTING!
  9. fanook Platinum

XP:
    55,048xp

It sucks that you lost your time, but allowing broken items to stay in the game so they can sit on your storage alt while theres a chance they'll get duped and further abused isn't good for the game
    Hingey, Meme_MC, Mistri and 2 others like this.
  10. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    Will the minez map be updated?
  11. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    I mean the website
  12. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

The staff of Shotbow have tried to contact the owner of the MineZ map but he's known for being elusive and hard to contact so it's taking their time to get a response. If they can actually get a response from the guy then it'll probably get updated, but in the meantime nobody really knows.
    Fridge2177 likes this.
  13. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    Thing is people that have grapples have since stopped playing, post EULA buying premium does not give you a grapple in your spawn kit
  14. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Lead

XP:
    8,980,143xp
    You do realize 2 PM CST means 9 PM GMT+2, don't you? That's prime time in Central Europe.
    Mistri likes this.
  15. 3it Obsidian

XP:
    17,392xp
    Its not a prime time on a friday evening due the fact that most people are already out doing some stuff with their friends.
    You don't need to I'll be playing on saturday anyways let em other people have fun :)
  16. JTGangsterLP6 Annihilation Lead

XP:
    8,980,143xp
    Well, everybody sets their priorities differently. That doesn't change the fact that no European student is at school and barely anyone has to work at that time. :wink:
    Mistri likes this.
  17. poggers232 Platinum

XP:
    107,796xp
    I'm gonna propose something very "out there" - maybe do a ban purge? This seems to be a reinvented version of MineZ and with a new, stricter banning system, I think this would be the best approach before integrating it. Let's be honest, while there are some people that come on here and hack just to do it, there is a whole generation of people 4-6 years ago that were banned because they were stupid kids that might want to relive their past a little bit. It'd also give you guys an opportunity to have a clean slate of ban appeals and would make it easier to track when people were banned because there would be a set date that everything was reversed. If somebody cheats or does something really dumb, they and are banned without remorse.

This is something that many successful (at least PvP) networks do on a relaunch to allow more people to experience the new changes. Personally I see the system of "making them buy a new Minecraft account" archaic because $0.03 Minecraft account are so accessible now. I say allow what was once your core the opportunity to prove themselves.
    Escape_ likes this.
  18. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    While I see the logic in this, there's no way that we'll do this. Staff have banned thousands (and maybe millions) of people over the 6 years that it's been open, including people with alt lists. To throw all that hard work away would be a huge waste of all of our staff's time.

The alternative to this is simple: if you want a solution to "kids being stupid 4-6 years ago", these people who are now more mature can feel free to submit an appeal at any time on our forums or reddit. If they explain the situation honestly (tell that they hacked and that they're sorry now), they have a high chance of getting unbanned. If our staff team understand that they've matured then we'll most likely give them a second chance.
    JTGangsterLP6 likes this.
  19. HeroLonely Obsidian

XP:
    370,102xp
    hmm ..can give new chance to Any player banned for any reason?
  20. poggers232 Platinum

XP:
    107,796xp
    Speaking as somebody that was previously staff, I don't see it as a waste of time at all.

I hate to dish out hard-to-swallow pills, but MineZ's population from here on out is going to be people that want to check out updates and see if the game's worth coming back to, and that's it. There's not going to be an influx of new people wanting to play something that's 6 years old with the reputation it has of no updates coming to the game regardless of how good it becomes. I'm not even trying to be mean by saying that, it's just reality. And I'm saying this as somebody that views the majority of this Changelog favorably.

There's a reason that all of these other servers give people second chances on ban wipes -- it's good marketing, and you updating your system is opportune time to do so. I know a couple of people that want to play Shotbow but are banned on their mains that had Plat+, which disinclines them from doing so. I think it's a bigger waste of your staff's time to work on all of these updates and have a minimal turnout of players. Maximize your population and capitalize on what you can is my suggestion.

This just screams biased. The idea of a ban purge is to give everybody a second chance, not just select individuals. I remember when I was staff, we were discussing blacklist renegotiations and some people said "absolutely not" because they hacked on alt lists 4 years prior and those that were around at that point were still angry about it. This was about people that hadn't touched the game since they were blacklisted, we were just going to remove them so that they had the ability to play on new Minecraft accounts if they wanted to come back, we weren't going to unban their main. Even a year is a time that can promote growth as a person, and if you're going to apply your personal feelings toward a situation then it's a dead end anyways. All that could happen to these people that get unbanned if they mess up is that they'll be rebanned, but I'm assuming a good majority of these people just want to play the game. Of course it's a different story if they get banned afterwards, because they would have been given that chance to redeem themselves in a new era of the game. By nature this also negates the conflict of people playing on alts and risking getting banned if they've been banned on other accounts before this announcement post.

All this being said, it would just be good PR as well. Nobody's going to condemn you guys for being forgiving for once in 6 years.

ps: can u please change my name from w0nder to BionicProdigy? it didn't update on the forums although I changed it in-game... thanks
    Manaea, FPSHater and HeroLonely like this.