1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion What need is there for staff to be able to join a team after phase 2?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Unhinge, Sep 19, 2018.

Discussion - What need is there for staff to be able to join a team after phase 2?
  1. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    I'm not sure why staff need perms to join a team after a phase 2 as when staff are playing they are also considered a "regular player". Therefore they can't use their perms to ban , kick , etc but they can to join whatever team they please.
    This is as far as I can tell just straight abuse of their privileges.
    Unless there is a very reasonable explanation why staff even need to be able to do this, the permission should be just out right revoked.
    There shouldn't even be a need for this post, staff are supposed to be considered trust worthy people but I have seen NUMEROUS staff members do this and either deny it with "I joined earlier in p1" when they suddenly appear as civilian in phase 5 or usually just go full mute despite multiple people questioning when they joined.
    "but wat if dey joined in p1 and u missed it" , most people like myself literally play with tab held and when you disconnect you leave an NPC so there is quiet the window of time to see who joins a team before leaving.

TLDR; Admins are abusing and something needs to be done.
    Cyndi_, mml003, SkyeZ and 9 others like this.

2. 111kittycat111 Platinum

XP:
    436,546xp
    JT will lock this thread mark my words
  3. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
  4. Slaystyle Platinum

XP:
    2,909,485xp
    wait i am gold in dis oof dont tell mom
  5. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    JT, DJ Pedro, dlemonb, misshelivi, Sevy13 or even the honorary Murgatron himself: one of those 6 will lock this thread. Brownie points if it ends up being JT though.
    99_i likes this.
  6. BrazyBenjamin Obsidian

XP:
    615,444xp
    I understand where you are coming from Unhinge. This action can arguably be considered as an unfair advantage. Nothing personal to any of the existing administrators.
    Unhinge likes this.
  7. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    This isn't worth the effort to argue for nullification. The admins have "perks" that you don't, if they didn't they wouldn't be admins.

While I was reading though I did think of something. Premiums should be able to join games in progress and the queue should be the limiting factor. Thoughts?
  8. SkyeZ Gold

XP:
    503,377xp
    @everyone
  9. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    @here
  10. OUTRAISAPDFFILE Regular Member

XP:
    9,786xp
    There will inevitably be an admin or a die-hard Shotbow fan who will say something along the lines of, "They must have this perk because they are staff", and they wouldn't want to negotiate about it with you.

It's pretty sad how this is also what the staff would do. You would bring up an issue about their server with them and they would either ban you or mute you (this is quite confusing as staff has the power to mute players but then my friend gets permed for chat abuse).

Shotbow is a close-minded server and there's nothing we can do about it. It's sad because this server used to be very popular (10,000 players on at any given time) back in 2015 or 2016, now it's an occasion if there are 100 players on Anni at once. And mostly it is the Japsassins who play in the early morning (4 am where I live) so I never get to play with a variety of people at once. It's always the same people on, every time.

Shotbow is dying. As a matter of fact I consider it dead already.
  11. OUTRAISAPDFFILE Regular Member

XP:
    9,786xp

It's a very boring game now. It used to be fun.
  12. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
    You sound mad bro
    SkyeZ likes this.
  13. SkyeZ Gold

XP:
    503,377xp
    exactlyyyyy
  14. Emilio737 Regular Member

XP:
    10,225xp

It would be nice if they're more transparent about it, but they choose to lie instead. *sigh*
    Unhinge likes this.
  15. PaySafeKaart Platinum

XP:
    92,093xp
    But u said like hundreds of times in the global chat that the admins aren't doing nothing don't catchin cheaters/abusers. If an admin gets a lot of reports about an specific player then they look at it but can't do anything because they got no perms. Dumbest Idea Ever!
    Use the edit button instead of stacking messages. :)
  16. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Recent events prove otherwise.

Edit: Shotbow Q&A
  17. OUTRAISAPDFFILE Regular Member

XP:
    9,786xp
    Sorry, new to the Shotbow Forums.
  18. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don’t complain about the report system or question its effectivness but I do remember complaining about an admin somewhat recently who joined roughly mid way through p2 but the team he joined had a bhopping civbreaker since the very start of the game. This hardly constitutes as “hundreds of times”...
    Also I’m not saying remove all their perms, did you even read the post?
  19. PaySafeKaart Platinum

XP:
    92,093xp
    Yeah I did read your message, but what im trying to say is that your not administrator and that is the perk of doing these good things for the server.
  20. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    If you're correct and it is indeed a perk then that is stupid as hell & should be removed.
    Mysterious_Seven and Unhinge like this.