1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Annihilation Nexus Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murgatron, Oct 5, 2017.

Annihilation - Nexus Update | Page 3
  1. Usamathebest11 Regular Member

XP:
    3,484xp
    FINALLY, an update! To a gamemode i thought was dead. Good job shotbow! Will be hoping on soon

2. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Is there a way to make the clone hold a gold sword? That would make it more believable. Right now everyone sees through it almost immediately and its only going to get worse.
    Hingey and _Swipe like this.
  3. Corrade Regular Member

XP:
    21,864xp
    I haven't played the update yet, nor been on anni recently, but I nutted at all the QOL changes in the patch notes and will definitely be hopping on when I can. Great job on the trailer too - it was super clean and easy to watch.
    Fluffoon and _Swipe like this.
  4. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    So, the vanilla brewing stands were removed.

One of my strategies is to build a tiny secret underground bunker. In that bunker I smelt a lot of gold, place some storage for loot and put some brewing stands down. I usually put hoppers on those brewing stands to keep the brewing going while I'm not around.

But it sounds like that isn't possible anymore, because you can't interact with the new brewing stands with other blocks.
    This is just my example of why I like the vanilla brewing stands. I'm sure there are other uses of 'public' stands though, and I don't really see a logical reason why they should be removed completely.
    So my question is, why can't we have both vanilla and new brewing stands in the shop?
    Hingey, WWII and Mysterious_Seven like this.
  5. _RiiiA Emerald

XP:
    100,650xp
    #RIPSCOUT2017 #RIPRIIIA
  6. cave987 Platinum

XP:
    23,441xp
    This update looks great, but what I wish you could do is enchant your starting tools and armor.
  7. DaniellaWhoas Platinum

XP:
    136,817xp
    Update looks AMAZING!
  8. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Hoppers still work with these private stands! :)
    Mysterious_Seven likes this.
  9. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    Oh my, there's been quite a few additions, haven't there? I'm certainly looking forward to trying them out. You guys have been putting in some serious work, and I hope it doesn't go unnoticed!
    Fluffoon and _Swipe like this.
  10. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    Scout is not that fun to play now because of the huge cooldown.
    Macrolide likes this.
  11. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Balance > Fun
    It is still powerful, everyone shouldn't act like it is the worst or one of the worst classes in the game.
    Ktrompfl likes this.
  12. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    I know, but if keep on nerfing of scout with the grapple will make it one of the worst.
  13. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I don't really think keep on nerfing scout is an option right now
  14. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Scouts getting a new item! Here's a picture of the consignment!

[IMG]
    Macrolide, Hingey and Dinohoot8 like this.
  15. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    I feel like Ninja could use a small buff, but I honestly have no idea how to buff it. Maybe something like giving speed 1 for a few seconds or something similar.
    DutchBartje, Macrolide and _Swipe like this.
  16. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    I fan ❤️
    _RiiiA likes this.
  17. Nose4Toes Platinum

XP:
    113,812xp
    Wait now i have a reason to play games again, this sounds really good. Good shit shotbow.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  18. ___Mika Guest

XP:
    xp
    Good Job Murgatron,You should nerf bows
  19. Gewoon__ik Regular Member

XP:
    101,630xp
    first off mostly its a perfect and fun new update with some very good changes to some classes who were or to strong or to weak but i have some points to scout and the nexus bleed i think personnaly are making the game less fun. but this is my opinion so no hate please to me for saying this.

i think that the scout has been debuffed way to much. i know that the class was a little to OP but 2.5 seconds cooldown makes it no fun to play. scout was a speed class bit now it feals for me like walking is faster then with using the grapple. it makes the class less fun for me and i stopped playing with it. also thr nexus bleed is really annoying because it doesn't reward people who build defences the whole game at their nexus because non the less their nexus will get damage. and if you have only 10 nexus health left its not that fun seeing yor lives slowley faid away by time making it the enemy easier to kill your nexus.

my english is not the best so sorry if you cant read it
  20. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    First I know that you're Dutch, therefore I understand why your English isn't the best.
    Geen zorgen, ben ik ook.

A good way to see whether a class is too OP or not, is to think of random situations and see what the class is capable of doing in those situations. The problem with scout was that it was too fast and it could escape out of almost any situation and go back to kill again when he gives up on chasing you. Sometimes you need to make a class less fun to balance it. Now you need to actually think before you use your grapple because if you use your grapple at the wrong time, you won't be able to grapple for 2,5 seconds, which might be fatal in some situations. Even though 2.5 seconds isn't even that much. If your grapple doesn't work, it doesn't mean you are dead. You still have speed so the class isn't even weak if you compare them to other classes. If a 5 out of 10 is balanced, then scout isn't lower than a 6 out of 10.

Het was gewoon een hele sterke kit. Je zou ook kunnen kijken naar het aantal mensen die de kit gebruiken. Het is de bedoeling dat iedere kit gebruikt wordt. Voor de grote update speelden meer dan 50% van de spelers met Scout. Shotbow wil dat alle kits gebalanceerd zijn en dus ook evenveel gebruikt worden.