1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Clarification - World Downloading

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Andrew_64_MC, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp

Greetings
    Due to a few recent issues with players world downloading the map for malicious intentions, I have felt it necessary to clarify our policy on the matter. Since always, world downloading has required the use of a modified client. As a result, world downloading has always been technically bannable, however, we often simply told players to use it at their own risk. Obviously we would not mind someone downloading the map for cinematic purposes, but downloading the map to view solutions to dungeons, reveal unfinished dungeon work, or use on personal and public servers would not be allowed. As a result, we now reserve every right and will be actively banning players we catch using a world downloader mod unless approved by myself or Marine_PvP. If you have a legit and innocent reason to download the map, feel free to privately message Andrew_64_MC or Marine_PvP and we will gladly approve!

Summary
    We resort every right to ban players world downloading the map unless they get approval from either myself or Marine_PvP by private messaging us here on the forums.

2. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    so now that someone you actually know got banned for wd you guys post something like this, not whenever everybody was wding origins part 1 months ago...
  3. LaukNLoad Film Crew

XP:
    63,641xp
    I request DL for innocent usages
  4. 111kittycat111 Platinum

XP:
    436,546xp
  5. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    And we're allowed to download after asking again.
    One day staffs will agree on the rules and stop changing them every 3 months, hopefully.
  6. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    You must approve with me or Wayvernia if you would like to use world downloaded.
  7. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    We both know what I'm never getting by answering this kind of stuff on your threads as, apparently, people are not allowed to disagree with staffs on shotbow. But, whatever, nothing is going right with this gamemode and here we have another thing that shows how unstable decisions staff take are.

Yes so it's allowed again.
    I mean, first, you have literally no way of knowing if someone is world downloading or not except if they're recording themselves world downloading (which never happens except when it's intentional, I mean do you really think the guy you just banned for world downloading didn't know what he was doing ?), and second, one can just write some fake reason that would justify world download, and PM it to you so they're allowed to world download whatever they want and claim to have accidentaly world downloaded CODL.
    Since I am on shotbow I have seen at least 4 versions of the rule about world downloading (not allowed at all, allowed for building, allowed if you ask, allowed if you don't try to look for forbidden things or dungeon training), it keeps changing, how are people supposed to know what they're allowed to do ?

i find myself writing 10 lines posts about world downloading what am i doing, let's hope this gamemode will go right one day xd
  8. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    Here's a bright idea, make a MineZ world file that you can give out to trusted individuals who ask instead of making it so people have to spend time using a world downloader and getting banned for it. Just an idea
  9. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Will quickly be made public by some guy.
  10. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp

Since the very beginning of MineZ, world downloading has always been stated as "do at your own risk" since it technically requires a modified client. I don't quite see why you have an impression that it keeps changing. With that being said, yes it cannot always be detected but policies like the one we just implemented are going to make it easier to ban those we do catch in the process. If somebody that we approve of for downloading uses the world for a different intent than originally stated, we will also not hesitate to ban them.
    Mistri likes this.
  11. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    It was 100% forbidden before this thread, not at your own risks. At least that's what we were getting told. And from messaging a mini-admin long time ago, it used to be "allowed if you don't use it to see hidden stuff or view solutions to dungeons".
    And again, you won't catch anyone except if they intentionally show it.
  12. Trent__Boyett Regular Member

XP:
    505,254xp
    Wow, world downloading is bannable? What a riveting announcement!

[IMG]
    LawsOfAviation and Goliac like this.
  13. HazeRanger37 Gold

XP:
    20,660xp
    And how exactly are you going to catch people for this rofl people been hacking for years, if you catch someone world downloading it’s because they let you see
  14. Toxxiic Emerald

XP:
    35,638xp
    ILY
  15. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Is there someone in particular I could talk to for downloading Annihilation maps?
  16. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    Probably Murgatron or one of the Anni admins. But for anni maps you could try digging up the build submission and download the schematic.
  17. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    PM Murgatron or senoc44!
  18. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I have, aside from trying to download from broken links, waiting several months for responses to PMs about the broken links and not having any submissions for the ones created by the Shotbow team, its gone pretty swimmingly. (evidence in my signature) Ive been trying to do this since September.

I will PM senoc44 then! Thanks!
  19. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    If you don't get a response after a few days you can PM me and I'll pass it on :)
  20. IvanDoomy Retired Staff

XP:
    578,128xp
    It'd be better if this clarification gets added to the rules, explainig that its unauthorized use will result in a ban instead of just being left like one of those "use at your own risk" mods, because it clearly isn't the latter.
    MTrout and RogueFlame1 like this.