1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement Changes coming to the way you join a team

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Galap, Apr 13, 2018.

Announcement - Changes coming to the way you join a team
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Hello Annihilators,

Introduction
    For a while now, the Annihilation team have been working on changing the way in which joining a team works. As many of you know, team stacking is an issue, which is why this change is being made. For anyone not aware of what 'team stacking' is, it's an umbrella term for when a team has a higher player count than any other team in a match.

The Change
    We will be implementing a Queueing system; affectionately nicknamed the 'Priority Queue'. The Queue is exactly as it sounds, you will request to join a team of your choosing (or through the random team picker) and will be placed in the queue for that team, the queue will automatically assign you to your chosen team so long as balance is maintained. While in the queue, there's no need to do anything, it will assign you when it's your turn. But why is it called the Priority Queue? I hear you ask, this is because it's a 'first come, first served' system which prioritises players based on when they joined the queue and their premium status, which is great for premiums and regular players alike.

There are a few ways in which the current joining method is abused, all of which will not be possible when the queue is in town as it will not allow unbalanced teams, ever!

How balanced is balanced? The Priority Queue has some leeway, technically, it will allow a team to be unbalanced but only by a couple of players, likely, these will be premium slots. I say likely because...

All is not set in stone
    These changes outlined are not finalised, the system is still in development and no change is out of the question, this means that I can't give all the details until we know them ourselves. If the Priority Queue changes drastically, I'll keep you all up to date. I welcome your comments and constructive feedback here, however, I would like to ask that you wait for our testing to commence and try it out for yourself as this announcement is quite a high level overview and may not represent the final product. Speaking of testing...

Testing and implementation
    Implementing such a system is not easy and we want to get it right the first time round so we will be doing lots of testing in different time zones in order to gather feedback from a broad range of our players, look for bugs and amend the details of the system. We expect testing to commence after the Annihilation Tournament is finished, but it may be sooner.

Thanks for reading!

2. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Sounds like an alright system, have to test it first though.
    I'm just happy that you announced it, now everyone can be aware what kind of fix y'all have for this problem.
    Better than staying in the dark till the change, am I right? :wink:
  3. roarkiepoo22 Platinum

XP:
    275,944xp
    Prem is useless for anni now...
  4. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    I completely support the idea of fixing team stacking. I am very concerned that the purchasable ranks will be devalued even more. I believe that the solution is simple: for every feature taken away / nerfed, a new perk will be added. I would try and shy away from adding rank cosmetics and add game play based additions. With that being said, you would need to be careful of adding a pay to win problem. In general, the ranks don't offer much as is. I would hate to see even more be taken away.
  5. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    I would reread the post if I were you. You missed the part where it talked about things being subject to change. None of this is set in stone.
    Mistri likes this.
  6. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
  7. roarkiepoo22 Platinum

XP:
    275,944xp
    Still kind of makes premium worth about 25 USD and not 100 imo
    YoungRichSnikers likes this.
  8. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    I'd say, this is a good implementation! However- and hear me out- priority should be based off of premium or not, THENNNN when you joined. Just to add a perk to the package :wink:
    AetheralWraith likes this.
  9. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Premium's outweigh regular's in the queue, the join time portion of the prioritisation is when it's regular vs regular or premium vs premium. Premium's will still be able to get in quicker and will still have slots reserved!
  10. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Plans for Clan or Party queuing?
    Hingey, HungerHealer and Nikogab22 like this.
  11. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    We do not have plans to implement a party system with this update, that is something we can look into for the future
  12. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    184,489xp
    *Contacting my bank for you know what*
    DISCINEFICIENCY likes this.
  13. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    A loan? Your finantual statement?
  14. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    113,025xp
    What happens at the end of phase 2 (like 10 sec before phase 3), will people be assigned to a random team in order to let them play? Maybe in the order of first filling the other teams with players, who joined the queue last, so the people being the longest in queue can still join the team they want to join?
    HungerHealer likes this.
  15. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    Interesting question, we certainly could evenly assign players who haven't made it into their team choice or haven't joined to queue at all. The majority of feedback I've gathered so far on this topic suggests that players would prefer this as sometimes they go afk during the first two phases and miss their chance to join.

So - I'm not sure yet, I'd like to get more opinions, care to share? :stuck_out_tongue:
    ryozui and TheFlame_YT like this.
  16. 66irondevil99 Gold

XP:
    130,716xp
    You may have forgotten that the premium status is due from a DONATION.
    You already have some perks as a premium in anni, having better XP rates makes you be able to buy classes faster, you can pick some quircky death and kill sounds.
    Premium players shouldnt be allowed to join full teams IMO.

Though I encourage teams being able to join one single team(color)
    BadAdministrator and Mistri like this.
  17. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    We can always talk about perks later, whats most important is that we solve this problem and make a system that isn't broken first. Premium perks, if there are any appropriate, should be added afterwards. I will check back when there is a release or beta test to offer my criticism.
  18. roarkiepoo22 Platinum

XP:
    275,944xp
    A full team is 30 players, also the premium multiplier is server wide meaning that if you're platinum then everyone else gets your xp booster aslwell.
  19. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    184,489xp
    No is not a donation I was told by the server co-lead that it was a purchase pls another excuse
  20. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Premium players still keep the ability to join full teams, but now there's a limit of how many can do that - just like theres a limit to how many premium players can join a full game.

This is necessary in order to keep games somewhat reasonable. 30 v 5 v 5 v 5 is not reasonable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.