1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

The Future of MineZ

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DocCodeSharp, Sep 11, 2018.

The Future of MineZ
  1. DocCodeSharp Retired Staff

XP:
    295,987xp
    [IMG]

Hello, old and new players of MineZ.

Recently, I have heard some people saying things about MineZ and I want to put the record straight.

This past summer, I meticulously worked on rewriting the MineZ code base from the ground up, and I am happy to finally report that this is almost done (just a few things left to test and complete). These changes fix most longstanding bugs and problems that the current MineZ has had, and will allow us to finally build upon the game and add new features into MineZ.

Once I have completed my last few projects within the code, I will be opening up a brand new PTR server for MineZ. The PTR server will allow me to see how players interact with the code and allow you to experience the new MineZ while providing feedback. This will allow you to have a direct impact on balancing and improving the game! This is something I am so excited to make because with this PTR server, I can create some insane stuff and let you see if it meshes well with the main game, all the while not affecting the live servers in any way!

I’m happy to finally peel the curtain back on the development of this game. I hope this will make MineZ what it once was and build upon it for a future where players can always return and enjoy it!

Thank you,
    - Doc

P.S – The build team has toiled throughout this process, so I thought I'd just leave you with this — coming with the release of the re-write, after PTR testing has been completed.

2. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
  3. up44 Platinum

XP:
    1,745,607xp
  4. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
  5. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    Is that astrum omega?
  6. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    I am really excited for this new PTR gamemode. Any clues to what features this will contain? :stuck_out_tongue:

I will certainly be there when testing commences, this might just be the thing that will get me back into the gamemode.

Ok, this looks awesome. Good job from the build team.
  7. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    9,286xp
    This is what we were waiting for, all we hope for now is we don't fall through with plans for the PTR server and make it premium only or something. I do indeed hope the best for the update, and am looking forward to this!
  8. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    ok now this is epic
  9. YouriGamerCraft Regular Member

XP:
    167,990xp
    now THIS is epic
    AetheralWraith likes this.
  10. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    this is so GOOD can we hit A Player Peak of 2000
  11. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp
    I will totally buy Gold if this is gonna be a Premium only server. In fact, I hope it is premium only. It will mean I don't have to deal with nuisances while I want to play the game like a regular person and that the server won't break every 2 seconds
    kun_peng_ likes this.
  12. bajunga Platinum

XP:
    4,092xp

So is the PTR server for minez still a shotbow server? Like basically a beta for the rewritten minez that you have been working on? The reason I'm asking this is I'm afraid that if there is another server in addition to the public servers that means there will be even less people on public. Unless people just play on the "beta" rather than the current public servers. I just don't want the minez population to be divided into public and beta cause more minez servers = less players for each server individually.

Thanks for the hard work btw :D
  13. bajunga Platinum

XP:
    4,092xp
    no... that means less players which is what we don't need
    Mohawk2 and Meme_MC like this.
  14. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    How quickly are we looking at?
  15. ShayminPlays Emerald

XP:
    220,411xp

Less is more in the case of this game. I don't want any more people coming back to the MineZ community in its current state. The current community has already caused enough suffering for people so it's selfish to drag people back into all the drama that goes on.
  16. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,119xp
    Please add clans!
    Teckit likes this.
  17. bajunga Platinum

XP:
    4,092xp
    maybe for someone like u lol
  18. up44 Platinum

XP:
    1,745,607xp
    no go play anni
    FreeCookson, Meme_MC, Unhinge and 2 others like this.
  19. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    Could we get the minez map updated with this update? @doc
  20. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    We're hoping to have MineZ Origins Part 2 out soon, which will be a MineZ map update.