1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Important Suggestions for the Annihilation Classes

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Maashg, Nov 19, 2017.

Suggestion - Important Suggestions for the Annihilation Classes | Page 2
  1. Pico4 Regular Member

XP:
    11,746xp
    Good idea, I haven't seen coal mines utilized except by people who don't own miner. Also, miners spamming the /kill command to generate tons of coal can really get out of hand.
    Mysterious_Seven likes this.

2. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    That would be amazing man, but it would take some time.
    Not sure if they would :/
  3. Bergmanman Platinum

XP:
    558,653xp

This may be the first time in history the players of Shotbow have been given a useful piece of raw data. But it needs to be analyzed and not just looked at. Miner is of course going to be extremely bloated as its a very strong and easy to get class; every player in Anni has played miner on more than one occasion.
    Then you have Enchanter, which I think everyone knows to be a little over powered.
    Acrobat is not overpowered but its a very reliable and safe pick. In a game where you can work 10 minutes to get gear that you lose in 5 seconds, people generally look to safety.
    And then we come to scout... I am amazed this class is still in the game. Many attempts have been made to balance it and all of them have failed. I think everyone agrees that things were best when Saunders was the developer, and not just because he listened closely and communicated directly to the community, but because he had great ideas! His original idea for the scout's grapple was for vertical travel only, which is all it should have. What is a grapple? Its a grappling hook. How are those used? To get to the top of buildings, mountains, etc. Not to throw in front of you to speed you up. Then adding speed on top of that is just silly.

No one can say with a straight face that Shotbow is doing well. Anyone who does is forced to by contract. While I do not agree with most of the points presented in the original post, I applaud the author for putting the effort into making it.
    But the developers responses so far? Less than satisfactory. He has so far only defended himself and posted misleading data to back it up. And laughing at and mocking a player who wants to improve the game? I have always questioned the methods Shotbow uses to pick its staff... I guess some things never change.
  4. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp

Calling the recent updates "just bad" is a gross underrealization.

Appeal to empathy, you can talk as an anni dev, but not a player. You said so yourself you haven't been playing for a few months, there's nothing wrong with that.

There is a few things that this data doesn't account for:

-What classes people own (as you said)
    -Classes you play the entire game and don't switch
    -The percentage of players that switch to and from these classes per game

This becomes a problem even before you realize archer and scout are STILL on the top of this chart.
    So far I have no idea how you could make this argument with this data. Is there something I'm missing?

Okay, but you have other graphs that you do, even if only in tandem, right? Can we have those? Look at me, I'm practically begging.
  5. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    I will not be posting any more data. Sorry about that.
  6. Pico4 Regular Member

XP:
    11,746xp
    I don't believe that the recent Anni updates are ruining the game. Overall, I think that the game is improving, even though there are still some serious problems yet to be addressed such as scout. So for all those people who like to say "This update is bad, that update is bad," they should probably have a more open mind about these things.
  7. Capt Platinum

XP:
    344,572xp
    The game was doing amazing until the game lost the main dev that started the game (saunders) then the new dev team worked for like 3 months to push out a update aka Anni 2.0 and when the game was playtested it was hated by most of the community but they pushed it out anyways most likelydue to the fact that they just spent 3 months making a worse version of a good game
  8. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Not even the rest of the data from which you've already collected? Regardless I know you have those 13 figures.
  9. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp
    That's the only graph that I made, the other data exists just not in a pretty form.

What does 'I know you have those 13 figures.' mean?
  10. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Like I need a shiny setup, that's literally what I've been doing over on my wiki for combat.
    and the 13 figures were in reference to the classes that weren't represented in the donut graph.
  11. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Hmm interesting, the graph lines up to what I thought it would be however I dont see it has 100% accurate considering I just joined a few games last week to hover over my teammates class choices to find that a little under half choose scout and archer during phase 2-3. Even then that still doesn't change the fact that archer is, in most eyes, an extremely powerful class.

My bad didn't even see this was back in November just showed up in one of my discords a few days ago. Dont want to bring bak this. Sorry to here about your hand though, that is one thing I have always respected about you and Jesse is playing they games you guys create along with their player base. :)(please dont use the smiley emoji thats Murg's thing plus it just looks condescending to me at least.
  12. Galap Developer

XP:
    2,169,215xp

The graph doesn't account for play-time; true, I just used it to show what people are picking and nothing else and I'm glad you see that as a few others have really over analysed it or taken it out of context!

Archer and the other bow classes are powerful, but only in the right hands, I really suck with a bow but I see where you're coming from. I've been keeping up with suggestions regarding the bow classes so we'll see what the future holds and I'm happy to read any constructive thoughts (in a new thread, I think I've derailed this one far too much)

I used the smiley to defuse any misunderstandings that my reply may have been in an attacking way, not to be condescending, I'll bear that in mind for next time though

My hand is recovering well, I can nearly bend my thumb into my palm but haven't yet got my strength back but I have enough to push a key down so I suspect I'll be playing once more (<insert genuinely happy face here>)
    Hingey likes this.
  13. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Nice limited vocabulary.
  14. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Okay, thanks.
    Ivandagiant likes this.
  15. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    /r/iamverysmart
  16. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    118,168xp
    Do you happen to have earlier data or was the collection of this started recently?