1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Shotbow's Decay - Statistics of Shotbow Population from March 2015, to June 2018

Discussion in 'The Network' started by JayBuzzton, Jul 19, 2018.

Other - Shotbow's Decay - Statistics of Shotbow Population from March 2015, to June 2018
  1. JayBuzzton Regular Member

XP:
    420,804xp

2. JayBuzzton Regular Member

XP:
    420,804xp
  3. pokeminer9999 Platinum

XP:
    203,980xp
    After seeing this I compared google trends data with certain changes, and it seems that the biggest killers of Shotbow have been two EULA changes and the MineZ loot change. The data from google trends, however, is quite inaccurate except for these 3 large incidents, which have a noticeable impact.
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  4. Setrci Silver

XP:
    7,766xp
    2 reasons
    1. HCF removed
    2. 1.9
    gaelic and EduardoKanp like this.
  5. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Alright, and what's the point ?
  6. Setrci Silver

XP:
    7,766xp
    shotbow decay lol
  7. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp

I believe it has more to do with empty promises over and over, again and again. For example, Shotbow's 2016 Roadmap where they said they would focus on a bunch of stuff they never did, or the "4 Years Strong" post where they claimed they would release Gold Rush in 2017, which surprise surprise they never did.

This lack of updates stagnated the network, and no wonder it reflects on the player count. From the 2500 player peaks in 2015 to the 600 players last month, and there's no sign that the downwards trend will change.
    ChromosomeCramp and VictorLight like this.
  8. Setrci Silver

XP:
    7,766xp
    I just wanted to say

I miss 1.7
    gaelic likes this.
  9. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    My theory is that the EULA changes that resulted in the demonetization of game features discouraged working class players from playing because they could no longer buy classes for annihilation, this created a bottleneck and started forcing players to grind.
    Servers like Shotbow were not the servers responsible for this new EULA "enforcement" and the EULA now specifies it directly, but It was inferred in earlier documents. Shotbow should've reached out to Mojang to try and get permission to monetize their gamemodes.

1.9 might have been unpopular, but it wasn't noticeably different to really change public opinion. It was everyone projecting that it was going to be terrible. Furthermore, 1.9 combat will not last forever, this is evident by the fact that Bedrock edition added shields, but isn't adding weapon cooldown.
    It is something they are working towards changing, and it will take some time before they get around to it.

Does this data include Japanese players?
  10. Athys Platinum

XP:
    279,640xp

Shotbow had written consent from Notch himself before the EULA changes to sell in-game perks and such. However since the update, Shotbow has reached out to Mojang and has gotten denied to continue their practices despite the consent. The problem wasn't 1.9 itself, rather, what came after 1.9. Shotbow had hyped (both internally to staff members and hinted towards the community) that the 1.9 update would lead to further updates later on the road. As a staff member, I grew tired of hearing "We'll get to it after 1.9" and "No point in fixing bugs now, the dev servers don't work". After 1.9 came out however, I'm surprised to see that such stagnation remains! It also seems that this internal reformation with network leads is also a catastrophically bad idea as now it seems the only game that receives any attention is Annihilation. All in all, poor leadership by the network as well as it's tendency to start and work on new projects only to abandon them later down the road is what's really pulling Shotbow as a network downhill.
  11. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Not to mention that you only have Navarr as a co owner and Highlife is dead. I can't believe I thought he was actually active when I made a post about his absence. He only replies unless he's called out.
  12. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I had heard a rumor that they had gotten permission from someone, but I couldn't locate any evidence, nor did I know here to look. Thanks for clearing that up. Did the permission get revoked because Notch is no longer the owner of Minecraft?
  13. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    The original agreement was super succeeded by the EULA. Whilst we attempted to talk to Mojang about our previous arrangement and our hopes to continue with it due to our past merits Mojang refused and insisted that the new EULA was now the forgoing agreement.
  14. Runkelpokk Platinum

XP:
    581,668xp
    i´m wondering why shotbow sell no cosmetics for Mta :/
  15. JayBuzzton Regular Member

XP:
    420,804xp
  16. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    I'm sure we could look into that, do you have any suggestions for what you'd maybe like? :)
  17. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I suppose consistency was more important to them at the time. Sounds like the option is still there, if momentarily barred.
  18. Athys Platinum

XP:
    279,640xp
    It wouldn't be fair to the hundreds or even thousands of other networks to issue a grandfather clause for Shotbow. Despite the EULA changes there was a Plan B, which was to promote cosmetics over perks. I don't know the effectiveness of this campaign as such information was not made public.
    Manaea and DutchBartje like this.
  19. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Well obviously it didn't work cause the network is about to go under.
    Manaea likes this.
  20. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    You make valid points. I will have to think about this.