1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, May 30, 2017.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part III | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Both Control and Sandbox will have different maps from the original. No ETA, but we are actively working on Control.
    _Dark_Messiah_ likes this.

2. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    And what about Sandbox, any news on how that's going and if we may see it sooner or later?
  3. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    The purpose of shifting priorities is to devote our limited resources to producing Control. Sandbox takes second priority in all regards, though code written for initially for Control also contributes to Sandbox. Essentially, a portion of the code we're writing is passively writing Sandbox as well.
  4. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Is Control basically an easier, and per se, more of a task that can be completed in less time than Sandbox?
  5. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Time and complexity are both factors, not in coding necessarily, but the big picture. The hope is we can get Control out soon, and give the community something to play for the time being while we assess Sandbox's successor.
  6. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Oh.. Thanks for the clarification man.
  7. persin9 Regular Member

XP:
    29,262xp
    Is there a set goal for the release date, or an estimated release date or this?
  8. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    No official release date yet, but we are actively coding, and just yesterday began dusting off the map!
  9. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Probably by the end of summer.
  10. CrazySmokerDude Platinum

XP:
    2,557xp
    Well, im looking forward buying a new minecraft account if this is gonna be something like old wasted :)
  11. AdmiralTNT Regular Member

XP:
    8,167xp
    This is perfect! I've missed Wasted so much.
    KoenigApfel and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  12. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    ooh i cant wait for it to come back
  13. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    The thought of bugs is making me wet.
  14. ccloughley Platinum

XP:
    86,485xp
    So...

Are the Noobmares back in action? :wink:

I've missed Wasted for so long. Might actually come back when it's released. Jetpacks were so much fun. Gun game was amazing once you figured out all of the tricks. There used to be the control points way way back in the day when I started out, but it disappeared.

Anyways, any news is good news when it comes to wasted (except if it's bad news).

Oh, and Team Vortex is dead now, innit.
  15. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Control, the control points gamemode, is what we've chosen to make its return first. Wasted Sandbox's successor gamemode is next in queue depending on how Control fairs!
  16. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    I understand you dont know the release date but is there any chance you can tell us aprox. when it might come out
  17. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    We don't want to make any promises on a specific time. We all lead pretty busy lives, but we're working as often as we can towards the final product. Ideally, we'd have it ready before summer's end, but that's no guarantee. I apologize I cannot offer any better!
    KoenigApfel and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  18. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    thanks
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  19. JanHaffa Regular Member

XP:
    20,041xp
    why did you guys even take wasted out in the first place?
  20. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    The game just had so many glitches that it wasn't even playable, and shotbow felt it would be better to completely remake it than to fix it and have it brake more.
    JanHaffa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.