1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, May 30, 2017.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III | Page 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    If I may clarify, these announcement threads serve two specific purposes: inform the community of the Wasted development team's plans, and gather feedback/ideas to make adjustments accordingly, if necessary.

I hope to reassure, as I've said, that die-hard Wasted: Sandbox fans are not being ignored with our priorities at the moment. We felt pushing for a smaller, match-based gamemode to be released in a shorter time frame than a successor to Sandbox would take would be preferred over an even longer period with nothing to show for Wasted. Much of the decision to back Control followed as a direct result of player feedback from the 2015 testing sessions, where old Wasted community members and newcomers to Wasted alike greatly enjoyed the experience.

In short, I'll reiterate that our focus on Control amounts to releasing a well-received gamemode in a shorter amount of time, but beyond the time constraint has no bearing on Sandbox's successor mode.

A thank you to everyone who has participated in the conversation. When we get closer to release, you may see new threads pop up with specific topic points, such as class suggestions and ideas for mechanics. Or, feel free to start your own; we'll be reading them!
    SuperSayajinBela and NotDiezel like this.

2. ItzRemi Platinum

XP:
    54,773xp
    Can't wait!
  3. BowspamUToDeath Platinum

XP:
    761,499xp
    Also, the first sentence has some great, original sarcasm.
  4. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    What exactly are you trying to say with this statement?
  5. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp
    i have noticed that in the shot bow lobby there is a space on the wall that has gungame and control all the way to the left there is a spot that says "coming soon" is that where wasted will be??? Also will jet packs still be a thing or will they be completely different. Because if it turns out jet packs have limited fuel I might just kill somebody
  6. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp
    Has anyone seen Franklin or potatophone on the forums lately???
  7. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp
    Cruel thing to slay with a jp
  8. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    Yes, that was a funny chat message to achieve :stuck_out_tongue:
  9. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    We're going to do some experimenting with jetpacks. The chances of them being the same as they were is about 0, but fuel is not my preferred angle to leverage for balancing, personally.
    Surfdog1 likes this.
  10. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    I do agree jetpacks were too OP, especially when combined with scout. On the ground you'd have a hard time killing them.

Jetpacks shouldn't receive a big power nerf though in my opinion. One of the things I remember the most fondly was the freedom of soaring trough the skies. Seeing the mountains pass by underneath me as I was on my way from City 17 to Mona, or flying through the skyscrapers was just awesome. I feel like a major speed or thrust nerf would kind of ruin the experience.

I think we can agree that the power gap between a jetpacker and a ground troop is too big. Nevertheless ,closing this gap doesn't neccessarily mean that we have to nerf the jetpack. My most preferable option would be a middle way, something that isn't as strong as a jetpacker but not as weak as a ground troop. This way the jetpack feel wouldn't be harmed. For example, a purchasable AA vehicle with a high velocity gun. The health shouldn't be too high so it can be taken out by ground troops. For instance, a magma cube, for 1000$ with 40 health.

Another suggestion could be a 'flinch' or malfunction mechanic. That when you get hit while flying, you have a chance that the engine will slow down or simply fail. This could also work well combined with an AA vehicle.

I am open to change though, and I would be happy to playtest any new jetpack.

Lastly, I am wondering, what is your preferred angle for balancing?
  11. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Performance and equipment. One such idea was to make jet packs prone to fuel leaks if you get shot in the back; you would need to buy a patch kit to stop fuel bleeding, but you could still refuel. Another idea is a weapons/armor weight system that establishes a function between quantity/mass of gear and speed of the jet pack. A naked player with only a pistol would move very fast, but a fully armored jet packer with rockets and machine guns might not even make it off the ground.
  12. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    that is a really good idea Robert. I think jet packs should remain the way they were in most cases but adding some things to improve the game for the "ground plebs" would be a great thing to implement.
  13. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    In my opinion, I think there should definitely be the weight system Robert mentioned, but I think there could be other options, like an underground network.

Also, yes to midair shooting, but not with heavy weapons like pkps or rocket launchers.
  14. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp

i think there should be a ground system where unarmored people have a chance to land a "critical hit" causing extra damage to jetpackers and full kevalar people. fuel leaks may be a good idea but jp repair kits should be fairly cheep otherwise it may be slightly unballanced to have a leak and need 2k just to repair i think if it is implanted jp repair kits should be in the range of $400 - $750. so if you have horrible luck and not very much money you can still repair often.
  15. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp

The best chap message i have achieved was when i killed someone with a spider tank egg. (twords the end of wasted when at stroud there was a blaze and spider egg everytime the game reset
  16. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Mech repair kits were $600, and I'm going directly off of that concept.

Edit: Replied to the wrong comment, oh well :stuck_out_tongue:
  17. Surfdog1 Regular Member

XP:
    24,023xp

oh the forums are to confusing
  18. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    Is it possible to lower the bullet time? I remember you had to preaim a lot in order to hit a target. I think it would make the game a lot smoother if you could hit the targets when you're actually on them like in pretty much every other fps game. That was one of the biggest downsides for me when I played wasted. I dont now if it is possible though.
  19. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    And also if you remove the forests please consider that it may be too easy for poeple to take objectives since attackers wont have enough cover if you dont add other things like trees, rocks or something like that. Just to blance things out.
  20. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    This man is absolutely crazy.
    No. Just no.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.