1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Happy New Year + Dentril's New Moon January 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Jan 1, 2018.

Happy New Year + Dentril's New Moon January 2018
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    [IMG]

On behalf of all of the Shotbow staff team, I wish you a very happy new year. While 2017 had its ups and downs, we are pleased to say that we have a lot in store for 2018! We are all very excited to present our awesome projects to you – some of which have been in the works for weeks, months, and even years. Here's a small teaser, as well: we're working to bring two new games to Shotbow this year - one that you're expecting and one that you're not!

In celebration of 2018, use XP code 2018 for a nice surprise! :) On that note, please enjoy our first New Moon of 2018.

[IMG]

Christmas Event
    This December, we hosted the Christmas event for 2017, which was super fun! Some of the things we had include: a brand new winter hub, winter-themed game maps throughout all of our games, MineZ events like the head hunt and traveling snowman, the breathtaking SMASH update, brand new Christmas cosmetics (including our first balloons), and so much more! We hope you enjoyed the Christmas event – please let us know in a comment something that you loved about it and something that you'd like to see next year!

Minecraft 1.13 Poll
    Last week, we posted a poll asking about your opinion on what Shotbow should do regarding the Minecraft 1.13 update. With a week left to vote, 1.9 and 1.13 as base versions are in a perfect tie, so we still need your feedback and opinions as to what we should do! Please be sure to comment on the thread with your reasoning as to why you voted for what you voted for!

HCFactions Returns
    After a long wait, HCFactions is finally back and better than ever on January 19th for an open beta. Their official statement can be found here, and here is the trailer:

Updates
    MineZ Updates
    The MineZ team has been hard at work this month to bring you tons of awesome Christmas events! Additionally, the MineZ team has made a clarification regarding world downloading which can be found here.

SMASH Updates
    The SMASH team has taken a vote on maps that will be purged and maps that will be returning in the next update. Additionally, SMASH had a lot of awesome community events this month! Stay tuned for broadcasts to catch the next ones!

Statistics
    SMASH Rankings
    The winter season ends soon, so be sure to climb up the leaderboards for ranked matches! Current standings are:
    • 1st - Acstes with 1184 ELO
    • 2nd - JirenX with 1174 ELO
    • 3rd - InvernalAngel with 1167 ELO
    Mine Theft Auto
    MTA US Leaderboards for December 2017
    Combat:
    • 1st - xThePxssySlxyer KDR: 64:0 (64.0)
    • 2nd - Reitier KDR: 121:3 (40.33)
    • 3rd - meggiemonster100 KDR: 36:0 (36.0)
    Arrests:
    • 1st - MelancholyMelons Arrests: 306.0
    • 2nd - Perchloricacid Arrests: 133.0
    • 3rd - Ultimativemaster Arrests: 114.0
    Experience Gained:
    • 1st - Nanakoro_ Experience gained: 83664.0
    • 2nd - ALF0220 Experience gained: 48856.0
    • 3rd - Yol00 Experience gained: 48222.0
    Minigames Won:
    • 1st - Nanakoro_ Minigames won: 125.0
    • 2nd - Ultimativemaster Minigames won: 66.0
    • 3rd - Viral333 Minigames won: 61.0
    Network in General
    Staff promotions:
    • skillerfox3 was promoted to full developer
    • 100PercentHippo was promoted to BAC Team Lead
    • Catsage was promoted to BAC Team Co-Lead
    • ArcadeLegend and Lomrun_ joined the Mini Builders team
    • DJ_Pedro, kitpower_, and LegitNube joined the Ghostcraft Mini Admin team
    • Perchloricacid joined the MTA Mini Admin team
    Other statistics:
    • A total of 253,798,553 XP was earned by players this month
    • There were 1,498 players banned in the last month
    • This month we achieved a peak playercount of 738 on December 2
    Player Peak
    This month, we are still up really high and close to 1,000 players online at one time. As you can see above, our highest playercount this month was 738 people, which is amazing. However, if we can hit over 1,000 players online at one time during the next month, we will do a Platinum rank giveaway on the Twitter!

What can I do?
    Play on Shotbow, invite your friends, and invite their friends! Make friends and invite them to Shotbow! Spread the word about our amazing games, and in return we'll work as hard as we can to make your experience the best it can possibly be. :)

I'm your host, Mistri. Thanks for flying Shotbow!

