1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Where did the japanese people come from

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by ThePlebGeneral, Aug 20, 2017.

No Prefix - Where did the japanese people come from
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePlebGeneral Regular Member

XP:
    36,922xp
    I used to play on this server a ton like a year and a half ago and there were always like 3000 people on. I hopped on today and everyone is japanese and there are like 300 people. What the hell happened to the server.

2. Corrade Regular Member

XP:
    21,864xp
    The shrinking playerbase is probably because of many things, but, ignoring whether or not the Japanese players are enjoyable to be around, I also wonder why there are so many.
    Is it because of the content creation over there? If so, that'd explain Shotbow's push for a greater media presence on sites like YouTube through their 'media partner' program - I think that's what it's called - seeing how well that approach faired for the Japanese Anni community, so now they're trying to get involved to encourage more growth. If anything this is a good thing to happen to the server and works towards that '3000' mark, though yeah, although the server can technically handle non-English speaking players, the communication barrier is really annoying.
    YoungRichSnikers and Fluffoon like this.
  3. Chico_Ninja_xD_ Gold

XP:
    75,091xp
    The server changed a lot to when I met him before shotbow was full of players now that have updated some players have decided not to play here but ami I do not care the update ami always me ah liked shotbow and I will still like me anyway
  4. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Probably because of the Japanese summer event and you probably came at the wrong time cause the player count is mostly about 500.
  5. HappyMangrove Regular Member

XP:
    156,034xp
    Most people might or might not agree with me but, when the 1.9 update came, player count dropped.
    Ninkz and DianaCaballero17 like this.
  6. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Shotbow hasn't seen 3000 players in over 2 years now. And due to the large peak of players lately their server have been having some serious issues with lag. The new community seems to be hurting the servers health but shotbow is just trying to get as much money out of them as possible.
  7. Celariel Platinum

XP:
    256,550xp
    The Japanese players came from Japan.
  8. N0MY Regular Member

XP:
    61,159xp
    LOL!! :heart:
  9. MODERNMEGa Regular Member

XP:
    17,653xp
    The truth: Developers lost a lot of EU/US players and server needs money. So the last chance is Japanese players. They are giving money to Shotbow and Shotbow admins are organizing Japanese events. That's why they started to love Japanese players in 2017 (and end of 2016).

That's all.
  10. McJeffr When in Rogue Lead, Developer

XP:
    188,040xp
    I don't really think that the Japanese players are the "last chance" of Shotbow. They have been around for quite a while, long before the EU instance shut down. I assume that Shotbow noticed this growing community on their servers and adjusted some of their policies to make the environment a bit more friendly for members of this community by, for instance, providing Japanese translations and events held in the Japanese language.

Naturally, if a community is fairly large, it will also be a fairly large source of income. However, from your post it kind of sounds like this community was "brought over" to Shotbow merely for financial purposes, which sounds a bit rude in my opinion.
  11. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp
    No they came from Earth.
  12. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    i think it's more like everyone left but the japanese players stayed
  13. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    I... I wanted to say that. I didn't get here soon enough. Dang.
    Mysterious_Seven likes this.
  14. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    right back at you
  15. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp
    I honestly don't know who this is directed at but this short rude comment is not really polite nor professional.
    Hingey likes this.
  16. ___Mika Guest

XP:
    xp
    lmaooo
  17. _RunningKing_ Platinum

XP:
    104,039xp
    This goes for everybody, not just the people who have posted on this thread: stay on topic. This applies to all threads created on this website. Do not be so naive as to believe that your useless and thread-derailing comments will go unnoticed. If you continue to derail threads such as these, you will face the consequences.

Snarky comments directed towards other players are also useless. Do everybody a favor by keeping them to yourself.

1.9 has come to stay. No amount of whining, complaining, or discussion will bring back 1.7. Somehow people still believe that there's a chance Shotbow will revert back to 1.7, which boggles my mind. For those particular individuals, I will say it again: 1.7, and 1.8 for that matter, are not returning in any shape or form.

This thread is failing to produce any discussion pertaining to it's original question. I am locking it for going off-topic.
    Thread locked.
    MTrout, LegendaryAlex and Mistri like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.