Dentril's New Moon image provided courtesy of Mistri

2. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    Happy new year everyone!
    Diamond_Hunter49 and Mistri like this.
  3. FPSHater Obsidian

XP:
    174,528xp
    We wuz kangz
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  4. GalacticaGX Obsidian

XP:
    1,378,170xp

Hope it's Gold Rush! :D
    HungerHealer and Mistri like this.
  5. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    If I would make guesses, it does have a pretty good chance to be Gold Rush!
    Same to WiR :stuck_out_tongue:
  6. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    Yay took them long enough to bring back HCF xd. Hopefully both of the gamemodes won't do as bad as ghostcraft :/
    eyyy Meloncholymelons my man! :D
    Happy new years.
  7. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    Nah man it’s the EU STATS AND INVENTORIES OFCOURSE! Yeah man you remember that one thing? We got told we’d get in a few weeks... a few months ago? Yeah that! Not like people worked years for it and it’s litterally a pyramid of MineZ.

Not like we got promised it....

https://imgur.com/a/T0O0c
  8. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

HCF is not part of Shotbow proper, and will not be part of the Shotbow hub. Please visit their subreddit for more information :)

Well, none of it is lost. Handling of stats, items, etc is up to the individual game teams. At this stage in the game it's a good deal harder to get that sort of stuff done, but not impossible.
  9. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    TBH, I'm just happy there's an xp code.
    It feels like real celebration and a good excuse to invite some friends back to play anni.
    Happy New Year, everyone.
    Mistri likes this.
  10. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    #EU Stats!
    Hingey and ThatCrazyPerson like this.
  11. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    If for MineZ, there could be a poll set up, or some type of thread just like the Stuck In A Block thread where you post if you want to get your EU inventory back, that’d solve the issue of the people who do or don’t want their inventory.
  12. I_cant_breed Platinum

XP:
    310,591xp
    I'm really curious to what the fuck happened to Gold Rush. Development started in June 2015. Play testing was going on well and there was activity. Now not a single thing has been said about it. Hell, staff members have been saying it'll come out in the "near future" one year and a half ago. A+ resource management, transparency and dedicated team coming out once again...

I'd REALLY appreciate if a staff member replied with explanations that are not void of an actual response.
    HungerHealer and Maashg like this.
  13. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    You can expect more information on our priorities and progress later this month.

Just remember that there's a pretty much equal amount of people complaining that we haven't launched x game and complaining that we need to update y or fix z, and there's only so much we can do.

Again, expect more information later this month

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  14. I_cant_breed Platinum

XP:
    310,591xp
    Having more transparency, setting realistic deadlines, and not having the constant mysterious « We got stuff going on! it’s coming real soon! » would be something great to work on in 2018. Shotbow, for how much it strives as a place for people to have a good time has made an awful amount of players disappointed.

Please don’t pull a Murg and go on about everything without saying that you don’t need the community to do decisions on the network. Without players this server is nothing. And of course you can’t accept every suggestion, but really, more transparency on development and not leaving players in the dark would help A LOT.
  15. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    We're at a constant Cross roads between what we want to share with the community and giving unrealistic expectations.

This is something we won't be able to truly fix until such time comes that we can get full time staff - so either we have to get really popular again, or our senior staff has to get old enough to retire. Both of those aren't particularly likely.

Later this month we're having an all hands staff meeting to get all the staff on the same page for our goals and desires of 2018, after which we'll make a post saying as much as we can.

The big problem is that we can't make promises on development timelines. Too much happens in volunteer Dev lives that we can't adequately predict. Courseloads, new jobs, etc.

To sum up, we try to be as open as possible, but don't like announcing when we're working on something because then we get the types of comments like yours about GoldRush.

We are in no rush, and our community needs to accept that we can't move as fast as they want us to on major things. Until that's accepted we're going to remain at this disconnect.

But again, from my review of the initial draft, we're not holding back (except for things we can't be definitive on)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    _Swipe and DutchSurvivor like this.
  16. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp

Thank you for having the discussion, instead of ignoring it. I appreciate the explanation!
  17. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Edit: I just noticed that the first gamemode that we already expected is probably Wasted
    And hmm :thinking: I would say that Gold Rush has a bigger chance than WiR so those are my 2 guesses.

Ps can we have a thinking emoji?
  18. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

Yeah, I'll overhaul the emoji when I make the new website.

(For those of you that haven't been around very long - this means eventually)
    ACrispyTortilla and Mistri like this.
  19. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    :):(